Table of Contents
What Size Air Fryer do I Need?
The answer to this question is determined mainly by what you are cooking, the size of your family— it might be a family of 2 to 10—and space you have for such appliances in your kitchen. Air fryers coming in numerous designs, products, and various sizes has provided a solution to large varieties of family size and individual. -In this article, we will help you figure out what size you need and how to get the best out of them.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a small home appliance that can fit on any countertop. It is powerful and also made like a conventional oven. However, it has a built-in feature of heating food taster unlike any other appliance, and it also made cooking faster, which is fantastic. You get your cooking right when you use an air fryer for cooking, toast, bake, and reheat, and so on.
What are the Features of an Air Fryer?
- It can be placed anywhere; it is lightweight and compact in design, and also you can cook varieties of food with the air fryer.
- It cooks evenly in a short time. Research shows that it’s 20% to 40% faster than any other regular method like convection or convection oven.
- Some dishes are traditionally deep-fried — like chicken wings, fish fingers, and so on — with oil, but the air fryer makes sure that you enjoy all this without adding oil. Some customers who reviewed the item added that the air fryer grants them access to enjoy food without adding oil.
- Some products come with “Dehydrate mode,” which helps you makes vegetable fruits without adding some necessary salt.
- It can fit any countertop made with any material without damaging it because of the installed side ventilation.
- Some products can roast, air fry, reheat, bake, toast, and so on. These cooking features enable you to cook whatever fits your taste. Moreover, it is safe to use.
- The air fryer’s basket and crisper plate are made with ceramic non-stick coating, which means it is heat-safe compared to other coatings.
How to use Air Fryer size to my Advantage
- All parts, including the air fryer’s basket, tray, crisper plate, and multi-layer food rack, are dishwasher safe. You can easily keep the remaining part in a good state by cleaning with a damp cloth every time you wash.
- It has an outstanding feature that sets it apart from other cooking methods, and this feature enables hot air coming from the fan to be distributed on the food evenly, thereby producing a perfect crispy cook.
- It has a high power level. This power enables the heating element to move at a surprising speed; this is why its cooking is fast and can preheat food within 1 minute; nevertheless, the heating unit needs time to preheat, so it is advisable to preheat the air fryer before cooking.
- It comes with a one-touch control that is user-friendly and displays digitally; this gives you total control over the temperature range that ranges from 105° to 400° Fahrenheit. It also allows you to decide how fast your food fries and gives you access to the preset cooking time for your food.
- It would help if you remembered that all these features could only work well when you maintain the appliance constantly and carefully. This can be done by cleaning and washing the machine.
Which Size do I need to Buy?
- As a family or individual planning to get an air fryer, you should consider the size and capacity of what you want to buy. Air fryers can be categorized into small, medium, large, and extra-large when talking about size and capacity. Below are some life-saving hints to go by.
- Small size: This size is perfect for singles or individuals. It can cook snacks and enough food for four people. It ranges from 1.0 to 3.0 quarts.
- Medium size: This size ranges from 3.0 to 5.0 quarts. It provides a larger space to cook, and it can cook food enough for 3 to 6 people.
- Large size: The large size ranges between 5.3 to 6.0 quarts and can prepare enough food for 5 to 6 people.
- Extra-large size: When you have a large family or cook for many six people and above, you have to consider buying the extra-large size air fryer. This ranges from 6 to 16 quarts.
Who Should use an Air Fryer?
For people who want their food cooked healthy. The air fryer is known for reducing 80% fat from food.
An air fryer is made for people who hate cleaning up for several hours after cooking. It is easy to clean; for those who love cooking food faster. And finally for those who love fried foods.
What Benefit can I Gain from using an Air Fryer?
- Air fryers cook food that tastes delicious. This is because it deters or prevents the food from becoming so dry on the inside while still creating a crispy texture on the outside.
- Air fryers cook food faster and quickly. When you own an air fryer, you gain unmatched convenience that cannot be compared to what other kitchen appliances can offer for those who love fried foods.
- The process of “frying” food in an air fryer compared to using a pan-frying method is much more economical and much more straightforward.
- An air fryer usually comes with a simple timer that has made it user-friendly, which means users can attend to other things or rest without worrying that the food will get burnt, oil splattering, food sticking, etc. Air fryers are safe to use compared to conventional fryers.
- Air fryers are easy to maintain and clean as most parts can be detached dishwasher safe.
Air fryers are preferred and said to be better than convection oven because it is fast, easy to use, can fit in a bit of space in your kitchen, cooks crispy foods with less fat, and so on. As a matter of saying, people want comfort at the same time speed while doing their cooking, and that is precisely what an air fryer is made for.