Table of Contents
How Do You Cook Tilapia In An Air Fryer Like A Pro
We are going to be talking about how do you cook tilapia in an air fryer. Fish on a whole seems easy to cook but it is one of the hardest proteins to cook in a professional kitchen. The reason why because you cannot hide your mistakes in a fish easily. Fish are very delicate and it takes a delicate hand to cook them but not in a professional kitchen. However, it doesn’t mean that we’re going to relax. We are going to push out almost the same energy as a professional kitchen.
All that was said before it’s the same thing for tilapia. It is a delicate fish and if you’re not careful it can break. This fish brings back some not-so-good memories, but enough about me. It is going to be pretty interesting how it comes out in the air fryer. You can eat tilapia for your appetizer or dinner.
Did you know that tilapia fish are popular in most countries? It is popular because it doesn’t have your traditional fishy scent nor does it have a fishy flavor. The tilapia has a firm flesh that flakes while it’s cooking and it has many ways that you can cook it, deep frying is not an option. Even if you were to cook your tilapia in a deep fryer it would be very messy alone other things. The only cool thing that I’m looking towards cooking my tilapia in an air fryer is the fact that it’s going to be crispy on the outside.
If you were to cook this fish for your main course things that you will need to before you get started. This fish will take 30 minutes to cook or less. And since you’re using an air fryer to cook you can expect that you will that is going to be clean and easy to use. You can pair your tilapia dish with a salad or a bowl of rice.
How Do You Cook Tilapia in an Air Fryer: Recipe Section
Here are a few recipes that you can try for yourself.
Prep Time7 minutes
Cook Time8 minutes
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. oil for brushing
- ½ tsp. fennel crushed
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. pepper powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 egg
- 5 cups breadcrumbs
- Wash your tilapia fillets and dry them with a paper towel.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl. Set this bowl aside.
- In another bowl, combine and mix all of your dry ingredients.
Note: If you do not have any bread crumbs and you can’t get it at the store. Take a few slices of whole wheat bread and put it in the blender. Pulse until your bread becomes breadcrumbs.
- Preheat your air fryer at 390 F for 4 minutes.
For assembling the fillets:
- Put your fillet into the egg wash make sure that both sides are coated properly. Then put your fillet into the dry mix bowl and ensure that your fillet is also coated properly on both sides.
- Repeat those steps for all your fillet.
- In the air fryer basket brush your oil into it. Place your fillet into the basket, if your basket is overcrowded that it will cook properly.
- Cook your tilapia fillets for 8 to 10 minutes at 390°F. Take out the basket after four minutes of cooking time and lightly spray the tilapia.
- Once the timer is done check to see if your breading is golden brown. If so you’re good to go. Side note there is no need for you to flip the fillet.
- Serve with a salad or rice.
Tilapia With Chives
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives chopped
- ground pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- tilapia filets (2 fillets, 6 oz each)
- Set your air fryer temperature at 400°F to preheat.
- Dry your fillet with a paper towel after washing it.
- Mix in all your ingredients except for the tilapia fillets, in a small bowl. Spray olive oil on both sides of your fillets.
- Also, sprayer your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Put the fillets in the air fryer and let it cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Or you can cook the fillet until it is no longer translucent and it flakes easily using a fork.
- Serve and enjoy.
Fresh Lemon Pepper With Tilapia
Prep: 10 mins
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped, or more to taste
- 4 wedges lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black peppercorns
- cooking spray
- 4 (6 ounces) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch paprika
- Set your air fryer temperature at 400°F to preheat for three minutes.
- Try your fillets with a paper towel after you rinse.
- Add all of your ingredients except for the tilapia fillet, parsley, lemon wedge, and paprika in a bowl. Apply
- the mixture on the fillet, ensure that the spice mixture is on both sides of the tilapia. Add the paprika on top of the fillets by sprinkling on both sides of the tilapia.
- Use the cooking spray and spray your air fryer basket and put the fillets inside the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook your tilapia for 7 to 10 minutes or until it can be flaked with a fork.
- Once the fillets are done cooking, place the fillet on a plate and garnish it with the lemon wedge and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy.
There isn’t anything much to conclude, the post said everything. You have three recipes that you can use to practice and you now have another fish recipe that you can use to make for your family and friends. That’s it from me and I’ll see you at the next one.