How to Clean Inside Ninja Air Fryer
Table of Contents
Ninja is a popular manufacturer of various cooking appliances at an affordable price. Ninja Air fryers from the manufacturer is also very widespread. A lot of people in the USA and other countries use the air fryers from the manufacturer to cook healthy meals quickly. If you have a Ninja air fryer you should know how to clean inside ninja air fryer.
One of the benefits of the air fryer is they don’t require much cleaning like the stovetop and deep fryers. However, cleaning once in a while is recommended to get the best out of the device. It also helps to maintain the performance for a long time. Below, we will discuss how you can easily clean the ninja air fryer in five easy steps.
How to Clean Inside Ninja Air Fryer
Cleaning ninja air fryer is no difference compared to cleaning other air fryer. Let’s see how you can clean the air fryer efficiently in five steps.
Step 1: Turn Off and Unplug the Device
While cleaning an air fryer, the first thing you need to do is to unplug the air fryer if it is connected to the electric outlet. Make sure to turn it off before disconnecting from the electricity. This is a dumb mistake that some of us often encounter. Trying to clean the air fryer when it is turned on and connected to electricity can cause serious issues.
If the air fryer is hot you need to leave it for a few minutes to cool down. You can end up with burning the fingers while trying to clean the hot air fryer basket.
Step 2: Take off the Accessories
Based on the air fryer model, there can be several accessories in it. These include the air fryer basket, pan, rack, and crisper pat. Before you begin cleaning, you should detach the air fryer accessories from the machine. You will be glad to know that most of the accessories of the Ninja air fryer are dishwasher safe. That means you can easily clean these accessories without much efforts on the top-rack of the dishwasher.
If you don’t have a dishwasher, you will require using the manual method to clean the accessories. Prepare a mixture of the hot water, vinegar, and soap. Then soak the accessories in the mixture for around 20 minutes to get rid of the stuck and burnt-on foods. After letting them soak, you need to wipe away the residue using a sponge. Let the accessories dry in the air after completing the cleaning.
Step 3: Cleaning Interior and Heating Element
Now we will clean the interior along with the heating element of the air fryer. You will require a soft sponge or a washcloth for this. Begin with damping the sponge or cloth in the hot water. Then flip the heating element upside down to clean using the sponge. If there are tough grease on it, you may use dishwashing soap to remove them.
If there are stuck-on food in the heating element, make use of a soft-bristles brush to get rid of them. After cleaning the heating element, clean the interior of the Ninja air fryer following the same way. Let the surface dry properly after cleaning. You may also use clean and dry towels or microfiber cloths to dry the surface.
Step 4: Cleaning the Exterior
The next thing you need to do is to clean the exterior and this step is very easy. Employ a sponge or washcloth and damp it in a dish soap and water solution. You may also use mild detergent or surface cleaners. Use as less water as possible while cleaning the exterior of the air fryer. Once after cleaning the surface, make sure to dry it on the air. You may swipe with a clean and dry cloth to do it quickly.
Step 5: Post Maintenance
Although the air fryer doesn’t require much of the cleaning and maintenance, it is still important to clean the device based on the guidance on the air fryer user manual. You will also find detailed information on how to clean the air fryer and its accessories. Moreover, the user manual also includes when you should clean it.
Make sure that you are following the recommended guidance while cooking food. Such as, you shouldn’t add a lot of food at once. This not only cause uneven cooking but also make the food stuck on the basket and cause additional grease on the pan.
Ninja Air Fryer Cleaning Tips
Here are some tips that may help you to maintain the air fryer better to get a long-term performance from it.
- Clean the exterior of the air fryer after every use, if possible, to keep its shiny appearance. Check the heating element for residue and oil. If you find any build-up in the heating coil, make sure to wipe them off with a damp cloth.
- Give a deep cleaning to the air fryer and its accessories after a few uses following the above-mentioned guide. This will help to keep the performance of the air fryer upright for a long time.
- Never use metal utensils while transferring food from the air fryer. This can peel off the non-stick coating of the air fryer basket. Abrasive sponges or steel wire brushes also shouldn’t be used to remove the food particles.
- Never submerge the air fryer main compartment in the water. This will damage the electric components and mechanism inside the machine. You will also void the warranty by doing so.
- If you got bad smell from the air fryer, you can easily remove it by using a half lemon. Put it inside the machine for 30 minutes and then clean the basket and interior.
- Make sure to dry the exterior, interior, and components properly after every cleaning. Leaving them wet may cause issues.
To get the best outcome from the Ninja air fryer, it is necessary to clean it properly once in a while. We hope that the above cleaning guide along with the tips will help you to keep the Ninja air fryer in the best shape for a long time.