Table of Contents
How to Air Fry Corn Dogs?
Craving for a quick snack but too lazy to make time for it? Don’t worry! We have got you corn dogs; the quickest snacks ever. Corn dogs are everyone’s favorite snacks. Everyone in the family drools over them, from kids to adults, as you open the packet of corn dogs. They are known as the healthiest foods for kids and the quickest lunch meal to prepare.
Can we Air Fry Corn Dogs?
Yes! You heard it right. Usually, frying corn dogs is a very messy process. We fry them in deep oil, which is too fussy and unhealthy at the same time. That is why we have come up with the healthiest and safest way to cook corn dogs. That is to air fry the corn dogs and give your children their favorite snacks in the most beneficial way. We will share some fantastic tips and tricks to cook perfect corn dogs and some fusion recipes, so stay intact.
How to make Homemade Corn Dogs?
Here I am going to share the unique recipe of homemade air-fried corn dogs. Please find the ingredients in your kitchen cabinets mentioned below.
- Four hotdogs vegan, turkey, or beef
- Four skewers
- Yellow cornmeal 1cup
- All-purpose flour ½ cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Baking soda ¼
- Sugar ¾ tsp.
- Salt ¼ tsp.
- Buttermilk ½ cup
- One egg
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Cooking spray
Follow these directions to make lip-smacking corn dogs.
- Inside each hot dog put wooden skewers.
- Then, coat them with all-purpose flour.
- Mix leftover flour, sugar, salt, egg, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and buttermilk in a large bowl. Transfer the batter into a large and wide-mouth glass.
- Dip the skewer into the glass and spin in the prepared batter to make an even coat.
- Rock n rolls the battered hot dogs in bread crumbs.
- Apply cooking spray to the corn dogs
Let’s Air Fry the Prepared Corn Dogs:
Now it’s time for the real twist, i.e., air frying the corn dogs. The cooking time, size of the hot dogs, size of the air fryer, model of the air fryer are the most important when it comes to air frying the corn dogs. Air frying the corn dogs involves a little bit of science and common sense. So follow the guidelines to avoid any ambiguity during the process.
- Set the air fryer to 370ºF (188ºC).
- Put the corn dogs in the tray of the air fryer evenly
- Chop out sticks from the tips if they do not fit in the rack.
- Do not stack the corn dogs as this will affect their cooking process.
- Set the time to 10 minutes.
- Flip the corn dogs in between so that each corn dog gets cooked well.
- Serve with your favorite dip or sauce once done.
Korean Corn Dogs in the Air Fryer
Time for another delicious recipe to share with you; we are giving another twist to regular corn dogs. This time it’s a Korean look. So let’s begin.
- Hot dogs four cuts each into two halves
- Mozilla 300g
- Eight wooden skewers
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ cup
- Sugar 3 Tbs
- Salt ½ tsp.
- Baking powder 3 Tbs
- Eggs 2
- Milk 1 cup
- Panko breadcrumbs 2 cups
- Cooking spray
Making of the Korean version of Corn Dogs
- Cut hot dogs into two halves and mozzarella sticks of equal sizes
- Place the hot dogs first on wooden chopsticks, then the mozzarella cheese sticks
- Beat 2 eggs, add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk all together in a bowl. Repeat the same process, i.e., Pour the batter from a large bowl into a large glass.
- Completely submerge hot dogs into the glass. Put the panko breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the dipped corn dogs to coat all their surfaces evenly.
- Spray oil all over the corn dogs
- Set the air fryer to 370°F (188°C) for 10 minutes, turning them over halfway in between. When they are golden in color and crunchy in texture, they are ready to devour.
- Serve with mustard or ketchup.
How to Air Fry Frozen Hot Dogs
- If you want to air fry frozen corn dogs, then here are some directions for you before you make them.
- Pick your frozen pack of corn dogs.
- If the corn dogs are of regular size, set the air fryer at 188 degrees for 8 minutes, and do not forget to flip the sides in between
- If you are going to air fry mini corn dogs, reduce the time to 6 minutes and repeat the process.
- Do not thaw the corn dogs; just put them in the air fryer right away and enjoy the crunchy corn dogs.
Tips and Guidelines for Corn Dogs
Corn Dogs may look straightforward to cook, but they involve some science in their process of cooking. So read the below points carefully to have perfectly cooked corn dogs.
- Preheating does not recommend personally for corn dogs, but it also depends on your air fryer’s model, so please refer to your manual and act accordingly.
- Stacking does not ever stack food in the air fryer. The same goes for corn dogs. Stacking won’t allow the air fryer to cook the food properly, so cook them in batches.
- Layers always place the corn dogs in a single even layer so that each corn dog gets even color and crunch.
- Regular size corn dogs take more time.
- Mini dogs can be cooked at the same temperature as regular-sized dogs, but you need to reduce the time.
- Oil wash the air fryer tray doesn’t need an oil wash, so it’s a big no for oil.
- Thawing frozen corn dogs doesn’t need to thaw before air frying.
- Timing cooking perfect corn dogs is all about timing so keep a hard check on that. If timing got disturbed, you might get your corn dogs either overcooked or undercooked.
- Skewers, although an air fryer doesn’t cause the burning of the sticks. If you are afraid that it might, you can remove the extra length of chopsticks.
As promised, we have shared a lot of info about corn dogs, so do try them at home and share your experience with us.