Table of Contents
How Long to Cook Tilapia in Air Fryer?
Cooking has never been this easy before the invention of kitchen gadgets and electronics. These advancements in the field of culinary art have not only saved time but it has also increased the efficiency of an ordinary person who is not so cool with cooking.
So as we are, talking about the art of cooking, making a juicy, tender fish fillet is itself an art project. We use the right amount of spices and seasoning, calculated cooking time without getting the fish overcooked or undercooked. When it comes to cooking Tilapia, this part becomes vital to master. But first, let’s know a little about queen Tilapia.
An Insight note on Aqua-Chicken AKA Tilapia
Tilapia is a herbivorous fish. It is known to be the oldest farm-raised fish breed in the world. Tilapia is amongst the four most consumed fish breeds in the world because of its mild taste, white flesh, and availability throughout the year. Being available at economical prices is another plus point and adds to the popularity of Tilapia. Because of these factors, and because it can be raised in households on a smaller scale, it is also known as aqua-chicken with minimum investment. It breeds in freshwater streams, ponds, and fish farms with favorable conditions. However, the type of feed and water conditions impart a significant effect on the quality and taste of the breed. So make sure you always buy fish that comes from fresh-water ponds or farms, raising this breed without any harmonic feed and poor pond condition.
How to Air Fry Tilapia?
As I mentioned earlier, cooking fish with accuracy is a technique. To cook a fish properly, the size of the fillet matters a lot. If the fillets are too thick, spices wouldn’t be absorbed by the fillet, and the deep inner side will remain plain or tasteless. On the other hand, if the size and the fillets are thin, they would collapse. To help you cook a good, lip-smacking fish, this article is going to help you a lot. So let’s get started.
Simple Seasoned Tilapia
This is the easiest way to cook Tilapia in hardly less than 15 minutes. All you need is
What you would do is to pat out the fillet with a towel first. Then sprinkle your favorite seasoning. You can use Cajun if you prefer the fillet to be spicy, or it can be Italian seasoning with a bit of pepper and then spray the oil. Finally, the fish is ready to cook.
Air Fryer Instructions
Now comes the part where we air fry the prepared fillet. Remember, these instructions will go with every recipe I am going to share with you. The average time to cook Tilapia in an air fryer is 8-12 minutes, which again depends upon the size and thickness of the fillet. The type of air fryer also counts in this scenario. Different air fryers from other companies have their timing to cook the food, so make sure you read the manual for temperatures.
- First, spray the air fry dish to avoid the stickiness of the fillet to the tray.
- Preheat the air fryer on 390 for 4-5 minutes
- Preheating is precautionary to avoid the fillet getting stuck to the tray during the cooking process.
- Now put the fillets in the tray, and air fry them for about 9-10 minutes.
- Do flip the sides when half-time passes.
- You can take the lid off worry less; it’s not going to disturb the cooking process.
- Do prick the fillet to make sure that it is done before letting them out of the fryer.
- Once you’re sure it’s done, let them out of the fryer because if it remains there, fillets are going to be overcooked, and you won’t like that.
- Squeeze a lemon over them, and Fillets are ready to devour.
It doesn’t end yet. I have another fantastic recipe in my bag for you people. So let’s jump to the following recipe. This one is my favorite.
Crispy Chili-Garlic Tilapia with Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients for seasoning
- Garlic cloves, crushed
- Garlic powder
- Green chilies, crushed
- Red chili flakes
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese
- Ingredients for mashed potatoes
- Boiled and mashed potatoes
- Heavy cream
- Milk butter salt
- Take the fillets cut into moderate size and thickness. Mix all the spices of the seasoning mentioned above. Apply on each side of the fillets; this should be a bit spicy because Tilapia has a mild taste, and you need to kick up the flavor, which is the egg mixture. Dip the fillet in it and then coat it with breadcrumbs and Parmesan seasoning. Spray some oil and set it to air fry in a preheated air fryer for at least 12 minutes.
- On the other hand, prepare mashed potatoes. Peel out potatoes, boil them in salt water until they get soft but firm. Add Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk, and a masher to give potatoes a good pressure. Mash them well and then whisk them until they form a smooth mixture.
- Take the fillets out from the air fryer and enjoy the crispy, spicy and tacky air-fried fillet with the mashed potatoes, and trust me, there is no better combination in the world than this.
Frozen fish or fresh?
Frozen fish fillet saves you a lot of time buying the fish and then cooking it. Just remember to defrost the fillets before giving them a seasoning wash, give it more time to marinate, and then let the air fryer do the rest of the job. It is ideal to use fresh fish for better taste and aroma. There is no comparison to the feel of freshly cooked fish VS frozen fish.
Cooking Tilapia In Air Fryer
How Long To Cook Tilapia In Air Fryer? Tilapia in the air fryer is the fish meal you did not even know you were missing!
Without breading, this healthy tilapia recipe may be ready to eat in just 15 minutes and requires only a few ingredients. All you need is fresh tilapia, garlic, herbs, oil, and salt & pepper to make a tasty fish enjoyed by the whole family!
This meal for tilapia is low carb, gluten-free, Whole30, and paleo-friendly. Although this is a fish recipe without breading, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on any taste. Because tilapia is my favorite fish, I also have a lemon pepper tilapia meal on a sheet pan and broiled tilapia on the menu. All of which are Whole30 and Paleo compliant and naturally gluten-free!
Is It Possible To Cook Fish In An Air Fryer
Yes! When you cook fish in the air fryer, it comes out soft and moist. This method is easier than the oven and faster than pan-frying fish because it is well-seasoned and then stir in sauce. Because of the speed of the air fryer, it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!
With Tilapia What Do You Serve
Tilapia is a delicate white fish that can easily overpower. I’d serve it with roasted vegetables, such as roasted brussels sprouts or whatever is in season. Simple rice pilaf or a light side salad are also excellent choices. When you serve tilapia with a simple side dish, it truly shines.
How To Reheat Tilapia That Has Been Left Over
Reheated fish will not taste as wonderful as freshly cooked fish, so only cook as much as you’ll eat in one sitting. If you have any leftover tilapia, you may reheat it gently in melted butter on the stove until just warmed through. You can serve it cold on a salad or in a sandwich.
Ingredients Require To Cook Tilapia In Fryer
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
Steps To Cook Tilapia In Air Fryer
In An Air Fryer, How Do You Cook Tilapia
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 ℉. After that, season both sides of the tilapia with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- To ensure that the fish is delicious, season it equally. Spray the air fryer basket lightly with spray oil once it has been preheated.
- After that, lightly spray both sides of the fillet with cooking spray and drop the tilapia in the air fryer.
- Cook for four on one side before flipping and cooking for another four minutes on the other side, or until the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and is flakey.
- Mix melted butter, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and a touch of salt while the fish is cooking. Remove the fish using a spatula once it has finished cooking.
When It Comes To Tilapia, How Do You Know When It’s Done
A meat thermometer is the most efficient way to check if tilapia is done. When the fish reaches a temperature of about 145 degrees Fahrenheit on the inside, it’s done. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cook until the thickest part of the fish can easily flake with a fork. The fish should be completely transparent.
In An Air Fryer Do, You Need To Flip The Fish Over
In an air fryer, it’s usually a good idea to turn or shake the basket to ensure even browning, but it’s not necessary for this tilapia recipe. I tried both ways and found them to be equally tasty. It’s nearly difficult to turn over a larger piece of tilapia without breaking it unless you chop the fillets into smaller pieces. Even if you skip that process, you’ll still achieve beautiful browning.
This recipe yields tasty fish that is flaky and golden brown.
Working in batches, place fish in air fryer basket and cook for 10 to 12 minutes at 400°, carefully flipping halfway through, or until brown and flaky with a fork. Place the tilapia fillets in the pan that has been prepared. Old Bay seasoning should sprinkle on the fillets. Add a slice of butter and a lemon slice to each fillet—Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the temperature inside of the fish reaches 145 degrees.
Tilapia is a beneficial fish not only when alive but also after being prey to a fish lover. Being low to moderate fat-containing fish is the best choice for keto-diet lovers and patients with heart problems. It is also helpful in cleaning water as it feeds on algae present in the water. I hope this would be informative and a treat to the eyes of all the readers.