Table of Contents
- How To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill
- What Are Bratwurst On Gas Grill
- Using Gas Grill To Cook Bratwurst
- The Best Way To Cook Bratwurst
- Starting To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill
- Grilling Bratwurst At The Right Temperature
- Grilled Brats To Cook Bratwurst On The Grill
- Grilled Beer Brats To Cook Bratwurst On The Grill
- Time To Grill Bratwursts On The Grill
- How long To Grill
- Steps To Cook Bratwurst On Gas Grill
How To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill
How To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill? Imagine the Summer holidays are here, and you are about to get a long vacation to enjoy. What’re your plans for the holidays? If we consider the majority, then most people must have a BBQ event on their to-do list. It’s the priority, especially for foodies, because there is no better way than grilling food and enjoying the crispy brown texture after you get them off the Grill.
If you are a fan of grilling, too, then bratwurst would be an essential item on your grilled food menu. Otherwise, you must have heard of this dish and are willing to cook it yourself. So if you don’t have an idea from where to start, then this article will be your assistant. We have gathered all the details you need to know to learn the perfect cooking technique for bratwurst.
What Are Bratwurst On Gas Grill
Bratwursts are sausages that are made from meat, veal and pork. This food item has its origins in Germany, where you can find the best-grilled bratwurst to date. But you can cook it at home if you know the perfect cooking method.
You can easily find bratwurst at the local grocery store or if you are willing to purchase the freshest ones, then head to the local butcher shop.
Using Gas Grill To Cook Bratwurst
Gas grills are best to cook bratwurst as they allow you to set the right temperature. It’s a lot easier to cook on a gas grill than using a charcoal grill, where keeping the right temperature is the biggest challenge.
Bratwurst is fragile if we cook them on direct heat, so having a gas grill is best for the task.
The Best Way To Cook Bratwurst
Cooking bratwurst is simpler and quicker. But you have to be a little extra attentive while grilling these sausages. The reason behind it is their soft texture that is most likely to burn if kept on direct flames.
To cook the bratwurst at their best, arrange two zones of the Grill where you would have direct and indirect heat. Although it’s recommended to cook bratwurst indirect throughout, you would need to place them on direct heat for 1-2 minutes to get them brown from outside.
Turn on the gas grill and moisturize it using cooking oil. Moisturizing thoroughly is recommended to prevent sausages from sticking with the Grill.
Starting To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill
Before you start grilling bratwurst, there are some prerequisites; all you have to do is gather the essential item you need while grilling. The most important among them is a boiled bratwurst.
Boiling bratwurst would cook them perfectly from the inside, and grilling them will be an enhancement of their flavour. To boil them perfectly, place the bratwurst in a pan filled with the desired liquid in which you are willing to cook them, close the lid and bring them to a simmer.
Grilling Bratwurst At The Right Temperature
Another thing to consider is grilling the bratwurst at an optimum temperature. It is critical because the pork sausages are likely to burn from outside and left un-cook from inside if kept at very high heat. So use an instant thermometer and keep the temperature at 160 degrees Fahrenheit. You will be lucky with the gas grill as you can adjust the flames by increasing or decreasing the gas supply.
Grilled Brats To Cook Bratwurst On The Grill
- Start the grill. Heat your cleaned and oiled charcoal, gas, or pellet grill to 300°F (149°C) to 350°F (176°C). This lower temperature will protect the brats from bursting, so adjust appropriately.
- Brats on the grill Grill 6 brats for roughly 20 minutes on each side. Turn the sausage frequently to achieve a beautiful caramelization. To prevent burning or under-cooking, rotate the brats to a cooler or hotter part of the grill as needed. Before you remove the brats from the grill, they should have reached a temperature of at least 160°F (71°C).
- Serve and have fun! Remove the brats from the grill and serve on buns with 1 tablespoon wonderful German mustard and 1 tablespoon sauerkraut for each sausage.
Grilled Beer Brats To Cook Bratwurst On The Grill
- Start the grill. Follow the same steps as before to heat your grill to a temperature of 300°F (149°C) to 350°F (176°C).
- Brats should be simmered. While your grill is heating up, pour 12 to 24 ounces of German beer into a covered pan. Add 6 brats and bring to a low boil or simmer over low to medium-low heat. Cook the brats in the lager for about 15 minutes, or until they reach a temperature of 160°F (71°C), as recommended by the USDA.
- The brats should be grilled. Place the sausages on the hot grill for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown and caramelized. Make sure to rotate or move them frequently, as they can soon burn if leftover direct heat for too long.
- Serve and have fun! Take the brats off the grill. Serve on buns with at least 1 tablespoon of excellent German mustard.
Time To Grill Bratwursts On The Grill
It requires around 20 minutes to completely barbecue a bratwurst. Start by putting the brats on the roundabout hotness side of your barbecue. Cook them for 18-20 minutes, or until the interior temperature of the bratwurst arrives at 150-155 degrees F. Then, place the brats on the immediate hot side of the barbecue for 1-2 minutes to fresh the packaging.
How long To Grill
The recommended grill bratwurst on a gas grill is divided into boiling and grilling. You should cook them for at least 18-20 minutes. How To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill?
Furthermore, the grilling time on direct flames is 3-4 minutes while rotating them after every 30 seconds.
Steps To Cook Bratwurst On Gas Grill
- Preheat the grill for 5 minutes and measure the temperature at 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Moisturize the Grill using cooking oil.
- Place bratwurst on the Grill for 18-20 minutes and rotate them with the interval of every 5 minutes
- Afterwards, cook them on direct heat for 3 minutes
- Take them off the grill and serve.
Grilling is fun no matter what dish are you cooking. All you have to consider is the right recipe to Grill. Maintaining the right temperature is very important while grilling bratwurst. You must stand alongside the Grill to keep an eye on them. Rotate them frequently so that both sides can grill properly without burning. How To Grill Bratwurst On Gas Grill is not a difficult process and one can easily grill it without any trouble.