Table of Contents
How Long To Grill 6 Oz Filet Mignon
How Long To Grill 6 Oz Filet Mignon? Summer is here, which means it’s time to break out the grill! If you’ve been grilling for a while, you know how to cook steak. You know how to season it, cook it, and the best way to serve it up. But have you ever grilled a filet mignon? This type of steak is slightly different from the others because of how delicate it is. Here are six ways that will have you grilling with confidence this summer.
The Perfect Filet Mignon
If you’ve never grilled a filet mignon before, it’s time to break out those tongs and give it a shot. This type of steak is different from other types because of how delicate it is, so be careful! There are many ways to cook this type of steak, and we’re going to share six different techniques with you.
1) Preheat Your Grill: Start by preheating your grill on high for 15-20 minutes. This will ensure that the outside of the meat has a chance to sear and lock in all those delicious juices.
2) Oil & Sear: Once your grill is hot enough, sprinkle oil over the grates and place your steaks directly onto the grate. Let them sear for one minute per side before flipping them over and repeating the process on the other side.
3) Indirect Heat: Turn down your grill to medium-high heat (or 325°F) and place your steaks on an unlit part of the grill, so they have indirect heat to cook without being charred too quickly. Close the lid if you have a gas grill, or cover them with foil if you have a charcoal grill. Let them cook for about 10 minutes before checking their temperature.
4) Direct Heat: If you want a more well-done piece of meat, turn up your heat to high (or 350°F). Cook each side for about 3 minutes before checking their temperature again.
Know What To Grill A Filet Mignon
Filet mignon is a type of beef steak that is very tender. It’s also one of the most expensive types of steak. Filet mignon should be grilled at a low temperature, so it doesn’t fade up and dry out, nor does it need much seasoning because it’s so flavorful.
The first thing to grill a filet mignon is to ensure you have all the necessary tools for cooking this delicate meat. You’ll want tongs, metal skewers, paper towels, and butcher twine. To prevent the meat from shrinking while grilling:
- Skewer it with metal skewers before grilling.
- After you’ve seared the outside of the meat, use paper towels to pat off any excess grease before serving.
- If you’re feeling fancy, wrap each piece in butcher twine before serving for an elegant presentation!
How To Grill A Filet Mignon On An Open Flame
The first step for this type of steak is to make sure you have a hot grill. The filet mignon needs to be cooked quickly on a high heat grill to give it a beautiful crust and a moist interior. You don’t want the meat cooking slowly, so it should only take about four minutes per side to cook. To get that perfect crust, place the filet mignon fat-side down on the grill so it will sear nicely. This will also keep any juices from spilling out of the meat.
How To Grill A Filet Mignon On A Gas Grill
If you want to grill a filet mignon, the first thing you need to do is season it. You will need to season your steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Then, you’re going to cook it on a high grill for about 4-6 minutes per side (depending on how well-done you like your steak). When grilling a filet mignon, make sure not to press down on the meat because this will cause it to dry out. Also, make sure you turn the filet mignon over halfway through cooking so that each side gets grilled evenly. Once your steak is cooked and has reached your desired level of doneness, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How To Grill A Filet Mignon In The Oven
If you’re grilling outside and don’t want to risk ruining the perfect, expensive cut of meat, you can use your oven to grill a filet mignon. You’ll need a grill pan or oven-safe skillet for this method. Place the steak on the hot pan and cook for five minutes on each side. Then place it in an oven set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes, or until it reaches the desired doneness (usually medium-rare).
How To Grill A Filet Mignon On The BBQ
* Place your filet mignon on a hot grill for about three minutes per side.
* Grill it to the medium-rare temperature that you prefer. This will be about 130 degrees Fahrenheit, or 55 degrees Celsius.
* Dress it with salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
You can also grill the filet mignon in an oven if you want to cook it more slowly, which is ideal if you’re grilling other meats simultaneously. Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Then place your steak on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes per side or until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
Another way to grill your filet mignon is to wrap it in bacon. Season the steak with salt and pepper before wrapping it tightly in bacon slices. Grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on how well you like your meat. The final option is called “black and blue.” You cook this type of steak by searing it over high heat, cooking the edges until they are black, then finishing them off by cooking them over low heat. They come out rare because of how little time they spend over high heat.
Grilled filet mignon is easy to grill, but not all methods are equal.
The most common mistake people make is cooking the steak for too long, which not only dries out the meat but can also make it tough.
Here are six different ways to grill a filet mignon, so you can choose the method that best suits your needs.