How Long To Cook Brats On Charcoal Grill
Table of Contents
Cooking Brats On Charcoal Grill
How Long To Cook Brats On Charcoal Grill? There are many ways to make a summer afternoon more joyful. And grilling is one among them. However, it is a mystery to many people, a mystery that many people attempt to subvert, but only a few succeed in achieving the desired results.
On the other hand, Grilling brats can be deceptively tricky. We are saying this because there is much more to grilling perfect brats than simply firing up the grill and placing them overheating.
An ideal grilled brat combines heat, charcoal placement, and brat temperature. Don’t worry. The scene isn’t complicated to master. So let us start with the article to tell you how to cook brats on the charcoal grill like a pro. Let’s start:
All You Need To Know About Grilling Brats
How To Cook Brats On Charcoal Grill
Follow the below-listed step-by-step guide to get the job done most simply.
- Soak Brats: Make sure to soak your brats in lukewarm water for at least half an hour before starting with the parboiling process.
- Parboil: Start by parboiling the brats on the stove or in a cast-iron skillet. This step helps to precook the inside of the brats and make sure that they don’t burst open on the grill.
- Marinate The Brats: Marinate the brats At least 11 hours before grilling. Add the bratwurst sausages, sliced onion, and beer to a large airtight container or resealable bag. Now put in the brats and shake to combine. Please leave it in the refrigerator for at least 11 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Light Your Charcoal Grill: Once charcoals are lit up and ready to cook, pour them onto one side of the grill. Do not spread the charcoal across the floor of the grill. Instead, lay the them evenly across one-half of the grill and have the other side charcoal accessible. This cooking is called zone cooking.
- Cook: Cook your marinated brats directly on the grill over medium heat for about 16-24 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°degree. Look carefully and frequently turn with tongs to prevent overcooking. Avoid pricking by a fork.
The Correct Way To Know When Brats Are Grilled
Determining brats cooking progress is not rocket science at all. You will notice they are done when there is no pinker shade left in the brat meat or when the thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
Once the brats are taking on color, turn them a quarter. Keep turning till every side of the brat has a rich brown color. When the exterior gets done before the brats finish cooking, move them to the next side of the grill away from the burning coals so that they can cool down a bit.
Perfect Time Duration To Cook The Brats On Charcoal Grill
It depends on how hot coals are and how many are being used. However, grilling brats for 15-20 minutes is best. The brats are done when the thermometer shows 160 degrees.
Duration Of Grilling Brauts On Charcoal Grill
You will be cooking brauts on indirect heat; it will protect the outer layers from burning but will take time. So refrain from opening the lid too much as it will lose the heat. So the more you’ll open it, the more it will take to cook properly.
However, the cooking time is recommended to be 18 to 20 minutes with the lid closed. You can place the brauts on direct heat afterward for 2 minutes while rotating all sides after 30 seconds intervals to give it a dark brown color.
Steps To Cook Brauts On Charcoal Grill
- Preheat the grill and let the indirect heat warm up for several minutes
- Moisture the grills using oil to restrain the brauts from sticking
- Place boiled brauts onto the grill and close the lid
- Cook on indirect heat for 18-20 minutes
- Afterward, move the brauts on direct heat and cook for 2 minutes by rotating them every 30 seconds
- Take them off the grill and serve. Enjoy the perfectly grilled brats.
How To Serve Brats To Cook Brats On Charcoal Grill
One should serve the brats on a bun slightly big, than a traditional hot dog bun. Many purists Will claim a brat should be topped with mustard, but even in Wisconsin, very few people adhere to that. Top that with beer-soaked onions and homemade sauerkraut, and have yourself the perfect brat!
Simple Tips To Simplify Your Cooking Process To Cook Brats On Charcoal Grill
- To prevent sticking, oil grates with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil
- Place brats on grates over charcoal and grill on every side till browned. When the casing bursts or burns, move brats away from the coals to a low cooking temperature
- Keep brats warm in a Brat Bath till ready to serve.
- Make sure to Serve with onions, sauerkraut, brat sauce, and bun along with your grilled brat to enhance the taste.
In a nutshell, brats are delicious food found on earth. These are not only tasty but healthy to eat as well. And the case gets even more interesting if you cook them upon a charcoal grill.
A charcoal grill enhances the overall taste of your meal by adding a unique Smokey flavor to it. Hence, we have listed an ultimate and complete process: How to cook brats on a charcoal grill to assure the maximum taste. Therefore, make sure to read and follow the guide carefully.