How To Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer
Table of Contents
How To Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer To Create The Perfect Corn Dog
Do you know how to cook corn dogs in the air fryer? If not, then today is the day that changes! In this post, we will explore how to use your air fryer properly so, that you can use it to create the perfect corn dog. Once you learn to utilize the air fryer to its fullest potential, your corn dog will be cooked to perfection in just about 10 minutes. The air fryer cooks your corn dog using scorching hot air that circulates them rapidly resulting in a crispy, crunchy exterior and juicy sausage on the interior.
We will be exploring a few recipes in this post to teach you exactly how to cook your corn dogs both from frozen and from scratch. But before we dive into them, let’s discuss a bit about the device that will be blessing us with crispiness.
Understanding the Air Fryer: Control Panel and Control Dials:
There is a control panel that is present on the front top portion of an air fryer. This control panel is usually designed to allow better control over the time and temperature settings of the machine. There are two control dials present on the panel:
The temperature dial:
The temperature dial can be used to increase or decrease the temperature values on the control panel display. You can select any value from 175 F to 400 F.
The timer dial:
The timer dial is used to increase or decrease the cooking time according to the need. Usually, there is a 60-minutes timer dial fixed on any Air fryer.
Then there is a control panel display, which shows the cooking operations. It has different lights to represent a different function. For instance, there are usually:
To indicate that the machine is working.
To indicate that the heating or cooking function is over.
Note: These are commonly found features in almost all Air fryers. There are several other sides or optional features that are available in different and new models of Air fryers, which are not discussed here.
What Kind of Meals Can You Prepare In An Air Fryer?
Air Fryers were first launched to provide oil-free crispy food to people looking for low-fat meals. But as the air fryers came more widely in use, new and better uses of the Air fryers came to light. As of today, there are a variety of options on the menu that you can cook in your Air fryer, that may include:
- All Crispy Snacks: Rolls, corn dogs, fries, fat bombs, crisps, etc.
- Breakfast Meals: frittata, bread, omelet, bacon, sausages, etc.
- Seafood and Fish: Coated crispy cod, salmon, shrimp, etc.
- Poultry and Meat: steaks, chops, drumettes, chicken wings, etc.
- Vegetables Sides and Mains: Crispy broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower florets, potato cups, zucchini boat, etc.
- Desserts and Fruits: muffins, souffle, dried fruits, cookies, biscuits, etc.
To Preheat Or Not Preheat That Is The Question
We had touched on the air fryer being preheated in a previous section. Most air fryer brands recommend you to preheat before you add the food. There is no need to follow this step when your cooking corn dog in an air fryer.
Summary on Cooking Corn dog in an air fryer
All you have to do is add the corn dog into the basket, set both the temperature and timer. This recipe is so simple. All you do is get your corn dog, put it in your air fryer, and cook it for 9-10 minutes. That’s it!
How to Air Fry Corn Dogs
Here is the moment that you have been waiting for, how to air fry corn dogs. Just as how you learned to cook a normal corn dog, it’s the same steps. Put the mini corn dogs frozen in the basket. Remember to give them space, when you’re placing them in the basket. Set the temperature on your air fryer.
This is where the regular and the mini corn dogs go their separate ways. While the timer for the regular size corn dogs takes about 10 minutes to cook, the mini corn dogs will take about 5 minutes.
The cooking time for the corn dog can be shorter or longer depending on your preference. If you like your corn dogs to be softer, less time is ideal. If you want your corn dogs to be crispy then it will take some time. Play around with the time to see what you prefer.
Air Fryer and Corn Dogs and an Air Fryer
Corn dogs, just the way you like them at a carnival or fair. But doing it in the comfort of your home.
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Frozen Corn Dogs (4)
- Place your frozen corn dog in an air fryer basket.
- Set your Air Fry temperature at 360 degrees F for 8 – 9 minutes. During the halfway mark of the cooking time, toss the corn dog.
- Serve warm.
How To Cook Chicken Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer That You Made From Scratch?
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Chicken hot dogs, halved, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Half Cup Bamboo Broach or 12 craft sticks
- 1 1/2 cups minced corn flakes cereal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Slice each sausage half into each half into 3 even pieces then stick a skewer into each piece.
- Transfer your dough to a shallow dish. Then create a breading station by separating your flour, eggs, and cornflakes into shallow dishes.
- Generously coat your hot dog lollipops in flour. You can achieve this by dipping it directly in it.
- Then dredge it in your eggs. Shake off any excess then transfer to cornflake pieces, pressing until fully coated.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 6 corn dog bites in a basket; Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Now you can enjoy a carnival in your home whenever you are craving a corn dog. Corn dogs are easy to whip up and can be whipped up in just about 10 minutes. Which makes it a perfect snack for your kids or late-night munchies.