Table of Contents
- A Step–By–Step Guide On How To Air Fry Tyson Chicken Strips
A Step–By–Step Guide On How To Air Fry Tyson Chicken Strips
Welcome to your guide on how to air fry Tyson Chicken Strips. The air fryer is without about my all-time favorite kitchen appliance. They are super versatile and an all-around great tool to have when cooking frozen foods. This brings me to chicken strips.
There is no better way to cook your chicken strips than in an air fryer. Especially when you’re searching for inspiration on what to eat. The technology the air fryer uses gives your chicken strip a crispy finish on your breading while ensuring that your meat remains juicy and delicious.
Air fryer models and chicken strips may differ but the process of getting the perfect Tyson chicken strip remains the same across the globe.
How to Air Fry Tyson Chicken Strips?
In this post, we will explore the exact process of preparing crispy Tyson chicken strips in the air fryer. The step-by-step instructions that we are about to go through have been tested and proven to get the exact results of utter deliciousness every single time. The one note to remember is that all air fryer brands vary slightly so you may have to tweak a few settings to match your air fryer brand.
The Process of Air Frying Tyson Chicken Strips
As with all things that you cook, there are multiple ways to successfully cook it to perfection. Many people are able to cook their Tyson chicken strips perfectly in the oven or on the stovetop. The air fryer is my preferred way to cook chicken strips, and it might quickly become yours as well.
A major benefit of cooking your Tyson chicken strips in your air fryer is that it significantly reduces your cooking time. Typically, when you make chicken strips in your oven the process can take you as much as 20 minutes in cooking time alone. And that does not include the preheating time.
When using the air fryer, there are some brands that do not even require you to preheat. The brands that do, often only require a minute or two to come to temperature. The cooking time with the perfect chicken strips in your air fryer is literally 10 minutes. So, even with an air fryer that requires to be preheated your total cooking time would be about 12 minutes. Which is significantly quicker than your traditional oven.
Step-By-Step Instructions for Air Frying Tyson Chicken Strips
- Grab your pack of frozen Tyson chicken strips from the freezer.
- Transfer your frozen chicken strips to your air fryer tray or basket (depending on your model). Try to put the chicken strips in the fryer basket or tray in a single layer. You are free to pack as much as you want in the basket as long as they’re not piling on top of each other. If you’re cooking more than can comfortably fit in one layer, consider in batches. Close
- Set your air fryer to 380°F (if your model of air fryer requires preheating, you will need to give the fryer a minute or two to come to temperature).
- Allow your chicken strips to cook for about 10 minutes. Depending on your fryer you may need to shake your basket or flip your chicken strips halfway through the cooking time. Some fryers may not need this step.
- Once the timer is up, your Tyson chicken strips are ready to be eaten. Simply serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
This recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or late-night snack. But, of course, if you are like me you would like your chicken strips to be extra crispy. This recipe won’t give you the crisp that I like. So let’s explore the hack I like to use for extra crispiness.
How To Get Extra Crispiness When You Air Fry Tyson Chicken Strips
- Grab your pack of Tyson chicken strips and transfer them to your air fryer tray or basket. As usual, try not to pack the chicken strips on top of each other as this will cause them to steam instead of fry. That is not what you want.
- Lightly spritz your chicken strips with olive oil. You can choose to use a cooking spray or even brush your chicken strips with oil using a pastry brush.
- Set your chicken strips to air fry for 12 minutes at 400°F. If your air fryer required preheating allowed the air fryer to come to temperature for a minute or two after you set it to 400°. If your air fryer uses the tray (these will mostly be the toaster oven variety) consider flipping the chicken strips halfway through the cooking time. If your air fryer uses a basket, consider shaking the basket midway through your time.
As you can see, both methods are pretty similar. The main difference is that you spritz the chicken strips with oil before frying so as to get a crispier finish. The crispy method is also cooked at a slightly higher temperature to aid in getting back crisp.
What’s So Great About Using An Air Fryer To Cook My Chicken Strips?
One of the main pros of using your air fryer for cooking your chicken strips is that you got to enjoy your chicken strips in a fraction of the time. This is due in part to the mechanism that the air fryer uses to cook your food but also because no defrosting is needed. The air fryer allows you to achieve a crispy finish when cooking directly from the freezer. No other compliance comes with that benefit.
Many people have tried to achieve the same outcome in their oven for years. The outcome has always varied. With some chicken strips coming out soggy while others get a slight crisp on the outside but remain wrong on the inside. Your air fryer gives you the ability to get your chicken strips perfect every single time.
Air frying your Tyson chicken strips is the ultimate way to achieve crispiness on the outside while maintaining tenderness on the inside. Why would you attempt to cook it any other way?