Best Fridge for Meal Prep in 2023
Table of Contents
3 Refrigerators That Inspire Meal Prep and Healthy Eating
If you believe in the power of a happy, tidy refrigerator to promote healthy eating and living, you probably wonder which fridge is best for meal preps. With the best fridge for meal prep, you can prepare your meals ahead of time. This is especially ideal if you lead a busy life where you barely have time to make food every day. Having your meal prepped ensures you have something to eat even when you do not have time to cook.
For food prep ideas to work, you need to ensure your fridge is at its best function. This will guarantee that your meals remain fresh long after preparation. Taking inventory of what is left and what needs to be reimbursed is an ideal way of keeping a consistent flow in you fridge.
To get you started, here are the best three fridges that inspire healthy living.
|Top||FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator with 18 cu. ft. Total Capacity, in Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator, WHD-113FSS1 - Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator AC 110V/ DC 12V True Freezer for Car, Home, Camping, RV -8°F to 50°F, One Size, Gray||Learn more|
FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator
This is a free-standing refrigerator by Frigidaire comes with an above-average capacity of 18 cu. ft. that makes it possible to install it from the packaging to your kitchen with minimal stress and no requirement for adaptations. This is a highly recommended refrigerator for your meal preps made with a built that can fit in small spaces thanks to its 66inches in height, 30W x 32 D, and 205 pounds.
It comes with a top freezer that does not include an icemaker and measures 3.9 cubic feet in space that consists of a single evaporator unit. You can upgrade it to include an icemaker if this is a requirement for meal prep refrigerator.
That is not all. This refrigerator features four adjustable pullout shelves split to create enough space for different container sizes, drinks and foods. There are also crisper bins at the bottom of the refrigerator and a meat/deli bean on the upper part that can keep your cold foods at 32degrees.
The lower side of this fridge can be reversed, and it comes with an interior space that has storage made up of 4-tray columns that have the depth to accommodate 2-litre bottles. You will also find a self-contained butter/margarine container that comes with a cover located above the storage space. You can also use the two long storage spaces on the freezer door to freeze your juices or other narrow frozen foods.
The best part is that this is an energy-efficient refrigerator with an annual consumption of $43, which is the average local utility range in local areas. There is nothing not to love about this refrigerator.
- Total (cu. Ft.): 18 / Fridge: 14.1 / Freezer: 3.9
- 2 Full-width Sliding Glass Shelves
- 2 Humidity Controlled Crisper Drawers
- Dimensions (WHD): 30 X 66.1 X 29.9 in.
Midea 3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
If you prefer a double door fridge, the Midea 3.1 cu. Ft compact refrigerator is the best option for meal preping. It is larger than a mini-refrigerator but smaller than a traditional fridge that takes up space in the kitchen. This unit from Midea is the perfect balance for your home, esecially if you already have another fridge.
Its compact size makes it ideal for small kitchen places, bedrooms, dorms, and offices with adjustable legs and a reversible door ideal for compact spaces. This refrigerator comes with a separate compartment for fruits and vegetables, ensuring you can store just about any food. It also has internal walls on the main compartment where the lighting is fixed.
The feature that makes this the best fridge for apartment living is the energy star rating that makes it energy efficient. With this unit, you will not need to worry about diving up your power bill. It also comes with a thermostat for temperature adjustment, and a semi-automatic defrost system.
- Adjustable Temperature Ranges: Refrigerator Compartment 32 to 50 F/ Freezer Compartment -11. 2 to 5F
- Features Adjustable Legs and a Reversible Door that can Open from Left or Right
- Interior Light; Partial automatic defrost
- Separate Fruit and Vegetable Drawer. Note: The Internal Walls of the Main Compartment are Slightly Tapered Toward the Back. If the light is not working: Check if The power supply cord is unplugged, A household fuse or circuit breaker has tripped, Light bulb is loose in the socket, Light bulb burned down
- Full 1-Year . Fresh Food Capacity: 2. 2 cu. ft.
Whynter FM-45G 45 Quart Portable Refrigerator
If you are concerned that your fridge will take up too much space in your apartment, the Whynter portable refrigerator is the best option for your space-saving needs. You can cool drinks and food from -8 degrees F and 50 F with this unit, making it ideal for use as a freezer or a regular fridge. This fridge comes with a fast freeze option for rapid cooling of foods to -8 degrees. This is perfect for frozen foods.
It is made with stainless steel handles that make moving this mini fridge easy. This way, you do not need a designated place for the fridge since you can store it away when you need to make more room in your apartment. The interior is made of two wire baskets that are removable for easier time organizing. It also has an insulated lid and walls and is easy to clean thanks to the drain plug feature.
The exterior of this mini fridge comes with coated tough steel available in gray and camo. This makes it perfect for a man cave, for use in a campsite, a morning tailgate, or a long hunting trip. The best part is that this fridge is a dual voltage appliance, featuring an 8ft AC power cord and a 10ft DC cord. This makes it easy for you to plug into a direct power source when around shore power.
The only downside is the 45qt capacity, which means you might need to find a grocery store more often. Also, the unit only comes with one compartment, meaning you cannot use it as a freezer and fridge at the same time. However, its compact size makes it perfect for small apartments.
- External dimensions: 23.5″ W x 16.5″L x 20.5″ H | Net weight: 45 lb
- 45 Quarts or 60 Cans (12FL oz) capacity; Adjustable temperature range: -8°F to 50°F; LED temperature display; “Fast Freeze” mode rapidly cools to -8°F
- 8-feet AC power cord and 10-feet DC power cord; Two removable wire baskets; Insulated lid and walls; ETL approved
- Power low indicator; Functions even when tilted 30°; Tough and solid outer powder coated steel housing; Drain Plug for easy cleaning; Stainless steel side handles
- Car, RV and home use; Operates as a refrigerator or freezer; work with 12/24V DC and 110V AC power; Voltage power AC (115V/ 60Hz – 65W/ 0.75A) or DC (12V/24V – 4.5A /2.5A Car Lighter Socket); unit can be plugged in with both AC power and the DC power at the same time. If both AC and DC are plugged in at the same time, then the unit will primarily operate on AC. If the AC power source fails, DC will become primary power supply source.
- Wattage: 65 Watts
- ETL approved; Refrigerant Type: R-1
Helpful tips to follow when arranging your fridge with prepped meals
To have a successful week of enjoying prepped meals from your fridge, there are some basic guidelines you need to follow to make organizing easy.
- Always group like meals/items together
- Do your meal prep on a designated day of the week to create enough time to shop and prep
- Ensure you prep all meals in advance, including cooking what needs to be cooked.
- Always have healthy snacks ready to avoid binging on junk.
When it comes to your crisper drawer, it helps to think outside the box. Only store fruits and vegetables that require that kind of humidity in the drawer. It is best used for easy-to-access snacks or canned beverages. When you store the right fruits and vegetables in the crisper drawer, they will remain fresher for longer.
Once you find the perfect fridge for your meal prepping needs, you will change how you prepare meals in your home. With this guide, you will be able to choose the best fridge for meal prep and ensure you stick to a working schedule.