How to Cook Chicken Quarters on Stove
Table of Contents
Guide on How to Cook Chicken Quarters on Stove
So, are you looking for a guide to cook Chicken Quarters on the Stove with perfection?
You can cook chicken in many ways. For example- you can cook in an oven, microwave, grill it outside, or you can do it on a stove. Accordingly, we found that chicken quarters are best cooked on a stove.
Well. No worries.
This article will guide you in doing so. In this article, we’ll share the basics of Chicken parts, in-detailed steps of cooking chicken quarters, tips & tricks, and many more.
At first, we’ll give introductory information regarding Chicken Quarters.
Basics of Chicken Quarters
When a Chicken is divided into pieces, we get the quarters. For example- Chicken Leg Quarters, Breast Quarters, etc.
Leg Quarters includes thigh, drumsticks, and a part of the back. Leg quarters are usually the tastier part of a chicken.
Thigh- It’s the top portion of the leg & connected with the body of the chicken.
Drumsticks- It’s the bottom portion of the leg.
Breast quarters include the breast, wing, and a part of the back.
Wing- Contains three parts mainly- the wingtip, the flat wingtip, and the drumettes.
Drumettes– It’s connected with the chicken body and consists of a significant portion of the wing meat.
Flat Wing Tip- It’s the middle section of the wing.
Other parts are the giblets which are – liver, heart, gizzard, and neck.
So, understand that Chicken Quarters are different parts of a chicken when cut or sliced into pieces.
Next, we’ll dive into the process of cooking Chicken Quarters on a Stove gradually.
At first, let’s talk about some tips to follow. Then we’ll provide ingredients to help in cooking, followed by a quarter’s preparation, and finally the steps for cooking your next meal.
- For an exquisite chicken quarter meal, we recommend buying bone-in (bone attached) and skin-on (skin attached) chickens.
- Skin plays a vital role in preventing the cooked quarters from drying out or becoming chewy.
- Chicken Quarters (Leg quarters/Breast Quarters)
- Lemon(if you prefer)
- Other seasonings(according to preferences)
We recommend Jalapeno peppers, olive oil, and proper seasoning with Soy Sauce to produce an exquisite flavor.
Now, it’s time to prepare the chicken quarters.
Follow the steps of pre-cooking preparation:
- Dry the chicken quarter’s surface. As a result, it’ll be crispy, and the texture will look amazing after cooking.
- It’s better to separate the skin from muscles and do necessary stuffing with the seasonings below.
- After you dry out the chicken parts, mix the chicken quarters with salt, herbs, spices, butter, and other seasonings as you would like.
- To make the chicken quarters tender, swab it with lemon.
Steps to Cook Chicken Quarters on a Stove
Follow the steps below to cook exquisite chicken quarters for your next meal.
- First, you need to wash the chicken and dry it properly. As a result, the moisture on the chicken skin will be good.
- Next, follow the preparation above and heat the pan and the oil for 5-8 minutes.
- After the pan & oil are hot, and it’s time to place the chicken quarters on the pan. Don’t put more than 2-3 chicken quarters at a time.
- Cook the side of the chicken facing on the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- When you see the chicken looks golden brown, be sure to turn over the chicken quarters on the other side.
- Cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- After that, the chicken quarters should be ready. So, serve, slice, and enjoy the meal.
Serving the food
Now that your food is cooked, it’s time for proper serving. Follow the steps below to achieve a lovely meal.
- Transfer the quarter to a cutting board.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes to get some heat off.
- Slice the pieces accordingly.
Now, you can serve with tangy potato salad, which will be a great addition and bring a unique flavor. Another option can be to serve with Toasted herb rice.
Accordingly, you can also serve with mashed potatoes, roasted carrots, cucumber salads, and many more.
- Wash the chicken properly before you start seasoning.
- Dry out the chicken parts to achieve crispy texture after cooking.
- When you use sliced lemons, use one for each quarter of the chicken.
- You can buy chicken quarters with skin or bone removed/attached. We recommend buying bone-in and skin-on quarters.
- Use minty herbs and black peppers for variation in flavors.
- Properly cook both sides of the quarters by flipping the sides after 10-15 minutes.
- Best practice is to use Vegetable oil for cooking.
- Consider the thickness of the chicken quarters. So, make sure the breasts are not thicker than 1 or 1 and ½ inches.
To the readers of this article, we leave it to you to use your preferences and creativity to cook chicken quarters in the most appealingly.
So, what are you waiting for?
Why not cook exquisite chicken quarters for your next meal by following the guide we provided in this article?
It’s easy & efficient to cook on a stove. Hence, you can use a lot of creativity to produce meal with different flavors and whatnot.
If you have any queries on cooking chicken quarters on a stove, feel free to let us know.
One more thing, check the video below to have a visual idea to cook chicken quarters on a stove.