How to Protect a Refrigerator Outside
Table of Contents
Best Refrigerators for Patio
Can I safely use a fridge on my patio or outdoors? This is probably one of the most frequently asked questions by people looking to buy a fridge for their garage, gazebo, or their patio bar. The simple answer is yes, it is possible to keep a fridge outside. However, you need to ensure you invest in the right fridge for it to work at its best and that it is well protected.
The reason you need an outside fridge is that kitchen fridges cannot function at their best when placed outside the house. The temperature conditions in the house are different from temperature ranges in the outdoors.
Therefore, the right fridge should have the capacity to adjust to change in weather, often associated with a change in temperature. Here are the top three best fridges for outdoor spaces.
|Top||FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator with 18 cu. ft. Total Capacity, in Stainless Steel||Learn more|
|Top Top||hOmeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler - 120 Can Mini Fridge with Glass Door for Soda Beer or Wine - Small Drink Dispenser Machine for Office or Bar with Adjustable Removable Shelves||Learn more|
FRIGIDAIRE FFTR1821TS 30 Inch Freestanding Top Freezer Refrigerator
This is a free-standing refrigerator by Frigidaire comes with an above-average capacity of 18 cu. ft. that makes it possible to install it from the packaging to the garage with minimal stress and no requirement for adaptations. This is a highly recommended refrigerator for your garage made with a built that can fit in small spaces thanks to its 66inches in height, 30W x 32 D, and 205 pounds.
That is not all. This refrigerator features four adjustable pullout shelves split to create enough space for different container sizes, drinks and foods. There are also crisper bins at the bottom of the refrigerator and a meat/deli bean on the upper part that can keep your cold foods at 32degrees.
The lower side of this fridge can be reversed, and it comes with an interior space that has storage made up of 4-tray columns that have the depth to accommodate 2-litre bottles. You will also find a self-contained butter/margarine container that comes with a cover located above the storage space. You can also use the two long storage spaces on the freezer door to freeze your juices or other narrow frozen foods.
The best part is that this is an energy-efficient refrigerator with an annual consumption of $43, which is the average local utility range in local areas. There is nothing not to love about this refrigerator.
- Total (cu. Ft.): 18 / Fridge: 14.1 / Freezer: 3.9
- 2 Full-width Sliding Glass Shelves
- 2 Humidity Controlled Crisper Drawers
- Dimensions (WHD): 30 X 66.1 X 29.9 in.
hOmeLabs Beverage Refrigerator and Cooler
This 3.2 cubic feet modern electric beverage cooler is a freestanding beverage refrigerator that features an elegant see-through design in a left hinge glass front door with a stainless steel frame for you to view your wine, beer, or soda at a glance. Its white LED interior light illuminates for an easy nighttime selection of your favorite chilled drink.
It has a large capacity beer & wine chiller, making it the perfect under counter beverage cooler with a large internal storage design, equipped with three adjustable and removable chrome shelves. The drinks organizer can conveniently hold up to 120 standard-sized soda or beer cans or several bottles of wine.
This is a single zone beverage mini refrigerator with easy touch temperature control that cools down to 34°F and a large digital display for quick monitoring and setting of any temperature. Its memory function automatically restores the preset temperature of the cooler in case it becomes unplugged or in the event of a power outage.
This mini-fridge for your basement comes with 120V 240W heavy-duty vertical chiller that features energy-efficient advanced technology. It also has a whisper-quiet compressor that works with a small convection fan to cool quickly and keep consistent air circulation for a consistent temperature supply inside. This is the best fridge for motorhomes, basement, office, dorm, apartment, restaurant, or a home kitchen.
The auto defrosting function is the icing on the cake. This beverage cooler is also designed with an additional temperature sensor for auto defrost mode. The external side measure 18.9” on the front across, 33.3” top to bottom, and 17.30”front to back. This is the perfect basement refrigerator when you need to store drinks in your basement.
- MODERN ELECTRIC BEVERAGE COOLER - This 3.2 cubic feet, free standing beverage refrigerator features an elegant see through, left hinge glass front door with a stainless steel frame for you to view your wine, beer or soda at a glance. Its white LED interior light illuminates for easy, nighttime selection of your favorite chilled drink
- LARGE CAPACITY BEER & WINE CHILLER - Under counter beverage cooler with large, internal storage design is equipped with 3 adjustable and removable chrome shelves. Drinks organizer conveniently holds up to 120 standard sized soda or beer cans, or several bottles of wine
- ADVANCED TEMPERATURE CONTROLS - Single zone beverage mini refrigerator has an easy touch temperature control that cools down to 34°F, and large digital display for quick monitoring and setting of any temperature. Its memory function automatically restores the preset temperature of the cooler in case it becomes unplugged, or in the event of a power outage
- POWERFUL COOLING SYSTEM - Our 120V 240W heavy duty, vertical chiller features energy efficient advanced technology, and a whisper quiet compressor that works with a small convection fan to cool quickly, and keep consistent air circulation for a uniform temperature supply inside. Perfect for an office, dorm, apartment, RV, restaurant, home kitchen and more
- AUTO DEFROSTING FUNCTION - Beverage cooler is also designed with an additional temperature sensor for auto defrost mode. External size: 18.9” W (front across) x 33.3” H (top to bottom) x 17.30” D (front to back). Internal size: 16” W x 29” H x 12” D. NOTE: Images show EXTERNAL Dimensions rounded UP to nearest decimal. Warning: Do not use this cooler to store fresh foods, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, etc. This product can only be used to chill beverages.
Frigidaire FFRU17B2QW 34″ freezerless Refrigerator
As its name gives away, the Frigidaire FFRU17B2QW is a garage refrigerator without a freezer. While this may be a drawback for most people, this unit comes with added benefits that are not found with the standard freezer refrigerator, making it a worthy mention in this category.
The absence of a freezer means that this refrigerator comes with extra space for refrigerated foods and other items you do not want to be frozen. It includes five shelves, of which four are adjustable, as well as five full-width door racks for jars, bottles, and other small containers. This is the perfect garage refrigerator for households that need extra refrigerating space for leftover foods.
With the absence of a freezer, this Frigidaire comes with a freeze control feature that makes the fridge garage friendly. With this feature, it is possible to maintain the perfect temperature even in seasons when it is as high as 110°F (43°C) or as low as 10°F (-12°C).
How to protect a refrigerator outside
Even after investing in the best refrigerator for the outdoors, there are still measures you can take to ensure it is always at its best functionality.
By enhancing the insulation in the refrigerator, you reduce the workload on the cooling system when trying to keep the interior at optimal cooling temperature. For added insulation, you can build a well-ventilated but insulated space for the fridge in your outdoor space.
Avoid direct sunlight
If your porch is covered or the patio is screened, you only need to ensure the fridge spot is not directly under the sunny spot. It needs to be in a cool area as placing it under direct sunlight overloads the compressor as it tries to balance the temperatures.
Protection from weather elements
When outside, the fridge is susceptible to changing weather, from the day’s heat to cold or rainy nights. You need to ensure your fridge is not directly exposed to rain or snow. This can cause rusting, which will damage the internal components. If you have a [problem with water drainage, ensure your outdoor refrigerator is placed on a raised surface to keep it off the wet ground.
Outdoor refrigerators come protected from the elements, making it possible for them to adjust to changing temperatures. They are created with wider ambient temperature ranges, ensuring they can still perform at their best even in extreme conditions. Choose any of the three options in this article for longevity and convenience.