Table of Contents
Reheating Lasagna can be a bit tricky. That is because doing this in the wrong way will make it dry which means you will not get the delicious and cheese taste. An air fryer can be a great way to reheat the Lasagna. In this article, we will show you how to reheat Lasagna in an air fryer.
You can find the guide useful even if you have no prior experience in reheating things in the air fryer. Moreover, we will also discuss how to reheat the dish in other cooking appliances. Keep reading the article to acknowledge the correct way of reheating lasagna in an air fryer.
How to Reheat Lasagna in an Air Fryer
An air fryer is a great way to cook and reheat things quickly and easily. By using hot air circulation, this device assures that your food is perfectly reheated both from inside and outside. Let’s see how to reheat lasagna in an air fryer.
Step 1: Preheat the Device
At first, put your air fryer on a heat-resistant surface like your kitchen’s countertop. Make sure that the air fryer is positioned away from the wall and any nearby blockage. Also, there should be a nearby wall socket to connect the air fryer to electricity. After powering it up, turn on the device and put it in the preheating mode. If there is no preheating mode, use the temperature and time adjustment buttons to put the machine on 375 F for two minutes.
Step 2: Add Lasagna to Basket
This part is going to be a bit tricky. It will not be wise to directly add the lasagna to the air fryer basket as the melted cheese can fall into the basket and make things messy. Instead of directly adding the lasagna to the air fryer, it will be better if you add it in a loaf pan that fits inside the device. After adding the lasagna to the loaf pan, make sure to cover the top with aluminum foil to preserve the moisture.
Now put the pan inside the air fryer basket. Make sure that it is not blocking the air circulation.
Step 3: Set Reheat Time and Temp
The Lasagna should take around 10 minutes to perfectly reheated. Use the time control knob to set the cooking duration. You don’t need to change the temperature as it will be the preheating temperature. Note that the cooking duration may vary based on several factors. You need to cook the Lasagna until the cheese is melted and glossy and the sauce is bubbly. Moreover, the inside temperature should be 165 F. So, you need to continue the cooking until the Lasagna is perfectly cooked.
Step 4: Complete the Reheating
Once the Lasagna has reheated perfectly as you wanted, you can take it out from the air fryer. Do this carefully by holding the handle of the air fryer and then put the basket on a heat-resistant surface. Never try to touch the hot pan inside the basket immediately. The pan and basket will be very hot and you can end up burning the finger. Wait a while to cool down the lasagna and then take off the pan and remove the foil to enjoy them warm.
Other Ways of Reheating Lasagna
You can also reheat the lasagna in the microwave, oven, and even on the stovetops. Let’s see how to reheat the Lasagna in other ways:
The oven will be another great way to cook the lasagna. In fact, it can bring out the original taste of the food. Let’s see how to use the oven to reheat the lasagna:
- The first thing you need to do is to preheat the oven. This will make the cooking faster.
- Now cover the lasagna with aluminum foil while cooking single pieces. For multiple pieces, use an oven-proof baking dish and cover it with foil. Note that you don’t need to add water as the oven will reheat it at a gentle temperature.
- Bake the lasagna until the inside temperature reaches 165 F. This should take around 30 to 45 minutes. Once you feel that the lasagna is perfectly cooked, you can take it off from the oven and enjoy it.
Microwave is the quickest way to reheat the lasagna. Here is how to do this:
- Begin with putting the lasagna in a microwave-safe dish. You should add a single or two pieces at highest while cooking in the air fryer. Pour two tablespoons of water on each piece of lasagna to prevent drying out.
- Now put a toothpick on the center of the lasagna. After that, use a paper towel on top of the lasagna to cover it. The toothpick should prevent it from sticking on the cheeses.
- Now heat the lasagna in full power for around 90 seconds until they are warmed properly. You will be done when the inside temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
If you have none of the electric appliances, you can simply use the stovetop to reheat the lasagna. Here is how to do it:
- Take a suitable skillet and add one/two pieces of lasagna to it. After that, add around ¼ cup of water to the slices to make them wet.
- Heat the skillet in medium-high heat on your stovetop and allow the liquid to simmer.
- After allowing to water to become hot, put the lid on the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Now cook around 20 minutes so that the extra water gets resorbed.
- After cooking for around 20 minutes, begin checking them. Cook for a few more minutes if you think they are not done yet.
Once they are ready, take off the skillet and remove the lasagna from it. That’s it they are ready to enjoy.
The air fryer can be the best way to quickly reheat the lasagna without losing the flavor and tenderness. If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also utilize the other ways we have discussed. We hope that you will find the guides useful for reheating the lasagna.