Table of Contents
How Long to Cook Brats in Air Fryer?
Having a sausage in dinner is the easiest protein option; it also works for low carb, paleo, gluten-free, and a keto diet.
One of the famous sausages is a brat. People love to have them at dinner, especially in the summers. One of the quickest ways to cook brat is to air fry it.
You don’t even need to wait for the warmer days to have grilled brats using an air fryer. You can enjoy them anytime in the year in any season.
What is a Bratwurst?
It is much similar to a giant sausage. It is made with pork; originated from Germany. You can season it with ginger, coriander, nutmeg, and caraway spices.
You can have them in all sorts of flavors. They are delicious on a bun topped with plenty of different toppings.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a user-friendly electronic appliance that is both elegant as well as durable. It is more like a conventional oven as you can toast, grill, and bake in it.
Cooking in an air fryer is healthy and easy. It doesn’t need oil to cook food, but you can taste the same as a deep-fried item.
It saves time as you don’t need to defrost any item.
How does an Air Fryer work?
Air fryers are very easy to operate. Just put the item frozen or at room temperature in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature and timer according to the given recipe; allow the food to cook.
No need for oil. However, if you want your food to be crispier, then spray any vegetable oil.
Why should we Air Fry Brats?
- It is healthy to air fry brats as it doesn’t need much oil to cook.
- Cook them any time of the year without worrying about the weather.
- They can be cooked in minutes.
- Toast the buns to have a nice crispy texture.
- They taste like grilled brats.
How long to Cook Brats in an Air Fryer?
It takes 15 minutes to air fry brats at 350 degrees. So when the internal temperature is 160 degrees, consider it done.
It is recommended to flip them halfway to ensure that both sides are cooked evenly.
Can we use Aluminum Foil in an Air Fryer?
Yes, we can use it. However, make sure that you are only using it to wrap food.
If we use foil for more acidic food will give a sour taste to the food.
Can we cook Frozen Brats in an Air Fryer?
Yes, we can cook frozen brats in an air fryer. Here is how you can do it.
Preheat the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the brats in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Remember never overcrowd the basket. Set the timer to 17 minutes.
Flip the brats halfway to ensure that both sides are cooked evenly.
Why is it Essential to put a Piece of Bread under the Air Fryer basket?
Brats are high in fat content. Therefore, it is recommended to use a slice of bread while cooking it.
It creates a big mess in an air fryer, and also smoke comes out as well.
When we use a piece of bread, it acts like a sponge. It absorbs all the fat, which drips down in the air fryer basket. Hence there will be no smoke.
Just place 1 or 2 slices of bread underneath the basket in the drawer. Make sure to push the slice down so your air fryer basket will sit properly in the drawer.
- Air fryer.
- Cooking time-8 minutes.
- One packet brats.
- Preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put brats in the air fryer basket—only a single layer with space between them.
- Now put a slice of bread underneath the air fryer basket to avoid smoke. (as discussed earlier).
- Let them cook for 8-10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. You can use a thermometer to check the internal temperature.
- Flip them halfway to cook the other side.
- Remove them from the air fryer and enjoy.
Tips to Air Fryer Brats:
- Brats are high in fat content, so there will be many droppings when you cook them. Hence, the air fryer must be clean; otherwise, it could smoke.
- To avoid smoke, you can also use aluminum foil or parchment paper with some holes in it.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Instead, spread the brats in a single layer; it will also help to cook them properly. Also, leave space between them.
- Remember to flip them halfway to ensure even cooking from both sides.
- As compared to frozen brats, room temperature brats will cook faster.
Some Toppings for Brats:
- Mustard and sauerkraut
- Buffalo sauce and blue cheese.
- Shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Ketchup, diced onion, and relish.
- Fried egg Sauteed peppers and onions
- Cheese sauce with fried pickles
Air frying brats is delicious and easy. Also, it gives perfect taste, same as grilled brats. However, in an air fryer, you don’t need to wait for a grill to heat up or to brave the weather, and no need of scraping things down after cooking. Just put the brats in an air fryer and let them cook. That’s it.
Enjoy brats in summer with friends and family. You can pair them with hot dogs and hamburgers to get the perfect taste. You can cook them anytime whenever you want, either a room temperature or frozen.