Table of Contents
How Long to Cook Sliders in Air Fryer?
If you have ever wondered if it was possible to make a delicious slider in the air fryer, I will like to tell you that not only is it possible, but there is nothing better for dinner or a quick lunch than a plate of Air Fryer Sliders.
In my search for good and fast food, I discovered the Sliders are so easy to make in the Air Fry, and in my honest opinion, they are even more delicious than grilled
- One pound ground beef depending on the choice of type
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cheddar, red onion, tomatoes, and cooked bacon
- Vegetable, preferably butter lettuce
- Sauce such as barbecue sauce, ketchup, and mustard
- split slider buns
- Air fryer
- Instant-read thermometer
The first step in preparing this recipe is to preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F. If your air fryer’s model is, however, doesn’t have the automatic preheat feature enable like mine, switch it on 3 to 5 minutes before the cooking process.
The next step is to prepare the ingredient for cooking. Divide the ground beef into equal portions in a bowl, depending on the number of servings you are making. Roll each into a loose ball, then press them flat until they are more comprehensive than the slider buns. It should be about 1/2 inch thick for a more juicy bite. Make a small indent in the center of each patty. Season the patties generously with salt and pepper. Thinly slice your red onion, and tear each of your butter lettuce leaves in half in separate bowls.
Place the patties in a single layer of an air fryer basket. Close the fryer and cook until the patties are browned, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the patties registers 150 degrees F, 5 to 7 minutes. Next, place a slice of cheese and a slice of bacon on each patty and cook until the cheese is melted and the patties are cooked to the desired doneness, about 1 minute.
Carefully remove the patties from the air fryer and place them on the bottoms of the slider buns. Top each patty with lettuce, tomato, onion, and one tablespoon of each barbecue sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard. Cover with the top buns and serve.
Ground Beef, Minced Onion (Fresh or Dried), Salt, Black Pepper, Egg, Breadcrumbs, preferred Sauce (barbecue sauce or ketchup), Slider Buns and Your Favorite Toppings
A few suggestions of possible toppings that you can use to garnish your slider include, Lettuce, Onions, Pickles, Tomatoes, Sliced Jalapenos, Sauerkraut, Roasted Bell Peppers, Fried Egg, Bacon (Cooked), and Mushrooms/Onions
- Any model of Air fryer
I usually start by preheating by air fryer to 350 degrees F for this recipe (that is, I turn it on for 3 to 5 minutes before starting the cooking process). If, however, you make use of the automatic preheating air fryer, just set it to 350 degrees F. Next step is to mix the beef, onion, salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, and sauce in a small bowl until it is consistent and well combined. Form the mixture into your hamburger sliders. Then place them in the preheated air fryer for 5 minutes to cook. Check the consistency of the slider, then cook for another 5 minutes. You can add a little oil with any spice you might prefer, and then cook at 330 for another 5 minutes for an even finish. Remove the burgers from the air fryer and place them on a slider bun. You can top it with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and other garnishes for a more decadent meal. Then, food is ready to be served. Depending on the size of the hamburger, it will take anywhere from 9 to 12 minutes. Small burgers will take less time to air fry up than thicker burgers.
You can Frozen Hamburger Sliders for this recipe; the cooking time will be increased by about 3 to 5 minutes.
Note: These recipes are not an exact science, so the time and temperature of cooking your slider will depend on various factors, such as how well done you like them, your air fryer wattage, the air fryer type, and the thickness of the burger and others. I recommend experimenting with the first batch for the best results. Also, check frequently while cooking.
Tips for Perfect Air Sliders:
- Make use of fatty hamburger ground meat to give your Air Fryer Sliders many flavors for best results.
- Add some of your favorite seasonings in. This increases the flavor of the burger while adding your personal touch to the meal.
- It is not compulsory to spray the basket or slider with oil, but I discovered it makes for a more refined finish.
- Don’t overcrowd the Air Fryer basket to ensure even cooking! Instead, I recommend putting them in a single layer with room between the rolls so the air can circulate.
- During air frying, shake the basket or turn the slider and buns once or twice during cooking.
- Keep an eye on the slider and slider buns when in the air fryer
- All Air Fryers are different, so that timings can be different. Always keep an eye on your food and often check the first time you’re making a new recipe.
- Check your burgers frequently as they cook; since every air fryer is slightly different, the cooking times might vary. Some air fryers are built, so you do not have to flip your food; others require that you flip your food halfway so that each side gets perfectly cooked.
In conclusion, I will advise you to try your hands on a perfectly air-fried slider. No more need for firing up a grill, smoke up your kitchen or clean up greasy messes. It makes for a tender, delicious meal, and topped off with cheese is just heavenly. The best part is you can experiment with a wide variety of toppings.