Can Air Fryer Basket Go In Dishwasher
Table of Contents
Tips For Cleaning The Air Fryer: Can Air Fryer Basket Go In Dishwasher?
This post is going to tackle the question can air fryer basket go in dishwasher. There have been so many questions circulating about proper cleaning methods of the air fryer. And as many questions as there are there is just as much speculation. Today we are going to be debunking all of those fears and providing you with the answers you need. So, without further ado, let’s dive into our first question.
What is an Air Fryer?
If you are new to the land of air frying, fret not as I will begin with a brief overview of the appliance. An air fryer is a modern kitchen appliance that provides its users the ability to fry foods quickly. It has grown in popularity over the past few years due to the technology that it uses to cook. The air fryer is essentially a mini convection oven. On the inside of the fryers are a heating coil and high-powered fan. These components aid in the device circulating scorching hot air through the appliance.
It is this hot air that penetrates your food cooking it from the outside inwards. The end result is often a crispy crust on the outside with warm juiciness on the inside. Many air fryers over a variety of dry cooking functions making the air fryer a must have in many households.
Can Air Fryer Go In Dishwasher?
I constantly see this question on forums, blogs, and on Google’s top searches. And I get it. Manually cleaning appliances regularly can be hard and time consuming. So, if you’ve found yourself staring at your air fryer after a batch of chicken wings wondering if you should, let’s put you out of your misery. While we’re on the topic we’ll also explore if the specific parts of the fryer are dishwasher safe.
Can Air Fryer Basket Go In Dishwasher?
To be clear, the actual air fryer as a whole is NOT dishwasher safe! I know this is much to our dismay. But, the base of your air fryer contains mechanical and electrical components that you don’t want to get wet. The smaller components of your air fryer, such as your fryer basket or trays, are indeed machine washable. The full list of items will vary on every model. So, before you dive into dismantling your fryer for machine washing, be sure to consult your owner’s manual.
Best Practices For Cleaning Your Air Fryer
There are a few best practices to bear in mind in order to maintain your air fryer. These include:
Never Put Your Whole Air Fryer In The Dishwasher
Never sinking the whole air fryer in the water or machine wash to clean it. You can damage your machine because it is electric.
Avoid Abrasive Cleaning Agents & Tools
Cleaning tools such as metal utensils, steel wire brushes, or abrasive sponges can only cause damage. Don’t use them for removing food leftovers from the basket of the air fryer.
How Often Should I Clean My Air Fryer Basket?
You need to wash the basket, pan, and tray after every use. The best option is to use soap and warm water for cleaning. Using a damp cloth with an added small part of the soap, you should quickly clean the interior. After you finish the cleaning process, dry all the parts of the air fryer.
How Often Should I Clean The Heating Coil & Fan?
The larger parts of your air fryer should be checked for buildup on occasion. If cleaning is needed, allow the fryer to cool completely then clean it with a damp cloth.
How to Clean an Air Fryer Basket?
As stated earlier, it is, in fact, possible to place your air fryer basket into your dishwasher. In the event that you do not have a dishwasher or opt to clean it manually, there are a few steps for you to follow. These steps will ensure that the fryer basket is cleaned thoroughly and free from grease:
- Using a bit of dishwashing liquid and hot water, give your basket a preliminary wash to remove and dirt on the surface.
- If there are food particles stuck to your air fryer basket, consider allowing it to soak in a tub of dishwashing detergent and hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Finally, clean the basket using a dishrag or soft sponge.
How To Do A Deep Clean On My Air Fryer?
Things You’ll Need:
- Damp microfiber cloth or a non-abrasive sponge
- Soft-bristle scrub brush
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Dry, clean cloth
- Unplug your electric appliance and cool it for about half an hour. Never clean a warm air fryer.
- Remove the pan and the basket from the air fryer, and wash them using hot water with soap. If you notice some grease on these parts, soak them in hot water for about ten minutes, then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge.
- Take the non-abrasive sponge and clean the interior using dish soap. Wipe it away with a clean damp cloth.
- Turn the machine upside down and carefully wipe down all heating elements using a sponge or damp cloth.
- If there is anything that you cannot clean, such as some baked residue, you can make a mixture of baking soda and water. Scrub it into the grime using a soft-bristle scrub brush. After you remove all of that, wipe it with a cloth.
- Clean the exterior of the appliance using a damp cloth and soapy water. Wipe it away with a clean damp cloth.
- Dry all the parts that you cleaned. When they are dry, you can assemble the air fryer.
In this post, we concluded that though the air fryer basket, along with all the smaller components of the air fryer can be machine washed. So, if you have been held off from air frying because you were afraid of the cleanup, now is the time to explore!