Table of Contents
How Long to Cook a Steak on a George Foreman Grill?
You must be here to learn how long to cook a steak on a George Foreman grill? Well, keep reading as we are going to share the complete guide on it.
A George Foreman Grill is a dual contact electric grill. This grill uses direct contact with the flesh on both sides for its grilling procedure. But do not worry it does not get as hot as an outdoor grill. So that you can easily cook your steaks on a George Foreman Grill.
In this blog, we will discuss the recipe of cooking steaks on a George Foreman grill and how long it may take you to cook a steak.
How to Cook a Steak on a George Foreman Grill
Here is the recipe and some instructions for you to cook a perfect steak on this grill.
- 4 steaks of your desired meat.
- Olive oil
- Fresh grounded black pepper
- Steak rub or any other favorite seasoning.
Directions for making the best steak on the grill
- First of all, cut your steaks between one and one and a half inches thick.
- And allow them to sit at normal temperature for 30 to 30 minutes. At this time you have to fire up your George Foreman grill. Ensure that heat is high enough before starting the grill.
- Now you are ready to start grilling, so brush both sides of the steaks with oil. Then gradually sprinkle them with your desired seasoning. Or massage the steak rub into the flesh.
- Put the steaks on the grill over the region with the most heat. And allow them to scorch from one side for about 3 to 5 minutes or unless a crispy brown layer is formed.
- Flip the steaks with the help of tongs and do the same to both sides.
- How long you have to grill the steak totally depends on the type of cuts you made and their thickness.
- Remove the steaks from the grill when your digital meat thermometer reaches 135 degrees for medium-rare and 140 degrees for medium steaks.
- In case your steak is rare after scalding from both sides, you have to move each of the pieces to a comparatively low-heat area of the grill. Close the lid and wait for a few minutes so that heat can continue cooking the inside of the steaks.
- Put the steaks on a cutting board and allow them to rest for 5 to minutes. This time allows the juices to work back via the flesh and make it a perfect steak.
Some Amazing Tips for Grilling
Following are some of the helpful tips that you have to keep in mind while grilling.
- As you are done with doing a good grill sear on high heat, now you may easily move your steaks at low temperature. You have to do so to make sure that the steaks are not drying out instantly.
- It is known as indirect grilling. And for doing so, you have to burn both sides over high flame for at least 2 minutes from each side and then move to low flame.
- Never flip your steak over and over again. Only turn it once the full time for one side until cooked.
- Flipping them too much on the grill can ruin your process of cooking and also fry out the steaks quickly.
- Always allow the steaks to rest after being cooked. It is better to rest them for 5 to 10 minutes so that the juices move back throughout the meat for delicious flavor and tenderness.
- In case you are using a digital meat thermometer to gauge your time for steaks on the grill, ensure that you remove the steaks when the internal temperature goes about 5 degrees below your selected temperature.
- Because it will continue to cook for a while when you remove it from the grill. In case you want to cook your steak at 135 degrees, remove it when it hits almost 130 degrees.
How long does it take you to cook steak on a George Foreman grill?
The recommended grilling time for a steak of 1/ 2 to 1 inch to cook on this grill is about 4 to 7 minutes for medium-rare and 7 to 9 minutes for medium steak.
How you may cook steak on a George Foreman grill?
Preheat your Foreman grill for about 5 minutes with a closed lid. If you have high settings then use it. Now add steaks and close the lid. Grill the steaks for at least 4 to 7 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
How long do you have to grill steak tips?
Here is the method for grilling the steak tips:
- For medium steak tips, grill for about 5 minutes on both sides or at an internal temperature of 135 to 135 degrees F.
- For steak tips of medium-rare, grill them for 4 minutes on each side at an internal temperature of 130 to 135 degrees F.
Do we spray George Foreman Grill?
Yes! You can spray it with a light olive oil as it is a non-stick grill. Even oil works better when you use it for reducing stickiness. As this grill is reducing the fat in your flesh, so it does not make any sense to add more fat back in. However, olive oil is a healthy fat.
How long does it take to cook a 2-inch steak for medium-rare?
Put the steaks on the grill and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes unless they get golden brown and crispy. Then flip the steaks over and continue grilling. For medium-rare, you have to grill for almost 3 to 5 minutes at an internal temperature of 135 degrees. While for a medium steak, cook for 5 to 7 minutes at 140 degrees and 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well at 150 degrees F.
As you have come to the end of this article, we hope that now you know How Long to Cook a Steak on a George Foreman Grill. So, get started with your recipe now!