Table of Contents
- Top 4 Recipes To Prove How Long To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer
- What is Kielbasa?
- How Long To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer: Recipes
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
Top 4 Recipes To Prove How Long To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer
Do you know exactly how long to cook Kielbasa in air fryer? If not, this post will be providing the answers you need. Kielbasa is delicious when cooked right. Today, we will be exploring not only how long to air fry your kielbasa sausages but also discuss the top 4 recipes for preparing your kielbasa sausages.
What is Kielbasa?
Kielbasa sausage or Polish sausage, as it is known in many areas is made up predominantly of a mixture of ground beef and pork. They are flavor intensive, usually with a infused with an intense smoke, marjoram, cloves, pimentos and garlic flavor. Due to this intense flavor, it is delicious when smoked, fried or even grilled and is often served with sauerkraut.
How Long To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer
Your kielbasa sausage should take about 4 minutes per side to become perfectly crispy. After the first 4 minutes flip your sausages or shake your basket. Once you are comfortable with that all your sausages have been flipped, set it back into your air fryer and allow it to cook for another 3-4 more minutes until you achieve your preferred level of brownness.
How To Cook Kielbasa In Air Fryer: Recipes
Kielbasa Sausage with Pierogies
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Serves 3 to 4
- sweet onion, 1, sliced
- olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- butter, 2 tablespoons, cut into small cubes
- sugar, 1 teaspoon
- Polish kielbasa sausage, light, 1 pound (454 g), cut into 2-inch chunks
- frozen mini pierogies, 1 (13-ounce / 369-g) package
- vegetable or olive oil, 2 teaspoons
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Toss the sliced onions with olive oil, salt and pepper and transfer them to the air fryer basket. Dot the onions with pieces of butter and air fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 2 minutes. Then sprinkle the sugar over the onions and stir. Pour any melted butter from the bottom of the air fryer drawer over the onions. Continue to air fry for another 13 minutes, stirring or shaking the basket every few minutes to air fry the onions evenly.
- Add the kielbasa chunks to the onions and toss. Air fry for another 5 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time. Transfer the kielbasa and onions to a bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Toss the frozen pierogies with the vegetable or olive oil and transfer them to the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 8 minutes, shaking the basket twice during the cooking time.
- When the pierogies have finished cooking, return the kielbasa and onions to the air fryer and gently toss with the pierogies. Air fry at 400ºF (204ºC) for 2 more minutes and then transfer everything to a serving platter. Garnish with the chopped scallions and serve hot.
Simple Pineapple Kielbasa Sausage
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
- kielbasa sausage, ¾ pound (340 g), cut into ½-inch slices
- pineapple chunks in juice, 1 (8-ounce / 227-g) can, drained
- bell pepper chunks, 1 cup
- barbecue seasoning, 1 tablespoon
- soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Cooking spray
- Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Pour the sausage mixture in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 390ºF (199ºC) for 10 minutes or until the sausage is lightly browned and the bell pepper and pineapple are soft. Shake the basket halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
How Long To Cook Kielbasa Pizza In Air Fryer
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes per batch | Serves 4
- flour tortillas 4 (6-inch)
For the Meat Topping:
- Kielbasa sausages, 4 ounces (113 g)
- green bell pepper, ¼ cup, finely chopped
- fresh parsley, ¼ cup, chopped
- plum tomato, 1 small, deseeded and chopped
- yellow onion, 2 tablespoons, chopped
- garlic, 1 clove, minced
- tomato paste, 2 teaspoons
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ground allspice, ⅛ teaspoon
- kosher salt, ⅛ teaspoon
- black pepper, ⅛ teaspoon
- fresh mint, ¼ cup chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- lemon, 1, cut into wedges
- Combine all the ingredients for the meat topping in a medium bowl until well mixed.
- Lay the tortillas on a clean work surface. Spoon the meat mixture on the tortillas and spread all over.
- Place the tortillas in the air fryer basket. Air fry in batches, one at a time, at 400ºF (204ºC) for 10 minutes, or until the edge of the tortilla is golden and the meat is lightly browned.
- Transfer them to a serving dish. Top with chopped fresh mint and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze the lemon wedges on top and serve.
Kielbasa Sausage Balls with Cheese
Prep time : 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 to 11 minutes | Serves 8
- Kielbasa sausage, 12 ounces (340 g), ground
- baking mix, 1½ cups
- mild Cheddar cheese, 1 cup shredded
- cream cheese, 3 ounces (85 g), at room temperature
- olive oil, 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Mix together the ground sausage, baking mix, Cheddar cheese, and cream cheese in a large bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 16 equal portions and roll them into 1-inch balls with your hands.
- Arrange the sausage balls on the parchment, leaving space between each ball. You may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Brush the sausage balls with the olive oil. Bake at 325ºF (163ºC) for 10 to 11 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through, or until the balls are firm and lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove from the basket to a plate and repeat with the remaining balls.
- Serve warm.
Kielbasa sausages are packed with Polish inspired flavors. They are rich, smooth and delicious on the inside when prepared properly. I hope you were able to find value in the top 4 recipes featured above and that at least one of them will work for you.