Table of Contents
- How To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer So, It Crispy On Top And Cooked In The Middle
- Does The Air Fryer Work To Prepare Marie Callenders Pot Pies?
- What Is The Recommended Cooking Time For Frozen Food In An Air Fryer?
- Can You Cook Other Types of Pot Pie In Air Fryer?
- Is It Necessary To Thaw Frozen Pot Pies Before Air Frying Them?
- How To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer
- Can You Cook Other Pies In An Air Fryer?
- Our Tested Recipe For Frozen Pot Pie in Air Fryer
- Bottom Line
- Related Video:
How To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer So, It Crispy On Top And Cooked In The Middle
Do you wonder how to cook chicken pot pie in air fryer? Then this post is for you! Last week I figured out how to make a frozen pot pie in an air fryer with my girls! I don’t see the point of heating up the whole kitchen for a little pie. So we set out to experiment with the air fryer. There is no possibility of us cooking chicken pot pie any other way. We finally managed to nail down the timing and procedure for our favorite Pot Pie after several attempts. Today, we will be exploring all my findings. Therefore, regardless of whether your favorite is a chicken or turkey pot pie, everyone is guaranteed to enjoy it.
Does The Air Fryer Work To Prepare Marie Callenders Pot Pies?
Yes, definitely! Their size is just right for this. Since the middle is much larger than the crust, it will take longer to heat up. It is important not to overcook the outside and to make sure the filling gets hot at the same time.
What Is The Recommended Cooking Time For Frozen Food In An Air Fryer?
There are many facets to this question. I guess it depends on exactly what is being cooked. A thick piece of meat will take longer to cook than vegetables.
You can use our air fryer cooking times chart to determine what temperature to use for corn dogs or frozen mozzarella sticks. Timing is also important.
Can You Cook Other Types of Pot Pie In Air Fryer?
Of course, you can! There are many different pot pies to choose from. Some, I have never even tried. Like I know that beef pot pies exist, but I’ve never purchased or eaten it.
Is It Necessary To Thaw Frozen Pot Pies Before Air Frying Them?
I would not recommend doing that. From a frozen state to a tender and warm state, is how pot pies were meant to be cooked. You will end up with an unsatisfactory crust if you defrost it first. The underside will get kinda’ mushy.
How To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer
Tips I Learned:
- Start with an 8-ounce frozen pot pie, approximately. That way, there is enough room for two in a 6-quart basket.
- The best way to find the perfect temperature is to start slowly and then gradually increase it for a few minutes towards the end.
- One other step you should not overlook is not opening the basket once the timer has gone off. For five minutes, keep it inside, closed. This way, you give the middle more time to warm up completely.
- Your chicken pot pie should be done in about 21 minutes.
Steps To Cook Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer
- For 5 minutes, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. The timing below applies to 10 oz pot pies with 1 or 2 in a batch. It will take longer to preheat for larger ones.
- 1-2 frozen pot pies should be placed into an air fryer basket, and allowed to air fry for 15 minutes.
- Next, increase temperature to 380 degrees F and let it continue to cook for six minutes.
- If you want the middle to remain warm, leave it in the closed air fryer basket for 5 minutes after the cooking time ends.
- This is a complete meal because it contains vegetables and chicken breasts. For some freshness, it could be served with a salad.
You will need to be careful as you lift these babies. Aluminum pie tins get hot in high temperatures, so keep that in mind. Remember not to touch the underside when serving. Consider removing it from the aluminum pan and placing it on a small plate.
It doesn’t matter what brand air fryer you use, you should still be able to make them this way. There is really no major difference between brands. Size is the most significant difference between fryer brands. So, if you have an air fryer with the smaller 3 qt basket, you may have to cook in batches of one.
Can You Cook Other Pies In An Air Fryer?
The answer is yes! Interestingly, I bought a pie crust, filled it with apple pie filling and it worked in the air fryer too! There was no major difference in timing, and the taste was pretty good. This will make your dinner complete if you do a dessert pie to serve with your chicken pot pie.
There are also many other frozen foods that can be made with an air fryer once you’ve tried this one. We tried frozen meatballs, tater tots, chicken wings, and pizza rolls to name a few.
Our Tested Recipe For Frozen Pot Pie in Air Fryer
One frozen 10 oz pot pie
- Set your air fryer to preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Cook frozen pot pie(s) for 15 minutes in your air fryer.
- After 6 minutes, raise the temperature to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to keep the middle warm, leave it in the closed air fryer basket for a further 5 minutes.
Cooking Large Chicken Pot Pies In Air Fryer Particularly Marie Callender’s
Large Chicken Pot Pie (Marie Callender’s, 15 oz)
This has recently been updated (previously we suggested 40 minutes at 400F), but some friends reported burning, while others reported good results. In this updated recipe, the temperature is lowered for some additional time:
- Turn on the air fryer and preheat it to 350° F.
- Wrap the pot pie in aluminum foil.
- Your pot pie should be baked for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
If you want a crispier or well-done crust, take the aluminum foil off during the last 5-10 minutes
Does an air fryer work for making pot pies? Absolutely! Is it worth it? That’s a tougher question. However, I would say the air fryer doesn’t significantly add to the quality of the finished product despite speeding up the cooking process compared to a regular oven. It’s, however, easy and convenient to halve the cooking time of your pie with an air fryer if you do not have an oven or do not want to turn it on.