How To Cook Chicken Wings In A Power Xl Air Fryer
Table of Contents
Beginners Guide on How To Cook Chicken Wings In A Power Xl Air Fryer
So, you just bought your very own Power XL Air Fryer, and now you are steering at it wondering what to make first. Fret not, as in this post you will explore how to cook chicken wings in a power xl air fryer. We will explore how to make the perfect chicken wing. But, before we jump into the recipe, you must understand how to operate your new Air Fryer, as well as how to properly maintain it. As such, let’s discover a bit more about the appliance itself.
Understanding the Buttons/Controls of a Power Xl Air Fryer
The air fryer comes with a digital touch panel display which makes your cooking easy and convenient. You can select automatic as well as manual functions with the help of a digital touch panel.
These buttons are described as follows:
(+ / -) Temperature Controls (Temp)
The (+ / -) Temperature Controls (Temp) button is used to adjust the temperature by touch and hold the “+” to increase cooking temperature and “-“ to decrease the cooking temperature setting manually.
The Light button is used to turn ON and OFF the oven light. After 5 minutes of time oven light turn OFF automatically.
Different Smart Programs/Function Modes
Smart programs are automated per programmed functions. If you use these functions you never need to set time and temperature setting. When the oven goes at standby position display indicates “OFF”. These smart programs are:
The Start button is used to start the cooking process.
As the name suggests, the Cancel button is used to stop the cooking process. When you press the Cancel key the running program will stop, then your oven goes on standby mode and the display indicates OFF.
(+ / -) Time
The (+ / -) Time button is used to adjust the time by touch and hold the “+ to increase cooking time” and “- to decrease the cooking time” setting manually.
The Rotate button should be used when you’re cooking process is begun, you just need to touch the Rotate key will turn on the rotisserie rotation. If you want to turn off rotisserie rotation then touch the same key once more. This button is available only when you choose to Air Fry and Roast. When the key turns in blue color then it indicates the Rotate button is available.
How To Cook Chicken Wings In A Power Xl Air Fryer
Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
TIME: 35 MINUTES
- 1/8 C. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ C. vegan butter
- ¼ C. raw honey
- ¾ C. almond flour
- 16 chicken wings
- Rinse off and dry chicken wings well.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Coat chicken wings with almond flour and add coated wings to the air fryer.
- Pour into the Oven basket then set on your middle rack of the oven. Select 380°F for 25 minutes. Cook shaking every 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, cook 5-10 minutes at 400 degrees till the skin becomes crispy and dry.
- As chicken cooks, melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic. Sauté garlic 5 minutes. Add salt and honey, simmering for 20 minutes. Make sure to stir every so often, so the sauce does not burn. Add a bit of water after 15 minutes to ensure the sauce does not harden.
- Take out chicken wings from the air fryer and coat in sauce. Enjoy!
Zingy & Nutty Chicken Wings
TIME: 23 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 chicken middle wings, cut into half
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, chopped finely
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews, crushed
- In a bowl, mix your fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar.
- Add wings ad coat with mixture generously. Refrigerate to marinate for about 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 355 degrees F.
- In the air fryer oven pan, place lemongrass stalks. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove the cashew mixture from Air fryer and transfer it into a bowl. Now, set the air fryer oven to 390 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in an air fryer pan. Cook for about 13-15 minutes further.
- Transfer the wings into serving plates. Sprinkle with cashew mixture and serve.
Jerk Chicken Wings
TIME: 26 MINUTES
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ C. red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. allspice
- 1 Habanero pepper (seeds/ribs removed and chopped finely)
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 pounds of chicken wings
- Combine all ingredients except wings in a bowl. Pour into a gallon bag and add chicken wings. Chill 2-24 hours to marinate.
- Ensure your air fryer oven is preheated to 390 degrees.
- Place chicken wings into a strainer to drain excess liquids.
- Pour half of the wings into your air fryer basket. Set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 16 minutes and cook 14-16 minutes, making sure to shake halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove and repeat the process with the remaining wings.
Lemon-Pepper Chicken Wings
TIME: 30 MINUTES
- 8 whole chicken wings
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Cooking oil
- Place the wings in a sealable plastic bag. Drizzle the wings with lemon juice. Season the wings with garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Seal the bag. Shake thoroughly to combine the seasonings and coat the wings.
- Pour the buttermilk and the flour into separate bowls large enough to dip the wings.
- Spray the air fryer oven basket with oil.
- One at a time, dip the wings in the buttermilk and then the flour.
- Place the wings in the air fryer oven basket. It is okay to stack them on top of each other. Spray the wings with cooking oil, being sure to spray the bottom layer. Allow to air fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove the basket and shake it to ensure all of the pieces will cook fully.
- Return the basket to the air fryer oven and continue to cook. Be sure to shake your tray often until a total of 20 minutes has passed.
- Cool before serving.
A Power Xl Air Fryer is a powerful and innovative appliance that can change the way you prepare your meals for the better. The recipes that feature the Power Xl are hands-off, simple, and almost always delicious.