How to Cook Hash Browns in Power Air Fryer?
Table of Contents
How to Cook Hash Browns in Power Air Fryer?
To cook crispy golden hash browns to perfection, an air fryer is essential. Hash brown patties are very simple to cook in an air fryer, coming out crunchy on the outside and warm and soft in the middle without all that oil. This is why I will be sharing my air frying recipe with you.
This recipe with some scrambled eggs and cheese makes for a great breakfast. It is tastier and healthier, and with the added advantage, you can prepare Air Fried to hash brown in just about 15 minutes. You still don’t believe me? Try your hands on this recipe.
Why Air Fry Hash Brown is better than Oven-Baked?
- Preheating the air fryer is optional; some even preheated it automatically. Preheating the oven adds about ten more minutes to the preparation of the hash brown.
- Food can be shaken in the air fryer during cooking, although you will need to keep a close watch to avoid burning.
- Although the oven can hold more brown at once, the air fryer tends to cook it faster with a crispier finish. It only takes about 15 minutes to cook the hash brown from frozen.
- The cleaning after use is easier in the air fryer than an oven or any other cooking method because less oil is necessary.
- No extra oil is needed to be added because air frying doesn’t need so much oil.
- Air-fried hash brown gives an incredible crunch that the traditional oven doesn’t.
- Air fryer hash brown is healthier and delicious snacks and side dishes to make. They taste deep-fried but are so much healthier.
- It is straightforward to make. It is so easy that you will probably get to make perfect crunchy hash brown on your first attempt.
- Any model of Air fryer will be okay
- Kitchen thermometer
- Lyndale farms hash brown patty
- Seasoning and spice
I use Lyndale Farms hash brown patties, and they are only 4 points per hash brown patty. This is entirely optional as you can use any brand of hash brown patties you like or even decide to make it on your own by shredded potatoes and shaping them into patties.
I usually start by preheating the air fryer to about 350 degrees F for this hash brown recipe (if your model of air fryer preheat automatically, just set it to this temperature, otherwise turn it on for 3 to 5 minutes before I start the cooking process). The next step is to mix the Lyndale Farms hash brown patties in a small bowl and adding the necessary seasoning. Please place them in the preheated air fryer for 5 minutes to cook. Check the consistency, then cook for another 5 minutes. You can add a little oil with any spice you might prefer, and then cook at 330 for another 5 minutes for an even finish. Remove the hash brown from the air fryer, and it is ready to be served. If you are cooking multiple batches of hash brown, you will not need to preheat your air fryer. You might also need to adjust the timing of the recipe.
Note: These recipes are not an exact science, so the time and temperature of cooking your hash brown will depend on various factors, such as how well done you like them, your air fryer wattage, the air fryer type, and the thickness of the burger and others. I recommend experimenting with the first batch for the best results. Also, check frequently while cooking.
- Air fryer
- A half bag hash brown potatoes
- spray oil(while this isn’t precisely compulsory, I will advise you to use it).
- salt and pepper
First and foremost, you will need to Place a vented parchment round in the basket of your air fryer. This is to prevent the hash brown from sticking to the bottom of the air frying basket. Next is to add a thin layer of frozen hash browns to the vented parchment. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper (or other desired seasoning for added sweetness), then spray the top layer with oil. Cook the hash brown for 7 minutes at 370°F | 165°C and flip it, then spritz with oil again. Cook for another 7-8 minutes or until desired color and texture are achieved. Your hash brown is ready to be served hot and enjoyed with a side of cheese and scrambled egg.
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Hash Brown
- Add some of your favorite seasonings in. This increases the flavor of the hash brown while adding your personal touch to the meal.
- It is not compulsory to spray the basket or slider with oil, but I discovered it makes for a refined finish.
- Don’t overcrowd the Air Fryer basket to ensure even cooking! Instead, I recommend putting them in a single layer with room between the rolls so the air can circulate.
- During air frying, shake the basket or turn the hash brown once or twice during cooking.
- Keep an eye on the hash brown when in the air fryer
- All Air Fryers are different, so that timings can be different. Adjust the recipe according to your air fryer. Some air fryers are built, so you do not have to flip your food; others require that you flip your food halfway so that each side gets perfectly cooked.
- Use vented parchment to make removal of the hash brown easier.
On a final note, I strongly recommend you try your air fryer on this hash brown recipe. While you can try the frozen recipe when some light snacking, I discovered it makes an excellent side dish to some luxurious-looking dinner. It is a time-saving and easy recipe that every aspiring cook should try in their air fryer. Just don’t be too afraid to experiment.