Table of Contents
Although Okra is not that popular in the US, it is extremely popular in the Indian subcontinent. Well, the taste is not the only thing about the food. It is rich in vitamins A and C along with antioxidants, magnesium, and folate that can prevent a lot of serious diseases. This vegetable can be very easy to prepare. You can prepare it more easily by utilizing an air fryer. Below we will discuss how to cook frozen okra in the air fryer.
The air fryer is a great way to prepare a lot of things from meats to vegetables. You can even prepare the Okra in the air fryer. The best thing about the air fryer is they allow you to cook the food evenly and consistently with the least effort. In our today’s guide, we will break down the steps that you need to follow for preparing Okra in the air fryer.
Why Cook the Okra in Air Fryer?
Cooking the frozen okra in the air fryers can be messy and confusing on the stovetop. But you can make the entire process easier by using an air fryer. Check out some other reasons why an air fryer is the best way to cook your okras.
- Air fryers don’t require utilizing a cooking sheet or roasting pans. That means there is not much of the cleaning job while preparing the food in the air fryer.
- One of the best advantages of preparing the food in the air fryer is it ensures impressive crispiness without using any oils. When cooked properly, you will find them crispy outside and tender inside.
- Air fryer okra doesn’t require more than 15 minutes to cook. That’s a lot less compared to the other ways of cooking the food.
- As you don’t require adding any oil in the recipe, it is impressively healthy without any excess oil.
How to Cook Frozen Okra in Your Air Fryer
The traditional ways of preparing the Okra typically consist of the stovetop and the oven. These techniques require a lot of time when compared to the air fryer. Moreover, this device doesn’t leave any messes, while the cooking is almost automated, making the entire process easier and effortless. Check out how you can cook frozen Okra in the Air fryer.
Step 1: Preheat the Air Fryer
Position your air fryer on a heat-resistant surface, possibly the countertop of your kitchen. Make sure that there is no blockage nearby that can block the air circulation. Now connect the air fryer to the power source to power up the device. Now select the preheat settings to begin the preheating.
If there is no preheating option in the air fryer, you can simply select the temperature and time manually. Use the temperature and time control knob to select the preferred settings. We will recommend 400 F and 2 to 3 minutes for the preheating period.
Step 2: Add the Frozen Okra in Air Fryer
Well, this step is going to be a bit tricky. First, take out the frozen okras from the freeze. Now bring out the air fryer basket from the machine and add the okras in a single layer. If the okras become one piece because of freezing, you may require waiting a while for allowing them to release.
It will be a bit time-consuming to cook the frozen okra in a single layer. But it is important to cook them in a single layer to assure proper and even cooking. You will require cooking them in multiple batches following the way. Follow the same steps for this. You may spray some olive oil before putting them in the air fryer although it is not mandatory.
Step 3: Begin the Cooking
Now you will need to select the cooking temperature and cooking time. Make use of the specific buttons to adjust the settings. Select 15 minutes of cooking time while the cooking temperature will be 400 degrees. Make sure to shake the okras in half time by pausing the operation at 7 or 8 minutes.
Then put it for cooking around 8 minutes. Begin checking the okras when you are close to the cooking time. Check how much they have cooked and whether they have got the preferred crispiness. If you feel they require more cooking, simply cook for a few more minutes.
Step 4: Complete the Cooking
Stop the cooking once they are done. Then bring out the air fryer basket carefully by holding it from the handle. Don’t touch the hot basket or the foods in it as you can end up burning your fingers. Also, wait a while before removing the okra to help them cool down. You can then move them to a serving plate and serve them warm.
If you need to cook multiple batches, do this by repeating the process. Make sure to lower the cooking duration as the air fryer will be already hot.
Recipe Tips for the Frozen Okra
Here are some tips that may help you to get the best out of the frozen okra in the air fryer:
- The frozen okras taste great without anything. But you can make them better by dipping sauces of your choice.
- The cooking time varies depending on the air fryer unit you are using. Some take a bit more time while others can do this faster.
- For a beautiful golden-brown color and crispiness, you can spray some oil although the step is optional.
- If there are leftovers of the okras, don’t throw them away. Put them in an airtight container and reheat them in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes. You will find them like freshly cooked ones.
- Shake the foods frequently to get even cooking. And, make sure to cook them in a single layer to get the best result.
Your air fryer is something that can be used for almost any recipe. If you want to get the best outcome while preparing the okras, you should cook them in the air fryer. You will be impressed with the performance.