Table of Contents
- How Long To Cook Taquitos In An Air Fryer So They Are Crispy And Delicious
- How Does The Air Fryer Get My Taquitos So Crispy?
- How Long To Cook Taquitos in An Air Fryer?
- Recipes To Cook Taquitos In An Air Fryer
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
How Long To Cook Taquitos In An Air Fryer So They Are Crispy And Delicious
Have you been wondering how long to cook taquitos in an air fryer? If so, this post has got you covered. Taquitos has grown in popularity in the Western Hemisphere over the past couple of years. In my household, we enjoy taquitos for late-night snacks, for game nights, or just as a fun snack for the kids. Our taquitos game largely improved when we purchased or air fryer. If you don’t already use your air fryer for frying taquitos you are in for a welcomed surprise. Today, we will be exploring how to create the perfect batch of taquitos using your air fryer.
How Does The Air Fryer Get My Taquitos So Crispy?
An air fryer cooks using piping hot air that rotates throughout the cooking chamber. This hot air leaves your food with a crispy exterior, and flavorful and in some cases even juicy interior. It does this through the Mallard effect. This is essentially a caramelization of the sugars and amino acids found in your foods. The hot air in your air fryer mimics the same reactions that you would get from the oil you use in a deep fryer. What makes the air fryer a bit more favorable to many of its users is the fact that it can achieve the same crisp with very little or even no added oils.
It is vital to note, however, that most recipes cooked in the air fryer still call for oil. The oil amount that is required to air fry is significantly less than the oil you would use to deep fry. Each recipe calling for 1 to 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or light spreads from a cooking oil spray.
How Long To Cook Taquitos in An Air Fryer?
The same technology that the air fryer uses to achieve the crispy crunch that we all love is what makes it cook so quickly. Your air fryer can get your taquitos cooked to perfection in under 10 minutes. That’s right! They cook quicker than a batch of chicken wings, but they are just as delicious. I achieve the crisp I like in about 9 minutes when I cook them at 400 degrees F. But, you may have to play around with the temperature and time to find your sweet spot.
Recipes To Cook Taquitos In An Air Fryer
How Long To Cook Pulled Pork Taquitos In An Air Fryer Instant Pot Duo
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cup Shredded meat or filling of choice (pulled pork carnitas)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (pepper jack)
- 1 package flour or corn tortillas
- Spray cooking oil (Avocado oil)
- Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and cheese for garnish
- Place the tortilla on a flat plate or a tray
- Add a small amount of your cheese, onion, and meat on one end of the tortilla then roll it into a wrap.
- Use two toothpicks to secure it.
- Spritz your taquitos with oil.
- Choose the Air Fry option on the appliance and set the temperature to 400°F. Push start and let the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer preheat.
- Place the taquitos on the Air Fryer tray or in the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer basket.
- Air fry for about 8 minutes until the taquitos are golden brown. Flip the taquitos halfway through.
- Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, onion, and cheese.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories 190 Total Fat 10g Total Carbs 13g Protein 12g
Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
Yield: 10 servings
Delightful chicken or chicken taquitos that are only 8 Weight Watchers Smart Points.
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken tenderloin or chicken
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free shredded mozzarella
- 10 little flour tortillas
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Cooking shower
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Sprinkle lime squeeze over chicken and delicately blend around.
- Microwave 5 tortillas one after another with a moist paper towel over it for 10 seconds, to relax.
- Add 5 oz. of chicken and 1/4 cup of cheddar to a tortilla.
- Tightly and delicately move up the tortillas.
- Line tortillas on a lubed foil-lined skillet.
- Spray an even layer of cooking shower over tortillas.
- Air Fry for 8-11 minutes until tortillas are a brilliant shading, flipping partially through.
- 2 taquitos per serving WW SP – 8.
- But if you don’t have an air fryer, they can likewise be prepared in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Recommend 2 taquitos per serving
- Add discretionary things like salsa or harsh cream to plunge!
- Serve with guacamole and make a light feast that everybody will adore.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
- 3 white corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons of roasted green chilies
- Spinach, 1½cups
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of crumbled cheese (cotija or queso fresco)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Make a small cut in the middle of spinach and put chilies in the formed pockets.
- Put cheese on the tortillas and roll them up.
- Put them in the preheated air fryer, seam side down. Cook it at 400ºF for 7–10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and crumbled cheese. Serve warm and enjoy your Spinach Taquitos!
Nutrition Facts for 1 Serving
Calories: 140 Carbohydrates: 13 g Fat: 9 g Protein: 8 g
Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 195 mg Cholesterol: 23 mg
If you’re on the fence or whether or not taquitos in the air fryer is a good idea, I hope this post gave you a solid yes. Taquitos a good regardless of what cooking method you opt to use. But when prepared in an air fryer, they are great! Go ahead and give the recipes featured here ago. Them let me know below how your experience was.