Table of Contents
How long to Cook Mini Corn Dogs in Air Fryer?
You will be thrilled to see how easy and quickly we can cook mini corn dogs in an air fryer. They are crispy and delicious. Once you start using an air fryer for your mini corn dogs, you will never want to fry it deep again. To cook mini corn dogs in an air fryer, you don’t need any oil, not even a spoon, so that it can be a portion of healthier food.
Just take out the frozen mini corn dogs from the refrigerator, and without defrosting within minutes in an air fryer, you can cook them. Even there is no need for oil so that it can be healthier for people with heart diseases. The texture from the outside will be crispier, and inside it will be hot. Corn dogs will be warm all the time and can be the best school lunch or snack for your kid.
Not only for kids can it be loved by adults as well. Without any mess, you can cook them for the whole family. Serve it as an appetizer or party snack.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is an electronic appliance that cooks food without using oil.
Yes, you read it right. Without even a single drop of oil, you can cook any food, and it will give you the same experience as a deep-fried dish. It is more like a conventional oven. You can bake and toast in it as well.
Even you can cook frozen items without defrosting them. An air fryer has made things easier for you. It’s a great appliance to cook vegetables as well.
No need to be worried about cleaning. Just take a soapy liquid and cloth and clean the machine.
How does an Air Fryer work?
An air fryer is a user-friendly machine. It’s effortless to operate it. Put the food in an air fryer basket, according to the recipe you are following, set the temperature and timer, and let the food cook. If needed, cut the food strip in half.
You can cook any frozen item like French fried, tater tots, chicken, lamb, steak pizza, or corn dogs in an air fryer with minimum or no use of oil.
Why should we Air Fry Corndogs?
Below mentioned are the reasons to air fry corndogs:
- Corndogs in an air fryer are easy to make.
- They are crispy from the outside and hot from the middle.
- You can use them year-round.
- In an air fryer, you cook them without oil which means you get healthier corn dogs in an air fryer.
How long do we have to Cook Frozen Corndogs in an Air Fryer?
Do we Need to Preheat the Air Fryer?
It is essential to preheat the air fryer before placing the corndogs in an air fryer basket. Otherwise, you will get crispy outside by a cold hot dog in the middle.
When you preheat the air fryer, it allows the food to cook evenly. As a result, you will get the same cooking from inside and outside.
That is the reason we preheat the air fry before cooking.
How to Cook Frozen Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer?
- Cooking time-10 to 15 minutes
- Five frozen corn dogs’ regular size or ten mini corn dogs.
- Unwrap the frozen corn dog.
- Put the corn dog in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- If needed, cut the stick in half.
- Remember that corn dogs in an air fryer basket should not angle towards the heating element.
- No oil is needed.
- Serve warm.
For Regular Size Corn Dogs:
For regular size corn dogs’ air fry at 370 degrees for 8 minutes. When one side is cooked, flip the corn dogs over and cook it at the same temperature for 2-4 minutes.
For Mini-Sized Corn Dogs:
Suppose you are using mini-sized corn dogs than air fryer at 370 degrees for 6 minutes. Shake and flip the mini corn dogs gently between cooking and cook for another 2-4 minutes.
Tips for the Recipe:
- No oil is needed for frozen corn dogs.
- Don’t defrost them.
- If necessary, shake or turn in between.
- Never overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- However, the recipe timing is based on a non-preheated air fryer.
- When you are cooking in batches, then remember the subsequent batches will cook quicker as the air fryer is already heated.
- Adjust cooking time for large air fryers.
- Don’t forget to set a timer to flip/shake/toss as given in the recipe.
Can we Reheat the Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer?
Reheating can also be done in an air fryer. If you reheat the corn dogs, you will enjoy the exact taste you get on the day first. Then, from the outside, it will be crispier and hot in the middle.
How to Reheat the Corn Dog in an Air Fryer?
Follow the given steps:
- Preheat the air fryer at the temperature of 400 degrees.
- Put the already cooked corn dog in an air fryer basket.
- Allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Now take out the corn dogs.
- Serve warm.
Corn dogs are everyone’s favorite. They are easy to cook and can be the best appetizer or snack.
An air fryer is an easy way to cook frozen corn dogs without defrosting. No watery batter, no grease, and no mess at all. Just 10 minutes and enjoy the delicious corn dogs. Your whole family will love it, as it is healthy for them.
The outside crispiness will leave you thrilled. But, the inside of corn dogs will be as hot as you want them to be. So, enjoy this easy recipe.