How to Cook Kielbasa in the Air Fryer?
Table of Contents
How to Cook Kielbasa in the Air Fryer?
Kielbasa or polished sausage is a perfect dish and is relatively quick and easy to make. This tasty meal can be enjoyed as an appetizer or as a satisfying main dish. In just 15 to 25 minutes, you can enjoy this ideal dish. This classic dish can be served with baby potatoes tossed with butter, your favorite salad, or air-fried veggies; now, no need to wait and watch kielbasa getting fried on the stove.
Kielbasa- what is it?
There is nothing fancy about a kielbasa. It is simply a thick U-shaped polished sausage either made from pork or with a combination of beef or turkey.
Who can Eat Kielbasa?
Kielbasa is ideal for everyone. People on a diet can also enjoy this fantastic dish since air-fried kielbasa is an excellent option for a low-carb, gluten-free diet. There is no need to use excessive oil for cooking kielbasa; just a tablespoon of oil is enough. How? The answer is straightforward by cooking it in
an air fryer.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a small yet trendy kitchen appliance. It works just like a regular oven. Its main job is to provide fried items with the same taste, texture, and tenderness you get in a traditional oven. In addition, this appliance has pledged to make food crispy and crunchy by using less oil.
I know you are curious about how to have the same crispiness by cooking in an air fryer. Let’s find out!
How do Air Fryers work?
The air fryer has a heating element. There is a fan in its top section that circulates hot air around the cooking chamber. The hot air circulates very quickly, reaching every corner of the chamber and food, providing you soft, golden, and flavorful food.
Here is a guide on how to use an air fryer;
- Place the food:
Placing the food carefully and correctly in the basket is the first essential step to do.
- Do not use Highly Lightweight items:
Make sure not to use lightweight items as there may be a chance your air fryer to malfunction because light items get crispy very quickly and may get caught in the fryer fan.
- Use less Amount of Oil:
No matter what fried item you are cooking, there is no need to use oil. Instead, you can use an oiling spray or a brush.
- No need to Overcrowd the Basket:
Overcrowding your air fryer basket is not a good idea as it may lead to uncooked food, and even there is a chance for your air fryer to stop working. So beware!
- Setting Time and Temperature:
The temperature ranges from 350 °- 400 ° F, and the time generally ranges from 5-25 minutes. However, it may vary depending on the type of food you are cooking.
What are the benefits of Cooking Kielbasa in an Air Fryer than Standard methods?
There are two more methods to cook kielbasa than air frying. We can cook kielbasa by baking it in the traditional oven or by frying. But, first, let’s see why air frying kielbasa is better.
Why is Air Frying better than Deep-Frying?
The main reason to air fry your food is that it does not require much oil to cook. At the same time, frying demands an excessive amount of oil. By using less oil, air frying also cut excess fat and calorie intake from your food.
Why is an Air Fryer better than the Traditional oven to Cook Kielbasa?
Using an air fryer is way better than a regular oven because it does not require preheating. Meanwhile, in a regular oven, it is necessary to preheat it.
Tips for cooking Kielbasa in an Air Fryer
- The first step is to cut kielbasa into small pieces.
- Let it kielbasa cool after cooking since it allows all the juices inside it to rest so they will not pop out when you cut it.
How long does it take to cook Kielbasa in an Air Fryer?
Cooking kielbasa in an air fryer is not a big hustle. In around 15-25 minutes, you can enjoy this perfect appetizer.
How do you know Kielbasa is Cooked or not?
You can check whether kielbasa is cooked or not by putting pressure on it; if it is firm, it is ready. But, of course, if you have a thermometer, that will also do the job.
What can we Serve with Kielbasa?
Here are some fantastic side dishes which you can enjoy with kielbasa;
- German Potato Salad
- Roasted onions and bell peppers
- Fried Cabbage
- Roasted spaghetti squash with garlic and Parmesan
- Spicy Mustard
- Steamed broccoli
- Mashed butternut squash
- Serve- 4 persons
- 5 minutes
- Kielbasa (1 packet)
- Potatoes (2-3)
- Onions (1)
- Bell Pepper (2)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
- Oil (just a spray)
- Sauce (your favorite sauce)
- Cut all the vegetable and put in the air fryer at 400F.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings over veggies and allow to cook. Keep aside when done.
- Meanwhile, cut kielbasa in small slices, preferably 1-1.5 inches.
- Spray it with oil.
- Properly assemble kielbasa in the air fryer’s basket.
- Set the air fryer at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Occasionally, shake the basket to let every piece cook evenly.
- To get crispier kielbasa, you can allow it to cook for a couple of more minutes.
- Now, mix kielbasa and veggies.
- Serve perfectly cooked kielbasa with your favorite sauce or salad.
Tips for Enjoying Kielbasa
- To make kielbasa more appealing, you can sprinkle some cheese once cooked.
- Make sure potatoes are fully cooked since they are the ones that will take more time to cook.
Air fried kielbasa is a perfect dish that is loved by all. Enjoy it with your favorite veggies or sauce. This go-to snack has a massive demand for taking a step back from regular chicken stuff. Well, air frying kielbasa is not only tasty and flavorful, but it is pretty healthy and nutritious as well, as it cuts down the extra fat and calories from your food.