Table of Contents
- How Long Do You Cook Taquitos In The Air Fryer For A Gorgeous Crispy Finish?
How Long Do You Cook Taquitos In The Air Fryer For A Gorgeous Crispy Finish?
Do you know how long to cook taquitos in the air fryer to get a gorgeous crispy finish? If you answered no then you are in for a real treat. Today’s post will teach you how to get your taquitos super crispy in under 10 minutes! You don’t have to just take my word for it either as we’ll also go over 4 delicious taquito recipes for you to try for yourself. There is a lot to discuss. So, let’s get to it.
How Long Do You Cook Taquitos In The Air Fryer?
Let’s start with the million-dollar question. To understand this, you’ll need to know how your air fryer works. An air fryer cooks using piping hot air that rotates throughout the cooking chamber. This hot air leaves your food with a crispy exterior, and flavorful and in some cases even juicy interior. Often in a fraction of the time.
In the case of your taquitos, your air fryer will get them crisp and crunchy in about 8 – 10 minutes. Generally, you would cook them in a 400 degree preheated air fryer. Bear in mind, however, that all air fryer models and brands vary. So you may have to tweak the temperature and time slightly to suit your own preferences.
How Do You Cook Taquitos In The Air Fryer?
Here are a few recipes to get you started.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
- 1 juiced lime
- 10 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 ½ C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 ounces of cooked and shredded pork tenderloin
- Ensure your air fryer oven is preheated to 380 degrees.
- Drizzle pork with lime juice and gently mix.
- Heat up tortillas in the microwave with a dampened paper towel to soften.
- Add about 3 ounces of pork and ¼ cup of shredded cheese to each tortilla. Tightly roll them up.
- Spray the air fryer basket with a bit of olive oil.
- Set temperature to 380°F, and set time to 10 minutes. Air fry taquitos 7-10 minutes till tortillas turn a slight golden color, making sure to flip halfway through the cooking process.
Calories: 309; Fat: 11g; Protein:21g; Sugar:2g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked beef, shredded
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Arrange the tortillas onto a smooth surface.
- Place the shredded meat over one corner of each tortilla, followed by onion and cheese.
- Roll each tortilla to secure the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Spray each taquito with cooking spray evenly.
- Arrange the taquitos onto a cooking tray.
- Arrange the drip pan in the bottom of the Instant Vortex Plus Air Fryer Oven cooking chamber.
- Select “Air Fry” and then adjust the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Set the timer for 8 minutes and press the “Start”.
- When the display shows “Add Food” insert the cooking tray in the center position.
- When the display shows “Turn Food” turn the taquitos.
- When cooking time is complete, remove the tray from Vortex and serve warm.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories 263 Total Fat 10.7 g Saturated Fat 5.2 g Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 248 mg Total Carbs 12.3 g Fiber 1.7 g Sugar 0.6 g Protein 28.4 g
Spicy Chicken Taquitos
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 7 minutes
- 3 cup chicken minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, kept at room temperature
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1½ cup cheddar, grated
- 1½ cup pepper jack cheese, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Pico de Gallo for serving
- ¼ cup, shredded Queso Fresco cheese
For Avocado Cream Sauce:
- 1 Avocado, large, pitted
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, fresh
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix cream cheese, minced chicken, cumin, chipotle, chipotle sauce, and chili powder in a large bowl.
- Add ground pepper, salt, and combine well.
- On a safe microwave plate, spread the tortillas and cover them with a moist paper towel.
- Microwave it for 30 seconds.
- Take out the tortillas and spread ¼ cup of filling on one end portion of the tortilla.
- Drizzle the grated cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese near the filling.
- Roll up the tortilla firmly.
- Repeat the filling and rolling process with the remaining tortillas.
- Place the rolled tortillas seam side down in the air fryer basket.
- Put the basket in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Close the crisp cover.
- Select the temperature to 400°F and set the timer to 7 minutes in the AIR FRY mode.
- Press START to begin the cooking.
- Once the cooking is over, serve it with avocado cream cheese.
- For making the avocado cream sauce, blend sour cream, avocado, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice in a food processor.
- Add pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and refrigerate it until you want to use it.
Nutritional values per serving:
Calories: 557, Total fat: 27.3g, Saturated fat: 12.8g, Trans fat: 0.2g, Cholesterol: 209mg, Sodium: 857mg, Total carbs: 16g, Dietary fiber: 3g, Sugars: 2g, Protein: 61g
Cheese Pizza Taquitos
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
- 3 white corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons of roasted green chilies
- ½ lb. mozzarella cheese, cut in sticks
- 1 tablespoon of Marinara
- 1 teaspoon of crumbled cheese (cotija or queso fresco)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
- Lightly grease tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Make a small cut in the middle of cheese sticks and put chilies in the formed pockets. Put cheese on the tortillas and roll them up.
- Put them in the preheated air fryer, seam side down. Cook it at 400ºF for 7–10 minutes.
- Top with Marinara sauce and crumbled cheese. Serve warm and enjoy your Cheesy Taquitos!
Nutrition Facts for 1 Serving
Calories: 175 Carbohydrates: 13 g Fat: 9 g Protein: 8 g
Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 195 mg Cholesterol: 23 mg
Taquitos are the perfect crispy wrap to enjoy when you’re craving something fried. They are simple to make, delicious and cooks in under 10 minutes. Who could ask for more?