Table of Contents
Story of Air Frying Chicken in NuWave Bavo XL Successfully
My purchase of the NuWave air fryer changed my outlook and I started feeling more confident at home as well as in my office. I shared my wonderful experience with some of my colleagues and my success story resonated in the rest of the office that how quickly a newcomer, who never boiled an egg back home, has become an established cook just by adding an air fryer in his small kitchenette. In the next couple of weeks, single men started seeking my advice on kitchen-related matters and I tried my best to provide the right answer to the best of my perception and with all sincerity.
Purchase of NuWave Bravo XL
One day, one of my colleagues, Advik who hails from Sri Lanka asked me about my experience with air fryers and I told him that it is a gamechanger, made my life much easier while saving time and effort, and providing a healthy meal. Within the conversation over a cup of coffee, he seems to be convinced to go for an air fryer for his kitchen. But there was a mark difference between mine and his position. I am a single person whereas Advik is married and has 2 school-going kids as well. His wife is also working so she is, for most of the weekdays, is late in cooking their traditional meal. He told me that his kids sometimes sleep without food and refuse to get up once a meal is finally prepared by his wife. I understood their dilemma and advised them to adopt the local culture of buying half-cooked frozen food items from the mall so that they could prepare food in a short time. I further suggested him to cook some dishes over the weekend, split them into smaller size boxes and put those in their freezer. This can ensure their kids are well fed and they are not going to be in trouble, due to the late sitting of his wife in her office. I told him that, keeping his family in mind, he must select a bigger size of the air fryer.
A couple of days later, Advik shared that they have purchased a big size air fryer, NuWave Bravo XL in 3 easy installments. I checked the details of this fryer on the internet and was satisfied that they have selected the right size of the fryer.
Signs of Trouble
However, I was surprised once Advik shared that his wife has refused to use the air fryer having tried to cook few items and failed. The taste was awful, and kids complained about the crispiness of fries and chicken strips. I asked a couple of questions and within minutes I figured out the problem. Her wife, having decades longs experience of eastern cooking, was trying to implement her own recipes. I hinted about the Users’ manual and recipe book, but he told me that according to her wife it is superfluous. I thought about it and concluded that many people do not trust anything which comes to them free of cost. They think that as it was given to them free of cost, so it is likely to be worthless. I searched on the net and found out the remedy to their problem.
At the end of the day, I took Advik along and we visited the shopping mall located close to the office. In the appliance section, I checked with the salesman, and he nodded in agreement before vanishing briefly. He handed me over and I showed the Cookbook to Advik. The book title was Best NuWave Cookbook written by Jody Preston. Advik looked a little apprehensive, but he paid $ 6.99, the price of the book and we came out of the mall. I asked him to tell his wife to follow the recipe in letter and spirit. I opened the book and showed the relevant pages to Advik before saying goodbye and heading to my den on that Friday evening. According to the book following was the recipe for cooking chicken in NuWave Air fryers.
- 1 day-old bagel, torn.
- ½ c panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs.
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheese.
- ¼ t crushed red pepper flakes.
- ¼ c butter, melted.
- ½ Kg. chicken tenderloins.
- ½ t salt.
- Cooking spray.
- Barbecue sauce or honey mustard sauce.
- Preheat Bravo to 400°F. Set to “Air Fry” and set Cooking Rack in position 2.
- Place the torn bagel pieces in a blender or a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Place ½c bagel crumbs in a shallow bowl. Toss with breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper flakes.
- Place melted butter in a bowl. Season chicken with salt. Dip in warm butter, then coat with crumb mixture, patting to adhere. Spray Air Fry Basket with cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer in the Air Fry Basket.
- Air-fry tenders for 14-16 minutes until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. When done, the coating will be golden brown, and the chicken inside will no longer pink. Serve with barbecue or honey mustard sauce.
- This recipe is for cooking quickly as we often experience a shortage of time.
- For mouth-watering real good results, we need to marinate the chicken and leave it overnight. Once the chicken is soaked into the perfect blend of oils, acids, and spices, it adds more zest and makes the meat tender and juicy.
- It is better to always marinate breast fillets as they are dry from inside as compared to the leg or thigh pieces of a chicken.
- Never forget to preheat your air fryer before cooking.
- Do not overcrowd the pan basket of your air fryer.
- Spray little oil halfway to have juicy chicken.
- Use the cooking probe of NuWave XL Bravo, which can tell you the internal temperature of your food. It is a great help to avoid under or overcooking food items.
On Monday morning, Advik looked much excited, and he dashed towards me once he saw me entering the office. He hugged me while forgetting all the instructions of social distancing and avoiding even handshake. He just said, “It worked”. I smiled and told that I knew it is going to work. By spending a little money, his wife got convinced that recipes mention in the cookbook are authentic and she followed one to achieve great taste as well as approval of the rest of the family.
More often than not, we the human being suspect others without much cause. It is a common slogan of western marketing practices saying, “Add something extra” in order to attract customers and improve their sales. Some customers, on the contrary, consider anything given free along with a purchased item as a mere goodwill gesture and nothing of value. As far as the recipes mentioned in NuWave Users’ Manual are concerned, I found them to be authentic and extremely helpful while cooking numerous items on my NuWave Air Fryer.