Table of Contents
How Long do you put Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer?
Pizza roll is a go-to meal for most people, whether you have children, hosting a casual party, or even just a foody looking to ‘snack up.’ I dare say that you haven’t experienced pizza roll at its best unless you’ve had air-fried pizza rolls with an air fryer. Given you have recipes like the one we are about to share with you, you can make crispy and perfect pizza rolls within minutes.
An air fryer is not a fryer in the sense that it doesn’t fry food in the same fashion as a deep fryer or pan-frying does. Instead, it looks a little faster, distributing heat more evenly, as food suspends in a perforated basket making it more like a hot air chamber convection oven fryer. Air fryers can be convenient and versatile for reheating or cooking many dishes. Anything you can bake can be made in an air fryer; this includes but is not limited to chicken breasts, burgers, steak, and even lamb chops. However, it is essential to note that not all food should be tossed into this appliance.
Many health workers and nutritionists frown at deep-frying as it is an unhealthy food preparation method. For example, most adults trying to prepare pizza rolls will typically choose to bake them in the oven instead for a healthier option, but this takes too long. In addition, when baked at a high temperature, the pizza rolls often come out soggy with an unattractive finish. This will still taste okay-ish but wouldn’t hold a candle to the crisp, golden finish that a pizza roll meticulously and adequately prepared in an air fryer.
Tips for Cooking the Frozen Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer:
Before I give out my delicious frozen pizza roll recipes, it is paramount I give out some tips on cooking with an air fryer (if you are new to the air frying game, but if it is not, you could check it out all the same). So here they are;
- Know your air fryer; each make and model of air fryer works differently, so adjust for your particular model, so you don’t overcook your pizza roll.
- A well-spread pizza roll makes for an even cook; Spread it in a single layer in the basket/tray; this will reduce them from sticking to each other. Cook in batches if needed.
- Monitor while you are cooking; several factors contribute to the timing you get your perfect pizza roll, so you need to keep an eye on it.
- Little or no oil Spray would be necessary when cooking. It will cook crispy without any extra spray added; excess oil oily makes it soggy.
- Don’t unfreeze it before cooking; take them straight from the freezer to the air fryer to cook. The air fryer is made to handle frozen food.
- Let them rest a little after serving. The insides can be dangerously hot.
How Long do you put the Pizza Rolls in an Air Fryer?
The frozen pizza rolls usually only need about 6 minutes to cook in the air fryer when placed in an even single layer. However, if you want to cook more than half the bag, you will need to let them cook for additional 3-4 .minutes. It will take about 12 to 14 minutes in a conventional oven, 10-12 minutes in a convection oven, or 5-6 minutes in an air fryer.
- Regular-Sized Pizza Rolls or Mini-Sized Pizza Rolls and spices as desired.
- First and foremost, the air fryer is preheated to about 300°F (temperature could be higher or lower depending on your discretion, but I found this to be ideal for getting the desired result). Some models of air fryers preheat to the desired temperature automatically; if your air fryer doesn’t, switch it on for 5 minutes before the cooking process.
- The next step will be to place the pizza rolls in the air fryer basket and spread them out in a single even layer. If it is overcrowded in the basket, they won’t cook evenly. Regular-sized pizza roll is more significant than the mini rolls; this is why the roll temperature and time for cooking are different.
For Regular Sized Pizza Rolls
The regular-sized pizza rolls are Air Fried at 380°F/193°C for 4-8 minutes; shake and flip over while cooking when you notice it becomes golden brown and nearly starting to ooze their filling.
For Mini Sized Pizza Rolls
The Mini-sized pizza roll is Air Fried at 380°F/193°C for 3-5 minutes, Shake and flip over while cooking when you notice it becomes golden brown and nearly starting to ooze their filling.
Let them rest for a couple of minutes to cool off, so the filling isn’t very hot. After that, it is better taken with conventional sauces, depending on personal preferences.
This recipe is specific for making Totino’s pizza rolls in an air fryer
Totino’s pizza rolls, High heat oil. This is optional. But if you intend to use it, get high-heat oil that your family likes the best: optional sauces such as ketchup and tartar sauce.
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees (193ºC); while this isn’t compulsory, I have discovered that it helps you cook the food faster and more evenly and leads to the best results. Glaze with little oil (too much oil will cause it to become stick together). Sprinkle spices as desired; I like my pizza spicy.
Place pizza rolls inside the air fryer basket or onto the tray in an even layer. Cook the frozen pizza rolls at 380 degrees for 6 minutes, shaking the basket halfway. You can stack them slightly and shake them again before they are done cooking, but they may need an extra minute or two to cook to appropriate consistency.
If you, however, like your pizza rolls extra crispy, air fry them for a total of 10 minutes. Any longer, and I can’t assure you that it will not result in burnt pizza rolls. Serve piping hot. Sometimes I like mine with extra pizza sauce mixed with grated Parmesan cheese for dipping.