Table of Contents
- How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Long Grain White Rice
- How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Jasmine Rice
- How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice
Uncle Ben’s is one of the most popular and oldest parboiled rice manufacturers in America and other countries. When compared with the regular rice, Uncle Ben’s Parboiled rice are impressively delicious. That’s not all, the rice can recapture over 80% of the mineral and vitamins, making it a healthier and tastier alternative to your regular rice.
How to cook Uncle Ben’s Rice? All variations of Uncle Ben’s rice arrive printed instructions on the packet. If that’s not enough for you, keep going through the blog. Below, we will let you know how to cook different varieties of Uncle Ben’s Rice.
How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Long Grain White Rice
Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Rice is one of the most popular varieties of rice offered by the brand. It is carefully optimized for a well-balanced diet for a healthy heart. Check out how you can cook it on a regular stovetop and modern rice cookers.
Cook Uncle Ben’s Long Grain White Rice on Stove Top
As per the brand, you will get the best result by cooking the long-grain white rice on regular stovetops. Here is how to do it:
- Add two and a half cups of water for one cup of Uncle Ben’s long grain rice in a saucepan.
- Put it on the stove in high heat to boils the water. Once it starts boiling, reduces the heat to medium or medium-low.
- Now cover the pot and cook for around 20 minutes. After that, turn off the heat and let the pot sit alone for five minutes with the cover.
- The water should be absorbed within the time. You may wait for a few more minutes if requires.
That’s it, your rice is ready. Make sure to fluff with a fork before serving.
Cook Uncle Ben’s Long Grain White Rice on Rice Cooker
If you prefer cooking on the rice cooker instead of the traditional stoves, here is how you can do that:
- Add two and a half quarts of boiling water for one quart of rice in the rice cooker pot. Make sure to use the measuring cup of the rice cooker.
- For the next parts, follow the recommended guidelines from the user manual of your rice cooker. It should take around 25 to 35 minutes based on your cooker.
How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Jasmine Rice
Jasmine rice is an important part of south Asian cuisine, which also has a big fanbase around the globe. Check out how you can cook the jasmine rice on the stovetop and oven.
Cook Uncle Tom’s Jasmine Rice on a Stove Top
Follow the steps to cook jasmine rice on a stovetop:
- Add one and a half quart’s water in a large stockpot for 1 quart of the jasmine rice. You may also add 2 ounces of butter with the rice. Note that the butter is optional here.
- Now put the pot on the stove at high heat to make the water boil. Once it starts boiling, reduces the heat and covers the pot.
- Afterward, cook for 10 minutes. Now you can remove the pot from heat. Leave the pot for five minutes with the cover.
- The excess water should be absorbed by the rice. After five minutes, if there is still water, wait for a few more minutes.
- Once most of the water is absorbed, you can transfer the rice from the pan to a bowl. You may fluff them with a fork before serving.
Cook Uncle Tom’s Jasmine Rice on an oven
Follow the instructions to cook Jasmine Rice on an oven:
- Select a deep and half-size steam-table tray for the cooking. Add one and a half quarts of water for one quart of rice on the tray. You may also add 2 ounces of better which is optional.
- Mix the ingredients properly and then put them in the oven with an appropriate cover. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- The water should be absorbed by the rice after baking for the mentioned period. Literally, you will need to bake until most of the water is absorbed.
- Once it’s done, take off the tray from the oven and transfer it to a bowl to serve. You can fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
How to Cook Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice
Uncle Ben’s Converted rice requires less time to cook and it’s healthier when compared with the other varieties. You can cook it either on the stovetop or in the microwave. We will discuss both ways below.
Cook Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice on a Stove Top
Here are the steps you need to follow to cook the converted rice on a traditional stovetop:
- Add one cup of Uncle Ben’s rice and around two cups in a large or medium-sized saucepan.
- Now put the stove on high heat to make the water boil. Once you get to the boiling, reduce the heat a bit and let the rice simmer. Cover the pan and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Now without removing the cover, remove the pan from the stove. Put it idle for around five minutes.
- The rice should absorb all the excess water in the meantime. If the waters are not absorbed, let it sit for around 3 minutes and check again.
- Once the water is absorbed, Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice will be ready to serve. You may fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Cook Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice on the Microwave
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of the traditional cooking method, you may consider cooking the rice on a microwave. Here is how to do it:
- Choose a Microsoft-safe bowl and add one cup of the rice along with 2 and 1/4 cups of water.
- Now use a microwave-safe lid or plate to cover the bowl. Put the microwave on high heat and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Afterward, stir the rice and put the microwave on medium heat to cook for around 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to stir on five minutes intervals.
- You can remove the bowl once most of the water is absorbed. Put the rice idle for five minutes on room temperature covered.
- The rice will be ready to serve once the remaining water is absorbed. If not, wait a few more minutes and then serve it.
Uncle Ben’s rice can be easily and quickly preferred by following the instructions in the article. Here is a small but effective tip – if you like the rice firmer, add a little less water while cooking. If you want softer rice, add a bit more water. We hope that the articles will help you to easily prefer Uncle Ben’s rice from now.