Table of Contents
How To Cook Hash Browns In An Air Fryer For Breakfast
Are you looking for a quick and easy breakfast? Then you have come to the right place, we’re going to be talking about how to cook hash browns in an air fryer. We are going to show you how you can make your hash brown to be the crunchiest and the crispiest that you probably have ever seen in your life.
There are two ways that the hash brown will come in, and that the frozen way or making it from scratch. Both those ways can be cooked in the air fryer. Cooking frozen hash brown will be the quickest and easiest way to cook hash brown. Why you may ask? Because all you have to do is take it out of your freezer and put it in your air fryer. All you have to do is flip it or shake it, that seems simple to me.
Making hash browns from scratch will be a little bit tedious but it can be fun. This is an activity that you can do with your young kids. Making from scratch will allow you to control what goes into, making this method the healthier option.
Let me not give away all the information, in the next couple of section will be learning more about hash brown and how to cook it in your air fryer.
How To Cook Hash Browns In An Air Fryer: Theory
the first thing that you’re going to do is to set your air fryer temperature at 400°F to preheat.
In your air fryer basket place your hash browns into it. Cook your hash brown at 400°F for 8 to 10 minutes. Halfway through your cooking time flip your hash brown using heat resistant spatula.
If you’re the type of person that likes crispy hash brown then you can let your hash brown cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
Surprisingly enough some hash browns contain oil so please read your package carefully. If your hash brown doesn’t back has a lenient then there is no need for you to space with additional oil. However, if you notice that your hash going to the little bit to drive for your liking that is best for you to spray a little oil on your hash browns so that it can be moist again.
Once the hash brown is done to your liking, take them out of the air fryer and let it cool for about two minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Utensils That I Can Use To Flip Food In An Air Fryer
As you should know inside your air fryer is coated in nonstick. Which means you will not be able to use anything metal to flip your food. The reason for this is that the metal utensil that you use can scratch the nonstick in the air fryer. It would be best to use something like a plastic utensil.
If you continue to use a mental object to flip your food, then you will be scratching all of the nonstick coatings from the basket. Once that’s done then you already know that you no longer have a nonstick basket. The best thing that you must do is to spray your cooking in the basket on your food as well. The problem with that is cleaning may take longer than usual does.
How To Cook Hash Browns In An Air Fryer: Recipes
Here are a few recipes that you can try for yourself.
Hash Brown Patties In Frozen Form
One way to make your hash brown to be crispy and delicious.
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- hash brown patties (4 frozen)
- Set your air fryer temperature at 400 degrees F to preheat.
- In the air fryer basket, put the hash brown into it. While you’re putting in your hash brown ensure that your space between each piece. Cook your hash brown for 8 to 10 minutes, flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Once the hash brown is done to your liking take them out and let it cook for about two minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Air Fryer Hash Browns
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- spray oil
- 1/2 bag hash brown potatoes
- In your air fryer basket, place parchment paper into it.
- Place the hash browns on the lined basket of the air fryer.
- Season the hash brown pepper and salt. Once that’s done spray oil on it.
- Cook the hash brown in your air fryer at the temperature of 370°F for seven minutes.
- Halfway through the cooking time flip and spray your hash brown.
- Cook your hash browns for another 7 to 8 minutes. You can cook longer if you want your hash brown to be crispier.
- Serve and enjoy
Air Fryer Hash Browns From Scratch
Prep Time:25 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/2 tsp onion powder optional
- 5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb. yellow potatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Peel all your potatoes then full cold water into a large bowl.
- Shred your potatoes using a grater, then put the shredded potatoes into the cold water. Complete that step until all the potatoes are grated. Leave the shredded potatoes in the water for 20 minutes
- Then drain the water from the bowl leaving only the shredded potatoes then rinse with cold water. You can place the shredded potato into a colander if it makes it easier for you.
- Dry the shredded potatoes using a clean paper towel to squeeze all of the water out of them. Keep using the paper towel to dry out the shredded potatoes until it’s mostly dry. That way your hash brown can be crispy.
- Add the dry potatoes shredded into a bowl using the avocado oil (if needed) season it with salt and pepper. Mix well until it is fully combined.
- Spray the air fryer basket then place the shredded potatoes inside the basket. Spread the shredded potatoes around the basket by using a spatula. While you’re spreading it, press it down into an even layer.
- Cook the hash brown for 15 to 20 minutes or until it is golden brown at 380°F. For this recipe, there is no need for you to flip.
- Serve and enjoy
We’ve come to the end of this wonderful post I know that you wanted to continue I know I did. In the recipes, we’ve learned how to make multiple versions of hash browns. I hope that you enjoyed yourself with this one and I’ll see you at the next one.