Table of Contents
- How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer For The Perfect Bite
- Parts of An Air Fryer
- How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
- Cooking Frozen Corn Dog In The Air Fryer
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer For The Perfect Bite
Have you wondered how long do you cook corn dogs in the air fryer? If so, this post will provide the answers you have been looking for. But why does the corn dog cook quicker in the air fryer? An Air Fryer serves you fried crispy food, but it does not fry the food; instead, it cooks the food through an entirely different heating mechanism. When it comes to cooking quality food, you cannot take risks; you know all about the appliance you are using. It is worth mentioning here that various Air fryer models are now available, and each varies in size and control settings according to its brand.
Parts of An Air Fryer
In general, an Air Fryer consists of:
The Cooking Chamber:
This is the actual chamber where the cooking takes place. The difference between various models usually comes in the form of holding capacity. Some air fryers have the capacity to hold two cooking baskets, while some can hold only one.
The heating element of an air fryer is the coil inside the fryer that produces the heat once electricity passes through it. Once the heating element reaches the desired temperature, the air is passed through this coil, where it gets heated up and is passed towards the fan and grill.
The exhaust system of an air fryer is responsible for maintaining a stable internal pressure and preventing the buildup of any harmful air. Some air fryer models tend to have a filter installed with the exhaust that cleans the exhausting air, making it free from any harmful particles or unpleasant odors.
Transferable Food Tray:
The food tray is also known as the cooking basket. This is where you place the food in the air fryer to be cooked. Some newer models of air fryers tend to include a cooking basket with multiple walls built inside. This makes the cooking baskets much more versatile and allows the users to cook multiple items in one go. Some models even include a universal handle that allows the cooking basket to be handled with ease.
Air Fryer Basket and the Fryer Drawer:
The cooking chamber in the Air Fryer is just an empty space, in which a removable drawer is a place. This drawer is used to add food to the air fryer while handling it with ease. This drawer has a handle on the outside and a pull-out button on top of the handle to press and pull; otherwise, it keeps locked and fixed in the Air fryer. The food is not directly placed in the drawer; rather, an air fryer basket is placed in the drawer in which the food is place. The basket has a porous base which allows the hot air to pass through the food easily. The basket is removable and washable as well. You can also use and place other cooking accessories in this basket, like:
- Baking pan
- Casserole dish
- Air fryer rack
How Long Do You Cook Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
This will depend largely on the size of your corn dog, but it is typically as follows:
How Long To Cook Regular Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
Regular corn dogs will cook in your air fryer for about 8 – 10 minutes at 360 degrees F.
How Long To Cook Mini Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
While your mini corn dogs will get the perfect crisp in about 6 – 8 minutes when cooked at the same temperature. Depending on your air fryer, you make even be able to cook them in less time by increasing the temperature to 400 degrees.
How Do You Cook Pork Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer That You Made From Scratch
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 2 uncured All Pork hot dogs, halved, sliced lengthwise
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- Half Cup Bamboo Broach (About 2 1/8 oz.) or 12 craft sticks
- 1 1/2 cups minced corn flakes cereal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Slice each sausage half into each half into 3 even pieces then stick a skewer into each piece.
- Transfer your dough to a shallow dish. Then create a breading station by separating your flour, eggs and cornflakes into shallow dishes.
- Generously coat your hot dog lollipops in flour. You can achieve this by dipping it directly in it.
- Then dredge it in your eggs. Shake of any excess then transfer to cornflake pieces, pressing until fully coated.
- Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 6 corn dog bites in a basket; Spray lightly with cooking spray.
How Do You Cook Frozen Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer?
Both our mini corn dogs and regular sized corn dogs follow the same procedure for cooking. Where they differ is the length of time they should be cooked for. Put your corn dogs frozen in the basket. Remember to give them space when you’re placing them in the basket. Set the temperature on your air fryer.
This is where the regular and the mini corn dogs go their separate ways. While the timer for the regular size corn dogs takes about 8 – 10 minutes to cook, the mini corn dogs will take about 4 – 5 minutes.
The cooking time for the corn dog can be shorter or longer depending on your preference. If you like your corn dogs to be softer, less time is ideal. If you want your corn dogs to be crispy then it will take some time. Play around with the time to see what you prefer.
Cooking Frozen Corn Dog In The Air Fryer
Cook time: 10 mins.
- Ketchup and Mustard
- Frozen Corndogs (4)
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Spray basket and place the frozen corn dogs.
- Set the air fryer temperature at 360 degrees F. Let your corn dogs cook until golden brown. This will take about 8-10 minutes to get perfect. Toss your corn dog at the halfway mark of the cooking time.
- Use mustard and ketchup as your dipping sauce for your corn dog. Enjoy.
Hopefully this post was able to give you some more clarity as to how long it takes to get your corn dogs crispy and delicious. Of course, all air fryers vary. So, be sure to let me know below if your corn dogs where perfect after the 8 – 10 minutes it typically takes in mine.