Table of Contents
- How Long To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer In Under 10 Minutes
- What Are Corn Dogs?
- Why Use The Air Fryer For Your Corn Dogs?
- Can I Make Corn Dogs From Scratch To Cook In My Air Fryer?
- Where Can I Get Frozen Corn Dogs?
- Can Corn Dogs Fit In My Air Fryer Basket?
- How Long To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer
How Long To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer In Under 10 Minutes
Are you wondering how long to cook frozen corn dogs in air fryer? By the end of this post, you will be able to confidently answer that question. Using your air fryer isn’t the only way to cook your corn dogs, but it is by far the easiest. Unlike the microwave that produces a soggy mess, the air fryer will cook your corn dogs to perfection. And they will come out crispy, crunchy, and delicious.
What Are Corn Dogs?
A corn dog is made with a wooden skewer that is stuck into a hotdog and coated with batter. Kids love corn dogs because the sausage is hidden on the inside.
Why Use The Air Fryer For Your Corn Dogs?
Cooking with an air fryer is, indeed, healthier than other methods. It cooks your corn dogs by circulating piping hot air around your cooking chamber. As it travels around your corn dogs it will force the sugars and amino acids in them to caramelize. This results in a beautifully golden and crispy corn dog.
Can I Make Corn Dogs From Scratch To Cook In My Air Fryer?
There are times where you’ll want to be health-driven, and you can control that by making things from scratch. Can corn dogs be made from scratch? Of Course! However, I’m afraid that would not be possible if you’re using an air fryer to make your corn dogs. Not to mention, making fresh corn dogs would not be ideal if you’re on the go. Frozen corn dogs would be more beneficial for people that live busy lives.
Where Can I Get Frozen Corn Dogs?
Corn dogs can typically be found in the frozen food section of your local grocery or variety store. When you get to the store, you will find that the corn dogs are available in two sizes. You will find mini corn dogs that are about half the size of a regular corn dog, and regular corn dogs.
Mini Corn Dog
As the name suggested, this is the smallest corn dog. The smaller corn dog comes without a stick and takes less time to cook, especially when you’re using an air fryer.
Regular Corn Dog Size
When I think of corn dogs, I normally think of a carnival. The corn dogs you typically get at festivals are your regular corn dogs. A normal corn dog is the larger size of the two which are served at carnivals.
Can Corn Dogs Fit In My Air Fryer Basket?
Before you can determine the time you will need to cook your corn dogs, you will need to check if the regular-sized corn dogs will fit in the air fryer basket. All air fryer brands will not be the same size, so check with your owner’s manual.
A friend of mine said that his Air Crisper that is the size of 7-quart could fit 3 corn dogs in his air fryer basket. And that was without taking out the stick from the corn dog. While my 10-quart can easily fit about 4 and a half.
How Long To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer
Regular corn dogs will cook in your air fryer for about 8 – 10 minutes at 360 degrees F. While your mini corn dogs will get the perfect crisp in about 6 – 8 minutes when cooked at the same temperature. Depending on your air fryer, you make even be able to cook them in less time by increasing the temperature to 400 degrees.
How To Cook Frozen Corn Dog In Air Fryer
Here are a few recipes for you to try.
How Long To Cook Corn Dog In Air Fryer
Preparation Time: 11 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 1 serving of Frozen Corn dogs
- Preheat the air fryer about 360 degrees F
- Put the corn dogs at the base of the air fryer in a single layer. It would let them prepare unevenly by adding over one layer, and you will have a few undercooked corn dogs.
- Fry for 4 – 5 minutes at 360° F. Shake basket then fry for an extra 4 – 5 minutes in the cold. Whether you like a crispier small corn dog or whether your air fryer tends to undercook, add a minute.
Nutrition: Calories: 166 Fat: 3g Protein: 8g
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 uncured All-Beef Sausages, halved, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Half Cup Bamboo Broach (About 2 1/8 oz.) or 12 craft sticks
- 1 1/2 cups minced corn flakes cereal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Slice each sausage half into each half 3 even pieces then stick a skewer into each piece.
- Transfer your dough to a shallow dish. Then create a breading station by separating your flour, eggs, and cornflakes into shallow dishes.
- Generously coat your hot dog lollipops in flour. You can achieve this by dipping it directly in it.
- Then dredge it in your eggs. Shake off any excess then transfer to cornflake pieces, pressing until fully coated.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 6 corn dog bites in a basket; Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Set your air fryer to 375 degrees F, and cook your corn dogs for 10 minutes. The corn dogs should be beautifully golden and crispy.
- Serve your corn dog hot with mustard or your favorite dipping sauce.
Corn dogs are pretty easy to make, though often intimidating to make from scratch. Luckily, the frozen corn dogs we get in the grocery store are just as delicious. They are often available in multiple flavors (pork, chicken, or beef). And can be whipped up in minutes in your air fryer to create a crispy, crunchy, and filling bite. Be sure to give the recipes featured above a try, even the one made from scratch, then come back to let me know how it went. See you in the next one.