Table of Contents
Slimming World is an organization that helps people to lose weight. They basically offer diet plans to women and men of all ages. Their weight-loss dietary plans are pretty effective. One of the terms that the organization formed is “Syn-free”, which sums up to “synergy free.” Their recipe includes some foods that you can eat as much as you want. So, are air fryer chips syn free on slimming world? Let’s find out.
One of the interesting facts about the slimming world is that there are many foods in their dietary plan that are actually delicious and enjoyable. The chips are one of these. In this article, we will let you know a bit more about the syn-free chips of the slimming world as well as how to make them in the air fryer.
So, Are Air Fryer Chips Syn Free on Slimming World?
For some of us, it is pretty hard to demolish the craving for crispy and fried food. But trying to lose weight while also eating unhealthy fried food simply cannot go together. However, when it comes to the Slimming World chips, things are different. You can enjoy these crispy and tasty chips without breaking your dietary restriction. What’s more interesting is you can take as much as you want as they are synergy-free.
What’s more interesting is now you can easily prepare the Slimming World friendly chips. By utilizing an air fryer, you can make the perfect healthy chips that don’t even require oil for frying. The air fryer uses hot air circulation that perfectly cooks and crisps up the outside of the chips. Moreover, you can add herbs and spices of different variations to bring the taste to the air-fried chips.
How to Make the Slimming World Chips
There are frozen and packaged Slimming World chips in the shops that you can use for the recipe. But it would be better if you prepare the chips at home. First, pick some decent-quality potatoes. It would be better if the potatoes are best. Using the old one from the refrigerator may not offer you the expected taste. Then rinse them under water to clean. Once you have cleaned the potatoes, you need to peel them.
You may proceed without peeling if you love to prefer to enjoy them with the skin. The next thing you need to do is to cut them into chunky pieces. If you cut them too thin, there are chances of them vanishing in the air fryer. Keeping them chunky provides you with perfect-sized chips. Try to keep the cuts even. A potato chipper may help you to make them perfectly even in size. You can simply use a knife and chopping board if there is no chipper.
After cutting the potatoes, rinse them again under the cold water in the tap to get rid of the excess starch. Then put them in a colander to let the excess moisture go away. That’s it; your chips are almost ready. Now you can add your favorite seasonings and toss the chips to create a perfect coating of the seasoning on them. Now they are ready to be cooked in the air fryer. We will discuss this in the next part of the article.
How to Cook the Slimming World Chips in Air Fryer
Although you can cook the chips in an oven, an air fryer will be the best alternative. Air fryers make sure that the chips will not be completely dry while also being perfectly crisped up. Moreover, the device allows you to cook the recipe almost effortlessly. Below, we will let you know about the steps you need to follow to cook the chips in the air fryer.
What You Will Need:
- The Chips: If you are too busy to make the chips at home, you can always purchase the frozen ones available in the stores. Read their tag before buying to make sure they are syn-free.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: You don’t need much of the oil while cooking in the air fryer. But adding a bit of the extra virgin olive oil can help to make your chips to be perfectly crisp and well-cooked. Just one tbsp of the oil is enough for four servings.
- Salt and Vinegar: You might love to prevent the chips from being dry by tossing them in the salt and vinegar. You may add other spices and herbs like pepper or paprika if you want.
You can begin the cooking once all the ingredients are ready. Follow the below steps to cook the homemade slimming world chips in the air fryer:
- Turn on the air fryer and preheat for around 3 to 5 minutes. The preheating temperature should be 400 F.
- Now load the air fryer with the frozen or raw chips. Make sure that you are not overfilling the basket with a lot of chips.
- Put back the basket and cook the food for around 12 minutes at 320 F temperature. Adjust the cooking duration accordingly if needed.
- Once they are cooked take off them from the basket into a bowl and touch with salt and vinegar. Then cook again for 5 minutes at 400 F to make them perfectly crispy.
- Check the chips by opening the basket. If you feel that they are perfectly done, you can take them off. Note that the cooking duration may vary significantly for the raw chips. So, check frequently and adjust the cooking duration if needed.
Once you are ready, bring out the basket and put it on a heat-resistant surface. Let the chips cool down for a few minutes before you serve them warm.
Air fryer Slimming World Chips are something healthy which you can eat unlimited without feeling guilty. Now you can easily make the chips at home using an air fryer. We hope that the recipe will work for you.