Table of Contents
- How To Cook Chicken In An Electric Skillet Successfully?
How To Cook Chicken In An Electric Skillet Successfully?
Time to learn something new. Today we will be learning how to cook chicken in an electric skillet. Along the way we will also learn what is an electric skillet, as well as, if there is a difference between using a stovetop or an electric skillet to cook things.
What Is An Electric Skillet
As the name suggests, an electric skillet is a kitchen appliance that needs an electrical outlet to start frying your food. Unlike traditional pots and pans, which you would put on a stovetop or in an oven to heat up so that your food can be cooked.
Why You Should Use An Electric Skillet?
One of the reasons that most people would use an electric skillet is because it is larger than some traditional skillets. While some people don’t mind spending long hours cooking, others would spend their money to buy an electric skillet because they can save time by cooking less batches.
With the electric skillet, there are more functions you can use, such as controlling the temperature to adjust the heating stages. Also, the electric skillet has a non-stick surface coated at the bottom to prevent food from being stuck and burnt.
How To Cook Chicken In An Electric Skillet
Here are a few recipes that you can try to teach you how to get your chicken perfect in an electric skillet.
Electric Skillet Fried Chicken
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Servings: 8 people
- all-purpose flour (2 1/2 cups)
- Dried parsley (1 teaspoon)
- Dried oregano (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic salt (1 1/2 teaspoons)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Eggs (3 large)
- Buttermilk (1/3 cup)
- Juice (1 lemon)
- Zest (1 lemon)
- Raw chicken pieces – (4 to 5 lbs)
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Meat thermometer
- Add the pepper, salt, oregano, garlic salt, parsley, and flour, in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk the lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs, and lemon juice together.
- Put chicken pieces, individually, in the flour mixture so that it is coated properly. Then the next step is to dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture and back into the flour mixture again.
- Put the coated chicken pieces on a sheet pan. While putting the chicken on the sheet make sure to spread them out so that they are not touching. Let the chicken pieces be refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Add at least a depth of 1/2 inch of oil within the electric skillet. Heat your oil over medium-high. Before putting the chicken pieces into the electric skillet, ensure that the temperature of the oil reaches 375 degrees F.
- Cook the chicken on each side for 10 minutes. Depending on the size of your electric skillet, it would be best to fry them in batches of 2 -3. This way your chicken isn’t crowded in the pan and your oil temperature doesn’t drop below 375 F degrees.
- While the chicken is frying, ensure that your chicken has a golden-brown color consistency. Use the thermometer, to ensure that the chicken is cooked properly, with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Put the cooked chicken on a baking tray, lined with paper towels, so that it drains off any excess oil off your chicken for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Electric Skillet Barbecue Chicken
Challenge yourself by making BBQ chicken, too easy right. Here’s the real challenge, cook the chicken but prevent the outside part of the chicken from burning while the inside is fully cooked. Still too easy for you, then let’s use an electric skillet. Are you sweating now, do you still think you can win this challenge?
- Oil (1 tsp)
- Chicken pieces (3 lbs.)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Barbecue sauce (16 oz.)
- Orange soda (16 oz.)
Steps to Make It:
- Preheat your electric skillet to 275 degrees F. Once your electric skillet is hot enough add the oil.
- Place all of your chicken in a large bowl then add pepper and salt, mix well so that it is fully combined. At this time the oil in the skillet is should be hot enough, if not then give it a little time to be hot.
- Add a few chicken pieces in the skillet but don’t overcrowd the skillet. Sear each side of the chicken pieces for about 2 minutes.
- Add the orange soda and barbecue sauce to the skillet.
- Cook the chicken for 35-40 minutes and basting occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy.
Easy Electric Skillet Garlic Chicken
The key ingredient for this recipe will be garlic. Such bold flavor that you can easily make in an electric skillet.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 people
- Chicken pieces (1 ½ lb., boneless, skinless)
- Vegetable oil (1-2 tbs.)
- Garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- Black garlic (4 cloves, smashed)
- Chicken broth (1 cup)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- You can use kitchen shears to cut the chicken into bite-size. Season generously with garlic powder, black pepper, and kosher salt.
- Turn on your electric skillet and set it to medium-high heat. Add the oil to the electric skillet to coat the bottom. Once the oil is hot then add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes so that it is fully cooked through. Ensure that each size of the chicken is evenly browned.
- When removing the chicken from the skillet using a slotted spoon. Place the removed chicken on a paper towel to remove any additional oil.
- Once all the chicken is cooked and out of the electric skillet. Add the garlic minced in the skillet and cook for just 30 seconds. Add the chicken broth. Use the liquid to scrape anything that is stuck to the bottom. Add the black garlic and stir to combine.
- Put the chicken back into the electric skillet and let it cook the liquid until it thickens like a sauce. Serve and enjoy.
Both the electric skillet and the traditional skillet produces the same quality of food. The electric skillet, however, carries additional benefits that can save you time and energy in the kitchen.