Table of Contents
How to Cook Corn Dogs in Air Fryer?
We all love to give our children healthy meals all the time as it is essential for their growing age. Not only this we want to cook their lunch as quickly as possible and without using much oil.
One of the most favorite food of kids is corn dogs. They love to enjoy meal-on-stick. So it is very convenient to air fry corn dogs and add them to your kid’s lunch box.
Even after school, you can give them a snack to enjoy their homework while having corndogs or serving it as a party snack with different sauces.
You need ten minutes to cook the corn dogs in an air fryer.No no need to defrost them, so you will be saved from defrosting time.
There is no need for any oil in an air fryer, so it is another plus point.
To air, fry corn dogs are straightforward. Just take out frozen corn dogs, put them in an air fryer basket, and come out excellent with no use of oil. The outside texture of cornbread is so crispy and delicious.
Hot dogs are warm all the time so, it’s quick and easy to serve it as a snack anytime.
What is an Air Fryer?
The hottest commodity of a kitchen is its countertop. We all want to keep compact and stylish things on it. Nobody wants to have any appliance on the countertop, which is over in size and has no outlook at all.
An air fryer is the best appliance to be kept on the counter of the kitchen; they are stylish and compact and have a lot of advantages.
So, what is an air fryer?
It is an electronic appliance in which you can cook food without using oil. Yes! You don’t need even a spoon of oil to air fry any food item.
It is more like a conventional oven; you can roast, grill, and bake in it as well. However, it takes less time as compared to an oven.
How does an Air Fryer work?
An air fryer is a user-friendly machine. It is not complex at all. You need to be careful with few steps and get the cooked food in few minutes.
Here is a guide on how an air fryer works.
Place food in an Air Fryer Basket:
Put the frozen food without defrosting in an air fryer basket if you need more crispy food than spray oil. Just a single layer is enough.
Set the Timer and Temperature:
Now set the time and temperature according to the recipe you follow or the food you are cooking.
Allow the Food to Cook:
Now allow the food to cook if needed flip or shake the food in half.
Is there a need to Preheat the Air Fryer?
Even in some recipes, it is mentioned to preheat the air fryer; if not, continue cooking without preheating it.
What is the Best Time and Temperature to Air Fryer Corn Dogs?
You need five minutes for preparation and then ten minutes to air fry corn dogs. So, the total minutes required are fifteen.
At 360 degrees, allow the corn dogs to air fry for ten minutes.
How to cook Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer?
- Preparation time-5 minutes
- Cooking time-10 minutes
- Total time-15 minutes
- Air fryer
- Four frozen corn dogs or 12 oz. frozen mini corn dogs
- Follow the given steps:
Put Corn Dogs in the basket
Please take out the frozen corn dogs from the packet and put them in an air fryer basket.
- Spread the single layer only.
- Remember, if you have a small air fryer, cut the corn dog in half.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- There is no need for oil.
- Corn dogs should not be angled up towards the heating element.
Set the Timer and Temperature:
- For regular-sized corn dogs
- Set the temperature at 370 degrees Fahrenheit and 188 degrees in Celsius for eight minutes.
- After eight minutes, flip them and cook at the same temperature for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- For mini-sized corn dogs
- Air fry mini corn dogs at 370 degrees Fahrenheit and 188 degrees in Celsius for six minutes.
- Flip them after six minutes to let the other side cook at the same temperature for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve the corn dogs warm with any favorite sauce.
- Store the leftover corn dogs when they are cool in an air-tight jar for up to three days.
Tips for the Recipe:
- Never overcrowd the air fryer basket with corn dogs. It needs space
- You don’t need to defrost them. You can cook them frozen.
- No need to add any extra oil.
- Be careful! Corn dogs heat up quickly.
- Be specific with time as they will not cook; if you shorten the time.
- When the batter burns, it meets the stick—no need to worry about it.
Can we Reheat Corn Dogs in an Air Fryer?
Yes, we can reheat the corn dogs in an air fryer—no need to worry about the taste. The crispiness of the outside will be the same so that it will taste like day one.
Follow the given steps:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Put the corn dogs in the air fryer basket—Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Take the corn dogs out of the air fryer basket and enjoy.
It’s super easy and quick to air fry frozen corn dogs. You need ten minutes to prepare this healthy dish without any use of oil.
They can be great for lunch, party snacks—weeknight dinners, or anytime you want to enjoy.