Table of Contents
- How To Air Fry Hot Pockets So They Are Perfect In Under 10 Minutes
How To Air Fry Hot Pockets So They Are Perfect In Under 10 Minutes
Do you want to know how to air fry hot pockets? If so, this post is got you covered. I know you may be thinking you’ve had thousands of hot pockets in your lifetime. But believe me when I say none of the ones you tried can compare to a hot pocket cooked in an air fryer. If you’ve ever wondered how to make the perfect hot pocket. Look no further, it’s in your air fryer!
Your air fryer will produce a crispy crust on the outside, and gooey deliciousness on the inside. The best part is that it will accomplish this in under 10 minutes. That’s right! Gonna days where your frozen hot pockets taste like bland frozen food. In the past, we fried snacks like Air Fryer Tater Tots, and Air Fried Chicken Wings so, I figured why not try the hot pocket. It worked beyond my wildest dreams. With the crust like French toast and gooey insides like pizza, I’ll never go back to microwaving hot pockets ever again. So in this post, I am going to show you exactly how I did it.
What’s even better is that heating them up in the air fryer was incredibly easy. To achieve the same results simply follow the instructions for the air fryer time and temperature that we are going to discuss them this post and you’ll be well on your way to changing the way you view hot pocket for the rest of your life.
In this post we will explore the following topics:
- Do I Need to Preheat My Air Fry?
- How to Air Fry Hot Pockets?
- Which Flavor of Hot Pockets Can I Use This Recipe for?
- Can My Pizza Pocket Be Cooked in Less Time in the Air Fryer?
- Hot Pockets: the Easy Way
- Should I Clean My Air Fryer after Cooking Hot Pockets?
Do I Need to Preheat My Air Fryer?
I highly recommend that you preheat your air fryer before frying your hot pockets. This will ensure that they get an even crisp around your crust. This is especially important when frying frozen foods.
How to Air Fry Hot Pockets
Once you are ready to cook your hot pocket, follow the following steps:
1) That your air fryer to preheat to 400°F.
2) Transfer your hot pockets to your air fryer basket.
Note: There is no need to keep your crispers on at the beginning of your cooking process. Instead, keep your crispers sleeves on hand for extra crispiness at the end.
3) Set to air fry until beautifully golden (about 13 minutes).
Note: There is no need to flip your hot pockets midway through cooking. The air in your air fryer will circulate around the hot pocket making beautiful crispy all the way around.
4) Transfer your hot pockets to a serving plate and allowed them to cool for at least five minutes.
Note: Your hot pockets may be bearable to touch straight from the air fryer, but the feeling inside will be extremely hot. So, though it may be tempting, try not to skip the cooling time.
5) Once cooled, toss them in your crisper sleeves and serve.
Which Flavors of Hot Pockets Can I Use This Recipe for?
The instructions above can be used for any type of hot pocket. So that means all flavors, all shapes, and all crust types even the pretzel crust. You are free to use these instructions for your cheese pizza pockets, ham and cheese pockets, bacon cheddar cheese, sausage and pepperoni pockets, or anything else.
How To Air Fry My Hot Pocket in Less Time in the Air Fryer?
As you may have already guessed from the title, there is a quicker way to get your hot pockets cooked in under 10 minutes. Thirteen minutes is, in fact, a long time if you are just seeking a quick lunch. I felt this way too. So, I decided to come up with my own hybrid method that I’m about to teach to you.
The hot pockets won’t be as crispy as if it was air fried for the full 13 minutes. But they will still be delicious and crispy enough to enjoy, and much better than simply microwaving them. Let’s dive into how to do it.
Hot Pockets: The Easy Way
1) Set air fryer to preheat to 400°F.
2) Place your hot pockets in your crisping sleeve and set to microwave for a minute while your air fryer preheats.
3) Once your microwave stops, carefully transfer your hot pockets from your microwave to your air fryer basket.
4) Set to cook in your air fryer for four minutes.
Note: Cooking hot pockets for four minutes in your air fryer, will allow the outside of your hot pocket to become crispy while finishing the cooking of your filling that was started in the microwave. This way you get the crispiness that you love from a hot pocket in a fraction of the time.
5) Carefully remove your hot pocket from the air fryer and allow it to cool for at least five minutes before eating. Return your hot pockets to the crisper sleeve and enjoy.
Note: Bear in mind that your hot pockets may still be hot so be sure to eat carefully.
Should I Clean My Air Fryer After Cooking Hot Pockets?
Always clean your air fryer after cooking your hot pocket. Your air fryer should be cleaned after every use. Sure, you didn’t use any oils to cook your hot pocket, however, it will still leave a residue inside your air fryer basket. So be sure to clean your air fryer basket or tray using soap and hot water.
Some parts of the air fryer may be dishwasher-friendly. Ensuring that you check your manual to become aware of how to clean each section of your air fryer.
Now you know two ways to make delicious hot pockets. You can use a traditional method of air frying your hot pockets if you have the time. However, if you are pressed for time the under 10 minutes hack would be good for you.