- How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer To Create Snacks For The Whole Family
- Discovering The Air Fryer
- How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer To Create Snacks For The Whole Family
Do you want to know how to cook chicken nuggets in the air fryer? If so, I got you covered. Chicken nuggets are great as a snack, on top of a salad to make a full meal, or as a full lunch for your kids. Today we will be exploring how to get the most delicious nuggets for the whole family to enjoy. What’s even better, is that chicken nuggets are not only delicious but also super easy to prepare. Especially if you have an air fryer. But hey, don’t just take my word for it! Let’s explore a bit more about the air fryer and dive into a few recipes for delicious chicken nuggets.
Discovering The Air Fryer
If you are new to the world of air frying, you have nothing to fear. The air fryer is pretty simple to understand. This super appliance gives you the ability to create delicious, crispy, and juicy fried foods without the ton of oil you would need in a deep fryer. How to do this? Well, cooks your food with scorching hot air that is circulated throughout the cooking chamber from a heating coil and a high-powered fan. This hot air has a chemical reaction in your food that allows it to sear, crisp, and remain juicy in the middle. This process works the same whether you’re cooking fresh foods are directly from the freezer.
How To Cook Coconut Chicken Nuggets in The Air Fryer
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 25mins
- Chicken Nuggets (1 lb., not breaded)
- Salt (2 tsp., to taste)
- Pepper (1 tsp., to taste)
- coconut (½ cup, grated, for coating)
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Season your nuggets to taste, then roll the chicken pieces in your almond meal so that they are evenly coated.
- Once coated, place your nuggets in your fry basket.
- Allow to cook until golden brown in appearance and no longer pink on the inside. This generally takes about 25 minutes, but the time may vary slightly based on your specific air fryer brand and model. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (for about 5 Nuggets)
How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
Maple Glazed Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Nuggets
- Oil Spray
- Preferred Seasoning
- Maple Syrup
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place your nuggets in your fry basket.
- Lightly coat with olive oil. You can use a spray bottle to do this or brush on oil with a pastry brush.
- Allow to cook until golden in appearance (about 6 minutes, flipping halfway through).
- Transfer your wings to a mixing bowl and toss in maple until evenly coated.
- Return to the fryer and continue to cook for another 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Enjoy!
How To Cook Cheesy Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- Mozzarella cheese, for topping, as much as preferred
- parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons grated
- Chicken, 2 large breasts, skinless, boneless, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- olive oil, 2 teaspoons
- kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Italian breadcrumbs, whole wheat, 6 tablespoons
- Panko, 2 tablespoons
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for eight minutes.
- Put olive oil in one bowl and the panko, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season the chicken to your liking, then toss in olive oil to evenly coat all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken one at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place them into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Then lightly spray the top of it with olive oil spray.
- Close the Air Fryer lid and cook for 6 minutes, turning halfway until it gets golden.
- Top your nuggets with your mozzarella then return to air fry until the cheese is melted (about another 2 minutes).
Graham Cracker Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- chicken breast, 1 pound, skinless, cut into strips
- Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup grated
- Graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup
- Eggs, 2
- all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup
- Buttermilk, 1/2 cup
- Italian Seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray (avocado oil)
- Choose the Air Fry option on the Air Fryer and set the temperature to 400°F. Push start and begin the preheating.
- Put the chicken nuggets in a bag with a Ziplock or bowl and coat them with milk
- Combine the cracker crumbs, salt and pepper, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese in a deep bowl.
- Place the egg in the other bowl and flour in a separate bowl.
- Dig the nuggets through the flour followed by dipping in egg, post dredge through the breadcrumb mix.
- Once preheated, sprinkle the Air Fryer trays or basket with oil and place the nuggets on the tray. Do not crowd or overlap the nuggets.
- Drizzle the chicken nuggets with some oil.
- Close the air fryer lid and Air Fry for about 5 minutes, then turn the nuggets over and spray them with oil again. Switch the tray positions in case you are using multiple trays.
- Repeat step 8 again.
- Air fry for another 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of your chicken nuggets is at least 165°F. The color of your breading should be a nice golden brown. Be sure to flip the chicken tenders halfway through the cooking time.
These Air Fryer Chicken nuggets can be enjoyed by people of all ages. They create the perfect snack for after hours, after school, on the playground, or the ball game. There are so many possibilities to explore when it comes to these chicken nuggets. I hope you were able to find value in the recipes and topics discussed today. Be sure, to come on back and let us know in the comments below if you were able to replicate or tweak any of the recipes above. Happy cooking!