Table of Contents
- How To Make Toast In Air Fryer Oven For Creative Recipes
- Is It Possible To Toast Bread In An Air Fryer Oven?
- How To Make Toast In Air Fryer Oven
- Do Air Fryers Work With Aluminum Foil?
- Recipes For Your Air Fryer Toast
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
How To Make Toast In Air Fryer Oven For Creative Recipes
Let’s learn how to make toast in air fryer oven to be used in creative recipes. Over the past few years, the Air Fryer has become more and more popular. Air fryers are found in at least 8 out of 10 households around the world. Despite all this popularity, the air fryer has a lot of features that are often overlooked or unknown. It is my intention in this post to rectify that by exploring one of the main questions that many have yet for whatever reason fail to address. That’s how to make toast in your air fryer.
Is It Possible To Toast Bread In An Air Fryer Oven?
That’s an easy question to answer: OF COURSE! Almost all dry cooking methods, including toasting your bread, can be done with an air fryer. The best part is that it is extremely easy to do. You can air fry your bread at 400°F by simply transferring it to the fryer basket. It doesn’t take long to toast the actual bread. Depending on how thick your bread slices are, you will need to toast them for a different amount of time. Thick slices will take about 4 minutes, while thin slices will take about 3 minutes.
How To Make Toast In Air Fryer Oven
Again, making toast in the air fryer oven is super simple. To do so:
- Decide how many toast slices you’d like to make in your air fryer. Slices can be placed into either the air fryer basket or the air fryer tray. (If you are using a tray, place it on the middle rack).
- Toast your bread at 350F/176C for 3-4 minutes. Depending on your preference on crunch, you may need to add another 2 minutes to the cooking time.
- Once the toast has been cooking for 2 minutes, flip it over and continue cooking based on your preference.
Do Air Fryers Work With Aluminum Foil?
I was also curious to determine the answer to this popular question. Is aluminum foil safe to use in an air fryer? And if so, how do I use it? My findings are below!
Aluminum foil can be used in an air fryer the same way as parchment paper. If you want to ensure proper airflow, you’ll need to leave space between items. Please do not cover all of the fryer basket’s holes. If proper air flow isn’t present, you won’t get your bread crunchy.
How To Properly Use Aluminum Foil In Air Fryer?
Here are a few tips on how to use aluminum foil in an air fryer: Follow these steps:
- While cooking, keep your aluminum foil inside the basket. Ensure that this is the case by placing foil in bottom of basket beneath the food.
- Aluminum foil should not be placed beneath your cooking pan. The purpose of this area is to collect food particles and grease while cooking. As a result, many people believe that aluminum foil should be stored here. If this section is blocked, however, it could cause complications with your fryer. You may not be able to properly cook your food because of these complications.
- Aluminum foil should be trimmed so that it does not protrude from the sides of the fryer basket. It is important that the foil fits the shape of the basket.
- Always start your fryer with your food weighed on your foil before you start it. Aluminum foil can catch in the heating unit if you don’t do this, which may result in a fire.
When You Make Toast In Air Fryer, Can Pam Be Used?
It is not necessary to use a spray oil in this recipe, but some require it. Most air fryer experts and owner’s manuals will agree. It is not a good idea to use PAM in your air fryer. You can end up having a build up of grease in your air fryer tray or basket when using PAM (and sometimes other oils). It is not uncommon for baskets and trays to peel due to this buildup.
Recipes For Your Air Fryer Toast
French Toast Sticks
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 egg
- 4 slices Texas toast (or any thick bread, such as challah)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Stevia, 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Milk, ¼ cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking oil
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 pieces (for 12 sticks total).
- Place the butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 15 seconds, or until the butter has melted.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. Add the egg, stevia, cinnamon, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Sprinkle the Air Fryer basket with cooking oil.
- Dredge each of the bread sticks in the egg mixture.
- Place the French toast sticks in the Air Fryer. It is okay to stack them. Spray the French toast sticks with cooking oil. Cook for 8 minutes at 330°F
- Open the Air Fryer and flip each of the French toast sticks. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until the French toast sticks are crisp.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition: Calories 52, Fat 2g, Carbs 7g, Protein 2g
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 3 Minutes
- 2 medium-size eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- In a small-size bowl, combine the eggs with the milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Beat to break up the eggs and incorporate them.
- Dip each side of bread in the egg mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Add the dipped bread slices into the pan and Air Fryer for a few minutes at 320°F. Flip the bread over and air fry for an additional 3 minutes.
Nutrition: Calories 231, Fat 6.3g, Carbs 13.6g, Protein 4.6g
Almost all dry cooking methods, including toasting your bread, can be done with an air fryer. The best part is that it is extremely easy to do. You can air fry your bread at 400°F by simply transferring it to the fryer basket. It doesn’t take long to toast the actual bread. Depending on how thick your bread slices are, you will need to toast them for a different amount of time. Thick slices will take about 4 minutes, while thin slices will take about 3 minutes.