Table of Contents
- How To Cook Frozen Beer Battered Cod In Air Fryer Without It Drying Out
- Air Fried Fish From Frozen
- Is It Possible To Air Fry Frozen Fish?
- How To Cook Frozen Beer Battered Cod In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Frozen Fish In Air Fryer?
- Let’s Practice: Delicious Air Fryer Fish Recipes
How To Cook Frozen Beer Battered Cod In Air Fryer Without It Drying Out
Have you ever wondered how to cook frezen beer battered cod in air fryer? Let’s explore how. How about cooking your favorite fish fillets in an air fryer? Our air fryer frozen battered fish post features frozen tilapia, cod, and haddock in this air fryer basket.
Air Fried Fish From Frozen
Fish that’s battered can’t be any more British, can it?
Fish & Chip shops dominated our town’s takeaway scene when I was growing up in the North of England.
The only things you were excited about were fish and chips and KFC and Burger King were nonexistent. As well as Friday night fish and chips, you had supper on Saturday.
My teen years were spent as a waitress in many of them.
Fish and chips are one of my parents’ and husband’s favourite foods, if I were to ask them.
In response to a reader’s request for us to sample and show how frozen fish fillets can be cooked in an air fryer, we agreed to take part.
Is It Possible To Air Fry Frozen Fish?
It certainly can. Air fryers are great for cooking virtually any frozen fish. In the air fryer, frozen battered or breaded fish are equally tasty.
Alternatively, you can cook your frozen fish fillets and chips simultaneously in an air fryer by following our air fryer frozen fish recipes.
How To Cook Frozen Beer Battered Cod In Air Fryer
The following are a few simple things to consider when cooking frozen fish fillets in the air fryer:
Frozen Cod Is Actually Best
The air fryer works better with frozen fish fillets that have been battered. Since the batter is thicker, your fish fillets will be as crisp as those from a deep-fat fryer at a fish and chip shop.
It tends to be healthier and lighter to use frozen fish fillets with no crunch. Breaded fish, however, might be better suited to those with a diet.
The crunch on your fish will be enhanced and it will become a better crispy coating if you spray extra virgin olive oil on it. As a result, the fish does not become dry.
In this situation, lemon juice makes a difference for cheap fish that tends to be dry. It helps add moisture to it and you can do this by squeezing some lemon juice on half way through cooking.
Will Other Fish Work The Same?
Our first attempt was to air fry frozen haddock, but it ended up being a huge disappointment. It is rather expensive to purchase Waitrose haddock, so to open it and receive battered fish that looks like frozen fish is very frustrating. You can, however, use most other fish successfully. So, be sure to experiment. Our favorite, however is either cod or catfish. The taste and flavour were the best.
How long to cook frozen beer battered cod in air fryer?
What is the recommended cooking time for air-fried cod? Air fryer frozen cod takes 8 minutes to cook. Then this is a nice and quick way to get your money’s worth because, as anyone can tell you, a lot of cod isn’t worth the money.
They taste amazing in an air fryer whether you use frozen cod or just random white fish fillets.
How To Cook Frozen Fish In Air Fryer?
To cook frozen fish in an air fryer, follow these simple steps:
Fill the air fryer basket with frozen battered fish.
You can air fry and turn.
You can air fry and serve it.
That’s the basics!
Let’s Practice: Delicious Air Fryer Fish Recipes
Cod Croquettes with Lemon-Dill Aioli
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 12 ounces (340 g) raw cod fillet, flaked apart with two forks
- ½ cup boxed instant mashed potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¹⁄₃ cup chopped fresh dill
- shallot, 1, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, divided
- fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- dried thyme, ½ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- For the croquettes: In a medium bowl, lightly beat 2 of the eggs. Add the fish, milk, instant mashed potatoes, olive oil, dill, shallot, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, lemon juice, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix to thoroughly combine. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- For the lemon-dill aioli: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill. Set aside.
- Measure out about 3½ tablespoons of the fish mixture and gently roll in your hands to form a log about 3 inches long. Repeat to make a total of 12 logs.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl. Place the remaining ¾ cup bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip the croquettes in the egg, then coat in the bread crumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Place on a work surface and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350ºF (177ºC).
- In the air fryer basket, arrange a single layer of croquettes (may need to cook in batches). Cook at the corresponding preset mode or Air Fry for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden.
- Serve with the aioli for dipping.
Roasted Cod with Sesame Seeds
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 7 to 9 minutes | Makes 1 fillet
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces (170 g) fresh cod fillet
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and honey.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, then place the cod in the basket, brush with the soy mixture, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Roast at 360ºF (182ºC) for 7 to 9 minutes or until opaque.
- Remove the fish and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Air fryers are great for cooking virtually any frozen fish. In the air fryer, frozen battered or breaded fish are equally tasty. Alternatively, you can cook your frozen fish fillets and chips simultaneously in an air fryer by following our air fryer frozen fish recipes above.