Table of Contents
- Top 5 Recipes On How To Make Rice In Air Fryer Into Other Delicious Dishes
- How To Make Rice In Air Fryer Into Other Delicious Dishes
- Coconut Brown Rice Porridge with Dates
- How To Make Rice Parmesan Ranch Risotto In Air Fryer
- Easy Shrimp and Vegetable Paella
- Stuffed Turkey with Bell Peppers
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Meats
- Bottom Line
- Related Video
- How To Make Rice In Air Fryer Into Other Delicious Dishes
Top 5 Recipes On How To Make Rice In Air Fryer Into Other Delicious Dishes
Have you ever wondered how to make cook in an air fryer? If so, you are not alone! The air fryer has grown in popularity in the last couple of years. This has been due to their versatility and benefit of frying with far less oil than the deep fryer. This post will dive into the top 5 dishes to make with rice in an air fryer.
How To Make Rice In Air Fryer Into Other Delicious Dishes
Let’s dive into a few recipes that will show you how to use the versatility of rice to your advantage.
Coconut Brown Rice Porridge with Dates
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 23 minutes | Serves 1 or 2
- cooked brown rice, ½ cup
- canned coconut milk, 1 cup
- unsweetened shredded coconut, ¼ cup
- dark brown sugar, ¼ cup packed
- Medjool dates, 4 large, pitted and roughly chopped
- kosher salt, ½ teaspoon
- Heavy cream, for serving (optional)
- ground cardamom, ¼ teaspoon
- Place all the ingredients except the heavy cream in a baking pan and stir until blended.
- Transfer the pan to the air fryer and bake at 375ºF (191ºC) for about 23 minutes until the porridge is thick and creamy. Stir the porridge halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the air fryer and ladle the porridge into bowls.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of the cream, if desired.
How To Make Rice Parmesan Ranch Risotto In Air Fryer
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 2
- olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- garlic, 1 clove, minced
- unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon
- onion, 1, diced
- Arborio rice, ¾ cup
- chicken stock, 2 cups, boiling
- Parmesan cheese, ½ cup, grated
- Grease a round baking tin with olive oil and stir in the garlic, butter, and onion.
- Transfer the tin to the air fryer and bake at 390ºF (199ºC) for 4 minutes. Add the rice and bake for 4 more minutes.
- Turn the air fryer to 320ºF (160ºC) and pour in the chicken stock. Cover and bake for 22 minutes.
- Scatter with cheese and serve.
Easy Shrimp and Vegetable Paella
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 14 to 17 minutes | Serves 4
- frozen cooked rice, thawed, 1 (10-ounce / 284-g) package
- jar artichoke hearts, 1 (6-ounce / 170-g), drained and chopped
- vegetable broth, ¼ cup
- dried thyme, ½ teaspoon
- turmeric, ½ teaspoon
- cooked small shrimp, 1 cup, frozen
- baby peas, ½ cup, frozen
- tomato, 1, diced
- Mix together the cooked rice, chopped artichoke hearts, vegetable broth, thyme, and turmeric in a baking pan and stir to combine.
- Put the baking pan in the air fryer and bake at 340ºF (171ºC) for about 9 minutes, or until the rice is heated through.
- Remove the pan from the air fryer and fold in the shrimp, baby peas, and diced tomato and mix well.
- Return to the air fryer and continue baking for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are done and the paella is bubbling.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Stuffed Turkey with Bell Peppers
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Serves 4
- lean ground turkey, ½ pound (227 g)
- bell peppers, 4, medium
- canned black beans, 1 (15-ounce / 425-g), drained and rinsed
- reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, 1 cup, shredded
- long-grain brown rice, 1 cup cooked
- mild salsa, 1 cup
- chili powder, 1¼ teaspoons
- salt, 1 teaspoon
- ground cumin, ½ teaspoon
- black pepper, ½ teaspoon, freshly ground
- Olive oil spray
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the air fryer to 360ºF (182ºC).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the turkey, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Cut about ½ inch off the tops of the peppers and then cut in half lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds and set the peppers aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the browned turkey, black beans, Cheddar cheese, rice, salsa, chili powder, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket. Cook at the corresponding preset mode or Air Fry until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Stuffed Bell Peppers with Meats
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 18 minutes | Serves 4
- ground beef, ¾ pound (340 g), lean
- lean ground pork, 4 ounces (113 g)
- onion, ¼ cup, minced
- crushed tomatoes, 1 (15-ounce / 425-g) can
- Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon
- barbecue seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- honey, 1 teaspoon
- basil, ½ teaspoon, dried
- brown rice, ½ cup, cooked
- garlic powder, ½ teaspoon
- oregano, ½ teaspoon
- salt, ½ teaspoon
- bell peppers, 2 small, cut in half, stems removed, deseeded
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 360ºF (182ºC) and spritz a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the beef, pork, and onion in the baking pan and bake in the preheated air fryer for 8 minutes. Break the ground meat into chunks halfway through the cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue seasoning, honey, and basil in a saucepan. Stir to mix well.
- Transfer the cooked meat mixture to a large bowl and add the cooked rice, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and ¼ cup of the tomato mixture. Stir to mix well.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the mixture, then arrange the pepper halves in the air fryer and cook at the corresponding preset mode or Air Fry for 10 minutes or until the peppers are lightly charred.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with the remaining tomato sauce on top.
It is completely possible to add new life to your leftover rice using the air fryer. I hope this post was able to show you how to achieve this and that you selected at least one recipe to try. Ensure that you come on back and let me know in the comments below how it worked out for you.