Table of Contents
- How to Air Fry Tater Tots
- What is an Air Fryer used for?
- What are Tater Tots?
- Is this a Healthy way to Cook Cater Tots?
- How can you Serve Air Fry Tater Tot?
- Air frying notes and tips:
- Bottom line:
How to Air Fry Tater Tots
To have healthy, tasty, and homemade tater tots, an air fryer is a perfect choice. However, if you buy tater tots from a store, sometimes you will experience black spots and discoloration. Indeed purchase something from a store is super easy and quick, but what about our family health?
Making something from scratch gives you accurate happiness and encouragement, and when you make tater tots from scratch with fresh potatoes, you know exactly what is in them.
An air fryer is easy to use, clean, and super quick. You need fifteen minutes to enjoy crispy tater tots.
What is an Air Fryer used for?
Nowadays, everyone loves to have French fries, chicken wings, fried fish, and fried chicken. For this fried food, air fry is an excellent choice. Not only can these foods, any food that you like to be crispy and crunchy, be cooked quickly in an air fryer that includes some of your favorite food as well.
What are Tater Tots?
Tater tots are made using grated potato, which is then deep-fried. They are soft from the Centre and crispy from the outside. You can also use them for specific diets like gluten-free diets.
Is this a Healthy way to Cook Cater Tots?
Restaurant food is famous all around the world. We all love to eat in a restaurant as they provide spicy, tasty, and delicious food. Especially we love to have restaurant-style tarter tots. But to have a restaurant-style tarter tots means you are consuming a lot of oil with it. What if we get away to have restaurant-style tarter tots with no oil?
Not only this, but it is also swift, hassle-free, and easy, and even you can cook the tots right from frozen—no need to defrost them first.
So enjoy healthy and crispy tarter tots anytime with your favorite topping and sauce.
How can you Serve Air Fry Tater Tot?
Well, tarter tots can be a classic side dish to be used as an appetizer. It can be party food or a perfect evening snack. Not only for children, but even adults can also enjoy it while watching a movie or having family time.
You can serve air fry tater tots as a side dish with your main meat course or serve a crowd of people as you party an appetizer.
Add various toppings according to your choice like cheese, salsa, sriracha, and guacamole. Then, serve the tater tots with any sauce of your choice.
How to air fry frozen tater tots:
Suppose you love to have a crispy and crunchy tater tot than air fryer is an excellent choice for it. There is no need to add any extra oil, not even a spoon for it, as frozen tarts already have oil.
However, if you want to have a more deep-fried texture, you can add oil to it; for better taste, add any dip of your choice, such as ketchup, mustard sauce, white sauce, etc., the best snack time. You will get a traditional taste in air fry tarter tots that even a big oven will fail to give you.
Once you taste air fryer tarter tots, you will never cook them in any other way.
- Serves: 2 people
- frozen tater tots 1 lb. (454 g)
- salt (according to your taste)
- black pepper (according to your taste)
- Just an Air fryer
- Start with spreading the frozen tots in the air fryer basket. Make sure that they spread evenly.
- You don’t need any oil to fry them.
- Start air fry with temperature 400°F/205°C for approximately 5-8 minutes.
- About halfway through the cooking, shake and gently stir.
- For cooking a more considerable amount or if your tots don’t cook properly, try to turn them in multiple times.
- You can also air fry them at 400°F/205°C for additional 1-3 minutes or wait until they are crisped according to your liking.
- Add a pinch of salt or pepper before serving.
Air frying notes and tips:
- You don’t need any oil, even a spoon, not even for frozen food.
- Never overcrowd the air fryer basket. If needed, then shake or turn it.
- If you need to cook on with multiple batches, then remember the subsequent batches will cook a little quicker.
- The recipe timing is not based on a preheated air fryer.
- The recipe is tested with 3.7 to 6 qt—air fryers. If you are using a large air fryer, you might need to cook quicker, so adjust your cooking time.
- You can add any topping of your choice to add flavors in tater tots.
- As directed in the recipe, remember to set a timer to shake/toss/flip.
Do we Need to Add Oil to an Air Fryer?
Ans: No, not at all. The best thing about an air fryer is that you get crispy food without even a spoon of oil.
Can we use Frozen Tatar tots in an Air Fryer?
Ans: yes, of course, without any hesitation, just put frozen tater tots in an air fryer. No need to defrost them first.
What is the Time duration for Making Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
Ans: Just 3 to 4 minutes and get crispy oil-free tater tots in an air fryer.
Is it Healthy to make Tater Tots in an Air Fryer?
Ans: Air fryers always give you healthy food. You don’t need to worry about it.
Tater tots are loved mainly by a lot of people. From evening snacks to an appetizer, it can be a perfect choice. Not only this, it can be your companion in a gluten-free diet as well.