Table of Contents
- How To Make Cheese Curds In Air Fryer For A Crispy Exterior & Gooey Interior
- Common Questions When Air Frying Cheese Curds
- Simple Recipes For Air Frying Cheese Curds
- Bonus Recipes
- Bottom Line
- Related Video
How To Make Cheese Curds In Air Fryer For A Crispy Exterior & Gooey Interior
Do you know how to make cheese curds in air fryer? If not, this post has got you. Cheese curds are great as a late night snack, events or even while chilling with your kids. The one problem they generally have is that they become a gooey mess when you attempt to heat them in a microwave and some cases the oven. Getting them right, can often be a science, but the air fryer take the worry out the process for you.
Your cheese curd will almost always be cooked through perfectly in your air fryer. But, if you accidently overcook them, they will still become a bobbling mess. Today we will be exploring the top questions generally asked when attempting to make perfectly crispy cheese curds.
Common Questions When Air Frying Cheese Curds
How To Make Frozen Cheese Curds In Air Fryer
To air fry your frozen cheese curds:
- Transfer your frozen curds to your fryer basket
- Set to fry at 400 degrees F for about five to six minutes.
If you prefer a crispier finish on your cheese curds, consider spritzing them with a bit of oil before cooking, and preheating your air fryer. To do this, simply set your air fryer temperature in the first step to 400 degrees. For most fryers, this should take about 2 – 5 minutes. Then you can start your cooking process, which will take about another six minutes.
How To Make Cheese Curds At Different Temperatures In The Air Fryer?
As stated above, air fried cheese curds generally cook at 400 degrees F. Though, there are some air fryers that will be able to cook them at 360. So, study your brand or run a small experiment before you decide on the temperature.
How Do I Make Frozen Cheese Curds?
The cheese curds you buy from the grocery store are just like the fresh ones. The only exception being that they’re generally pre-breaded and ready to cook when you buy them. Simply toss them in your air fryer, set the temperature and the load them to cook for the five to six minutes required.
What To Eat With Your Air Fried Cheese Curds?
Cheese curds can be enjoyed with marinara sauce, pizza dipping sauce, or a good salad. Check below for some tips on sauces that go well with cheese curds.
Simple Recipes For Air Frying Cheese Curds
Here is an easy recipe to get you started.
Bacon Crusted Cheese Curds
Time: 20 mins.
- Cheese curds (1 cup)
- Almond Flour (2 tsp.)
- Salt (1/4 tsp.)
- Cayenne Pepper (1/8 tsp.)
- Egg Whites (2, stiffly beaten)
- Bacon bits (3/4 cup, finely crumbled)
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all your ingredients except, egg whites and bacon.
- Next, add in egg whites and gently work in with your hands then form into sticks.
- Roll your sticks in bacon so that they are evenly quoted and add to your fryer basket to cook until golden on all sides. Serve and enjoy!
Now that you know how to air fry delicious cheese curds, let’s explore with a few recipes that you can enjoy with your crispy cheese curds. Here are a few sauces, and sides to try!
Sweet & Spicy Onion Sauce
This sweet sauce is savory and sweet at the same time and goes well with deli sandwiches.
Time: 20 minutes
- corn syrup, ½ cup light
- onion, 2 tablespoons, chopped
- cayenne, 2 teaspoons
- red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- white vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- brown sugar, 1 teaspoon
- buttermilk powder, 1 teaspoon, dried
- lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon
- poppy seeds, 1/8 teaspoon
- salt, 1/8 teaspoon
- black pepper, a pinch
- garlic powder, a pinch
- Dice onions very fine.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes constantly stirring mixture.
- Turn off the heat and remove mixture.
- Cool and enjoy.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chicken Egg Soup
This delicious soup is made with chicken, bell pepper and eggs.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 oz. chicken, cut into small pieces
- green bell pepper, 1, chopped
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan, add garlic cloves, onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and fry for 10 minutes.
- Stir in your bell pepper, black pepper, salt and mix well.
- Add chicken broth, cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add water with corn flour and mix well.
- Gradually pour this mixture into soup and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs by gradually sting soup. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Serve and enjoy.
Spinach Soup with Peas
This soup is made with fresh spinach, peas, onion and flavored with chili flakes.
Time: 25 minutes
- baby spinach, 1 cup
- vegetable broth, 2 cups
- milk, ½ cup
- garlic, 4-5 cloves, minced
- chili flakes, ½ teaspoon
- salt, ¼ teaspoon
- oil, 2 tablespoons
- peas, 1 cup
- Heat oil in saucepan and add garlic cloves, cook for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, spinach, peas, chili flake, and salt, mix well.
- Leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour in milk and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Spoon into serving bowls.
- Serve and enjoy.
Cheese curds cooked in your air fryer are extremely versatile. They can be enjoyed by your kids or a lunch time snack or paired with a bowl of soup or dipping sauce for a bigger meal. Try to marry them with meals that will complement the crispness and creaminess of your cheese curds.