- How to Cook Chicken Liver for Dogs – An In Depth Guide
- Are the Chicken Liver Beneficial for Dogs?
- Should You Feed the Dogs Raw Chicken Liver?
- Easy Chicken Liver Meat Recipe for Dog
- Chicken Liver Cookies Recipe for Dog
How to Cook Chicken Liver for Dogs – An In Depth Guide
After knowing the benefits of the chicken liver, we know you will be keen to serve it to your dog. Below, we will discuss the usual ways of cooking the livers along with the procedure of making cookies from the liver. Check them out from below.
Chicken livers can be tasty and nutritious food for your dog. It is filled with several health values including essential fatty acids, protein, and vitamins. It can help to improve the eyesight of your dog as well as improve the appearance of its coat. What’s more impressive is they are available at a cheap cost when compared with the other dog foods.
So, how to cook chicken liver for dogs? Well, there are several ways to prepare chicken liver meals for your dogs. In this post, we will let you know about two chicken liver recipes in step by step guide. We will also discuss the benefits of meat for dogs.
Are the Chicken Liver Beneficial for Dogs?
- If you prefer healthy foods for the dog, chicken livers can be an excellent choice. As we mentioned earlier, it has numerous benefits for dog health and well-being.
- Chicken liver is filled with minerals like zinc, iron, and copper. They assist in the growth of the bones.
- Chicken livers contain a good portion of amino acids and protein which are required for overall development and growth.
- It also includes vitamin A, D, E, and K, which are very important for growth, reproduction, overall health.
- The chicken liver is also rich in vitamin B complex, which is important for well-being, better energy levels, and cell metabolism.
- The omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids in the chicken liver can help to improve the shininess of the dog’s coat.
- The chicken organs can help to improve the blood’s oxygen-carrying capacity. It assists to make the dog stronger and enhance endurance.
- The high level of vitamin A content in the chicken liver will help to improve the eyesight of the dog.
Should You Feed the Dogs Raw Chicken Liver?
Some dogs may love raw meats but it is not recommended to feed the raw chicken livers considering the risk factors. There are chances of salmonella or bacteria infection with the raw chicken livers, just like the raw meats. Besides, it can even make the dog sick if you introduce it all of a sudden. Cooking the meat not only cuts the risks but also helps to lessen the natural predator and wild instinct.
Easy Chicken Liver Meat Recipe for Dog
The recipe is pretty easy and you will not require many ingredients apart from the livers. Let’s see how you can prepare it. Things you will need for the recipes are:
- Chicken Livers
- A Plate
- A Medium Pot
- A Small Bowl
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Clean the Chicken Livers
The first thing you should do is to clean the chicken livers. This will assist you to remove the excess blood and debris. Put the livers in a small bowl and use cold water to wash them. After a thorough clean, the livers should become less red. Make sure to remove the floating debris once you are done washing.
Step 2: Further Cleaning
For a thorough clean, rinse the chicken livers once or twice. The water should become clearer after that. Now you can take the livers and put them in a small bowl. After that, fill the cooking pot with adequate water. There should be enough water to submerge the chicken livers.
Step 3: Time to Cook
Now turn on the stove and put it on high heat. Add the pot and wait for the water to start boiling. Once you see the boil, add the livers carefully as the hot water can splat. After that, lessen the heat a bit and let the meats cook for around 15 minutes.
Step 4: Time to Serve
Turn off the stove after 15 minutes and wait a while for the pot to become cold. Then remove the excess water into the sink. Once they become safe to touch, you can collect them in the pooch to serve.
Chicken Liver Cookies Recipe for Dog
You can also prepare chicken liver cookies to treat your dog something special. Note the procedure will be a little lengthy. Let’s see what you will require for the recipe:
- Chicken Livers
- Garlic Powder
- Powder Milk
- Vegetable Oil
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Begin with Washing Them
You will need to follow the same process we mentioned in the first recipe. Begin washing with cold water, and then rinse a few times until you get comparatively clean water.
Step 2: Boiling and Process the Chicken Livers
Now you will need to boil the chicken livers. This step is the same as like as step 3 of the first recipe. After boiling the lives, put them into the food processor to prepare purees. Add a few drops of oil during the procedure. Make sure to save the broth to add to the dough.
Step 3: Make the Dough
Once you made the purees, put them into the freezer in smaller portions (preferably half cup). Now create a dough with two cups of flour, half-cup of powdered milk, and five to six tablespoons of vegetable oil. You may also add a tablespoon of salt for taste.
To ensure the thickness, add an egg along with the broth as required. Then add the puree with the mixture and put them on the fridge to chill for a few hours.
Step 4: Baking
After chilling, prepare preferred shapes for cookies and put them into the oven at 350 degrees Celsius. They should be ready with 30 minutes. Once they are ready, you can serve them to the dog after cooling or preserve them for later in an airtight container.
You may not like the chicken livers, but they can be the dream food of your dog. From now on, don’t throw away the livers from your chicken while cooking them. Instead, save them and follow the above recipes to make them tasty and edible for the dog. Your dog will thank you for sure!