How To Cook Frozen Popcorn Shrimp In Air Fryer
Table of Contents
How To Cook Frozen Popcorn Shrimp In Air Fryer So That It’s Still Moist
Like so many others in the world these days, I have developed a somewhat unhealthy obsession with my air fryer. It is such a versatile appliance that it’s hard to not fall in love with all the opportunities it offers. It can be used to create your own tater tots, cakes, fries, popcorn chicken, and of course, popcorn shrimp to name a few. But my absolute favorite thing to make is popcorn shrimp. Popcorn shrimp can cook for just the right time is juicy on the inside yet crispy on the outside, making my mouth water with every bite. But how much time is the right time? This post will help you figure out, once and for all, how long to cook popcorn shrimp in an air fryer.
Making Popcorn Shrimp?
The main reason you should consider trying popcorn shrimp is that it is delicious. By making the popcorn shrimp in the air fryer you can get the same juicy consistency throughout the whole batch. Give you tasty goodness in every bite.
Secondly, popcorn shrimp is super easy to make. As with most other air fryer recipes, you simply pop it into your fryer basket, set it to air fry at the right time, and watch the magic happen. The only input you do from this point is to shake the basket halfway through, outside of that it is a pretty hands-off process.
On top of that, it’s a quick meal to prepare. Your popcorn shrimp will cook way faster in your air fryer than it would in a traditional oven.
If you haven’t already been convinced, the final reason is that popcorn shrimp goes with virtually anything. It can be enjoyed as with your toast or prepared side for the main course meal or enjoyed alone as a snack or appetizer.
How To Cook Frozen Popcorn Shrimp In Air Fryer
Your breaded shrimp cook quickly in the air fryer. If cooking from frozen (store-bought or otherwise) your popcorn shrimp will be cooked through within 8 – 10 minutes, depending on the brand of air fryer that you have. If you are making your popcorn shrimp from scratch using fresh shrimp without freezing, your dish should be cooked within 4 to 6 minutes.
Cooking Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
Let’s explore a quick and easy recipe you can follow to cook your store-bought popcorn shrimp at home.
Air Fried Popcorn Shrimp
This delicious dish works well as an appetizer or snack, and be cooked within minutes in your air fryer.
Time: 8 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- Popcorn shrimp (625g, breaded, uncooked)
- Lightly grease your fryer basket using the cooking oil spray.
- Transfer your popcorn shrimp to your air fryer basket. Try not to overcrowd the basket as you will need room to shake the basket without your shrimp falling out. Consider cooking in batches if needed.
- Lightly coat your shrimp in oil using the cooking oil spray and shaking it to ensure all pieces are coated.
- Set your shrimp to air fry at 400F until beautifully golden and cooked through (about 8 minutes). You will need to shake the basket at the 4-minute mark (halfway through the cooking process).
- Enjoy hot.
Frozen Popcorn Shrimp
An easy recipe that you can do with your kids.
Cook Time: 8 mins
- Popcorn Shrimp (1 Bag Frozen)
- Take out the popcorn shrimp package from the freezer and place a few coconut shrimps into the air fryer basket.
- Put the popcorn shrimp into the basket, put space between each shrimp. This is to ensure that the basket is not overcrowded.
- Set the air fryer temperature at 360 degrees F and let it cook for 8 minutes.
- Serve with a sauce and enjoy.
Other Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes
Now that you know how to create the perfect plate of popcorn shrimp, let’s explore a few other delicious shrimp dishes that you can create in your Air Fryer.
Keto Air Fryer Shrimp Scampi
- Butter (2 tbsp.)
- Lemon juice (½ tbsp.)
- Garlic (½ tbsp., minced)
- Red pepper flakes (1 tsp.)
- Dried chives (1 tsp.)
- Dried basil (1 tsp.)
- Chicken stock (1 tbsp.)
- Shrimp (½ lb., defrosted)
- Place a pan that is metal into fryer. Set the fryer temperature at 330 degrees F. Gather every ingredient while letting your air fryer preheat. Put the flakes (red pepper) along with garlic and butter in a heated pan and let it cook for about 2 minutes in the air fryer.
- Once the butter is melted to liquid, stir only once. Place all the remaining ingredients in the pan as listed; stir gently. Let the shrimp cook for 5 mins, stir once. Combine thoroughly. Use silicone mitts to remove the inner pan from the air fryer; let it rest on the counter for 1 min. Sprinkle fresh basil leaves and enjoy.
Avocado & Shrimp Crostini
- Baguettes (1 mini)
- Olive Oil (2 tbsp. + 1 tsp for garnish)
- Avocado (200g, mashed)
- Shrimp (10, medium-sized, cooked, tails on)
- Set the fryer temperature at 350 degrees F to preheat. Slice the baguettes in 10 even pieces and lined them flat into the basket of the air fryer.
- Drizzle the baguettes with oil and season them with pepper and salt. Cook it in the air fryer until it’s crispy or cook it for 6 minutes, depending on your air fryer power the timer can either be less or more.
- Let your baguettes cool for a bit. Top the baguettes with the avocado. Add the popcorn shrimp on top.
Who doesn’t love a serving of crispy popcorn shrimp? Now you can create your own in a matter of minutes using your air fryer. Popcorn shrimp is super easy to make. As with most other air fryer recipes, you simply pop it into your fryer basket, set it to air fry for the right time, and watch the magic happen. The only input you do from this point is to shake the basket halfway through, outside of that it is a pretty hands-off process. So, be sure to grab a bag of popcorn shrimp on your next grocery run.