Table of Contents
- How to Cook Frozen Cooked Shrimp in Air Fryer?
- Is it possible to Enjoy Food with Less Oil?
- What is an Air Fryer?
- Does an Air Fryer give the same Mouth-watering taste, just like Deep Frying?
- How do Air Fryers Operate?
- What are the benefits of cooking frozen cooked shrimps in an air fryer than other standard methods?
- How much time is required to Cook Frozen Cooked Shrimps?
- What can we serve with Frozen Cooked Shrimps?
How to Cook Frozen Cooked Shrimp in Air Fryer?
Having frozen cooked shrimp at home when you are running late or had a busy day is one of the greatest blessings. Shrimp is one of the most loved seafood around the world. Frozen-cooked shrimp is an ideal snack for everyone. It can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a satisfying dinner. From tossing it into your favorite salad to having it in your soup, you can enjoy frozen cooked shrimps in many ways.
Some people love to eat deep-fried shrimp, whereas some people are health conscious or maybe not allowed to eat food with excessive use of oil.
Is it possible to Enjoy Food with Less Oil?
Yes, why not! All those people with health concerns can enjoy their favorite deep-fried items with just minimal use of oil. But how? Well, Air fryer is an answer to this question.
Now, you must be contemplating how we can cook frozen cooked food in an air fryer, but before jumping into it. So first, let’s see what an air fryer is.
What is an Air Fryer?
Just like the fancy name, there is nothing fancy about an air fryer. An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that operates similarly to a traditional oven which we usually have in our homes. It also roasts and bakes your favorite food items. The significant difference between the two is; an air fryer saves your time and uses less oil. while a traditional oven needs preheating, an air fryer does not require preheating.
Adding to its benefits compared to a standard oven, cleaning an air fryer is more manageable than an oven as most air fryers racks and baskets are safe to wash.
The next question that pops up in our mind is;
Does an Air Fryer give the same Mouth-watering taste, just like Deep Frying?
Yes, an air fryer provides you with the same taste and texture that you get in a standard oven using less oil.
How do Air Fryers Operate?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that has a heating component. In its top section, there is a fan that pushes hot air around in the cooking pot. Though, in an air fryer, with less use of oil, the hot air spins very quickly, reaching every corner of the food, making it brown, soft, and crunchy.
Here is an operational guide on how to use an air fryer:
- First, place the Food in the Air Fryer:
The very first step is to place your food carefully in the air fryer basket. Next, make sure that your food is dry.
- Use less oil:
With the help of an oiling brush, you can easily brush over your food. Another way is to use a cooking oil spray.
- Set time and the temperature gauge:
Well, setting up the time and temperature depends upon the food you are cooking. Generally, the temperature ranges from 350 ° to 400 ° F, whereas the time ranges from 5-25 minutes.
- Let the food cook:
What are the benefits of cooking frozen cooked shrimps in an air fryer than other standard methods?
Other than air frying, two more methods are used for cooking frozen cooked shrimps. We can either cook them by deep-frying or in a traditional oven. But, an air fryer is the best option.
- Why is Air Frying the better choice than Deep-Frying?
One of the main reasons for using an air fryer is that it uses less oil. At the same time, deep-fried foods have a more significant amount of fat in them. So while many deep-fried dishes require a cup of oil, an air fryer needs a tablespoon, and the job is done.
- Why is an air fryer better than the traditional oven to cook frozen cooked shrimp?
The benefit of using an air fryer than a traditional oven is that preheating is not required. While in a regular oven, you are supposed to preheat it for 10 or 20 minutes; an air fryer does not need it.
Although an air fryer and a traditional oven both operate in the same way, an air fryer rushes the air faster in the food chamber, speeding up the overall cooking process.
Some tips for cooking frozen cooked shrimps in an air fryer:
- Don’t thaw it:
One of the best qualities about an air fryer is that it does not require you to thaw food before cooking. Instead, you can directly put your frozen cooked shrimps from the freezer into your air fryer basket.
- Layer it evenly:
Evenly layer your frozen cooked shrimps into the basket, making sure not to overcrowd it.
How much time is required to Cook Frozen Cooked Shrimps?
To cook frozen cooked shrimps in an air fryer is just like a piece of cake. In less than 5 minutes, you can enjoy your favorite snack. Be it a popcorn shrimp or a jumbo one; it does not require a lot of time to cook as it is already cooked. But make sure not to overcook it!
What can we serve with Frozen Cooked Shrimps?
- There are multiple options to enjoy frozen cooked shrimps. Some of them are;
- You can enjoy it with your favorite roasted veggies.
- Toss a handful of shrimps in your salad. It will be a complete diet for you.
- You can enjoy it as an evening snack. Just preheat frozen cooked shrimps and pour in some cocktail sauce.
- Serve-4 persons
- Air fryer
- 5 minutes
- Frozen cooked shrimps (1 pound)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Seasoning (red pepper flakes, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper)
- Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- Lemon (1)
- Put frozen cooked shrimp in a bowl and put all the ingredients in it.
- Assemble the shrimps in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, carefully open the fryer and place deliciously cooked shrimps in your serving dish, and enjoy.
Cooking in an air fryer is relatively easy and fun. You can enjoy your favorite frozen cooked shrimps every single time without waiting long hours to thaw them. Moreover, it’s an excellent method to cook as it saves you a lot of time and uses less oil.