How Long To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer
Table of Contents
How Long To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer With The Top 3 Dishes To Enjoy It With
I have a surprise for you, you’ll never guess what it is. Have you given up as yet? I’ll tell you; we have another air fryer post for you. If you haven’t built a healthy relationship with your air fryer, we’ll post more about things air fryer until you have one. The air fryer can be used for so many things, but there is one thing that I love using the air fryer for and that is to cook frozen food with it. Today we will be learning about how long to cook frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer. Not only will you be trying breaded shrimp recipes but you will also get to try 3 top sides recipes that go well with breaded shrimp.
How Long To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer
This time around we are not wasting time, let’s get straight to it. At this point in the game, you know that some sea proteins are very delicate when cooking and it will be the same for the breaded shrimp. An air fryer will cook breaded shrimp very quickly so be careful. Cooking breaded shrimp will take about 8 – 10 minutes if it is frozen. The cooking time can also be depended on the air fryer brand as well. On the other hand, if you are interested in making a breaded shrimp from scratch. You would need to have a thawed-out shrimp and whatever breading of your choosing. Using this method, cooking a nonfrozen shrimp will take about 4-6 minutes.
How To Air Fry Breaded Shrimp
Here is a recipe that will show you how to cook breaded shrimp.
How To Cook Breaded Shrimp In Air Fryer
Here is a wonderful dish that you can eat at any time.
Time: 8 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- Shrimp (625g, breaded, uncooked)
- Use the oil spray and use it on the basket of the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the shrimp in the basket when you’re placing it in. The basket needs room to shake without the shrimp falling out. If there is no room available in the basket but you have more shrimp to cook. Then you will have to cook in batches.
- Lightly spray the shrimp with the cooking oil, ensure that the oil-coated all the shrimp in the basket.
- Set your temperature to 400 degrees F on the air fryer. Let the shrimp cook for 8 minutes. During the halfway mark of the cooking time, shake the air fryer basket.
- Enjoy hot.
Top 3 dishes to enjoy with your breaded shrimp.
Here are 3 side dishes that you can try out for yourself
Chicken & Zoodles with Soy-Chili Sauce
This is an easy, spicy, healthy one-pan dinner. Ready in thirty minutes.
Time: 25-30 mins.
- chicken breasts (6 oz., skinless, cut into ½-inch pieces
- zucchini (2 medium, about 8 oz each, ends trimmed)
- grape seed (1 teaspoon, canola oil can be substituted)
- bell pepper (1/2 red, cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- black pepper (freshly ground) and Kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions along diagonal
For the sauce:
- 1½ tablespoons reduced soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoon Sambal Oelek Red Chili Paste (or you can use Sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Use a mandolin that is fitted with a julienne blade or a spiralizer with the thickest noodle blade to cut the zucchini into long thin, strips.
- If a spiralizer is being used, use kitchen scissors to cut the strands into 6 to 8 inches long pieces making them easier to eat.
- Combine and whisk soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, red chili paste (sriracha), hoisin starch, and water together in a small bowl then put aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with pepper and salt to taste. In a large, deep nonstick pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken in a pan and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add sesame oil, ginger, and garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Now, add bell pepper, mix in the soy sauce mixture and let boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer, about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbling.
- Now add the spiralized zucchini and allow to cook. Toss the noodles frequently in the sauce, until zucchini starts to soften, roughly 2 minutes.
- Don’t worry if it seems dry, the moisture which the zucchini releases will help create a sauce. When cooked, stir in chicken and share in two bowls (about 2 cups each).
- Top with breaded shrimp.
Air Fryer Roasted Asparagus
- Asparagus spears (1/2 bunch, trimmed)
- Olive oil (1 ½ tbsp.)
- Parmesan cheese (2 ¼ tsp., grated, optional)
- Garlic (1 small clove, minced optional)
- Sea salt (½ tsp.)
- Ground black pepper (¼ tsp.)
- Lemon juice (1 ½ tsp., optional)
- Heat air fryer to 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Place asparagus into a medium-size mixing bowl, and base with olive oil.
- Coat the spears by tossing them in the bowl. Top with parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, and garlic.
- Lay the asparagus in one layer on a baking tray. Bake in the preheated fryer for roughly 8 minutes or until tender depending on the thickness of the spears.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice and top with breaded shrimp.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10mins Cook Time: 6mins
Time Needed: 6 minutes
- Lime Juice (1 tbsp.)
- Olive Oil (3 tbsp.)
- Salt (1/4 tsp.)
- Garlic (2 cloves, crushed)
- Kale (2 bunches, roughly chopped)
- Create a light dressing by whisking your lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add your Kale across 4 plates, pour your dressing over it and toss. Top with breaded shrimp.
This was a more of practice than a theory. We learned that frozen breaded shrimp will cook for about 10 minutes or less. I do hope that you’re enjoying your culinary journey.