- How Long To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer For A Delicious Crispy Snack
- How Long To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
- How To Air Fry Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
- Final Thoughts
- Related Video
How Long To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer For A Delicious Crispy Snack
Do you wonder how long to cook chicken nuggets in the air fryer? As usual, this post has got you covered. We all love chicken nuggets. They are super easy to cook, delicious, and can be used as a tasty snack for the whole family. This post will work you through a few recipes for making chicken nuggets whether cooking from fresh or frozen. Let’s just jump right in!
How Long To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound of chopped skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan or cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley flakes (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF.
- Add flour, pepper, and salt in a small bowl and mix. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl. Combine cheese, parsley, and breadcrumbs in the third one.
- Put chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture and finally coat generously with breadcrumbs, pressing lightly.
- Transfer the coated chicken pieces into the air fryer basket in one layer. Spray with olive oil to make them crispy and golden-brown. Cook each batch for 7 minutes. Check readiness before removing it from the basket.
- Serve* warm and enjoy your Chicken Nuggets!
* Serve it with barbecue, pizza, or marinara sauce, or ranch dressings.
You can store the cooked Chicken Nuggets in a fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (for about 5 Nuggets)
- Calories: 399
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 46 g
- Sodium: 434 mg
- Cholesterol: 150 mg
How Long To Cook Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets in The Air Fryer
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 25mins
- Chicken Nuggets (1 lb., not breaded)
- Salt (2 tsp., to taste)
- Pepper (1 tsp., to taste)
- Almond meal (½ cup, for coating)
- Set your air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Season your nuggets to taste, then roll the chicken pieces in your almond meal so that they are evenly coated.
- Once coated, place your nuggets in your fry basket and allow to cook until golden brown in appearance and no longer pink on the inside (about 25 minutes). Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (for about 5 Nuggets)
How To Cook Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer
Honey Glazed Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Nuggets
- Oil Spray
- Preferred Seasoning
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place your nuggets in your fry basket.
- Lightly coat with olive oil. You can use a spray bottle to do this or brush on oil with a pastry brush.
- Allow to cook until golden in appearance (about 6 minutes, flipping halfway through).
- Transfer your wings to a mixing bowl and toss in honey until evenly coated.
- Return to the fryer and continue to cook for another 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Enjoy!
Chicken Nuggets from Scratch
- parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons grated
- Chicken, 2 large breasts, skinless, boneless, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- olive oil, 2 teaspoons
- kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
- Italian breadcrumbs, whole wheat, 6 tablespoons
- Panko, 2 tablespoons
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer at 400°F for eight minutes.
- Put olive oil in one bowl and the panko, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season the chicken to your liking, then toss in olive oil to evenly coat all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken one at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place them into the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer Basket.
- Then lightly spray the top of it with olive oil spray.
- Close the Air Fryer lid and cook for 8 minutes, turning halfway until it gets golden.
How To Air Fry Chicken Tenders In The Air Fryer
If you run out of chicken nuggets, but you have fresh chicken, why not make some chicken tenders? It’s easy! Here’s how:
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- chicken breast, 1 pound, skinless, cut into strips
- Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup grated
- Panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup
- Eggs, 2
- all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup
- Buttermilk, 1/2 cup
- Italian Seasoning, 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray (avocado oil)
- Choose the Air Fry option on the Instant Pot Duo Crisp Air Fryer and set the temperature to 400°F. Push start and begin the preheating.
- Put the chicken tenders in a bag with a ziplock or bowl and coat them with milk
- Combine the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese in a deep bowl.
- Place the egg in the other bowl and flour in a separate bowl.
- Dig the tenders through the flour followed by dipping in egg, post dredge through the breadcrumb mix.
- Once preheated, sprinkle the Air Fryer trays or basket with oil and place the tenders on the tray. Do not crowd or overlap the tenders.
- Drizzle the chicken tenders with some oil.
- Close the air fryer lid and Air Fry for about 5 minutes, then turn the tenders over and spray them with oil again. Switch the tray positions in case you are using multiple trays.
- Repeat step 8 again.
- Air fry for another 6 minutes or until the internal temperature of your chicken tenders is at least 165°F. The color of your breading should be a nice golden brown. Be sure to flip the chicken tenders halfway through the cooking time.
Chicken nuggets bring back so many nostalgic memories for adults across the globe. They also serve as a great family snack as kids also love them for the crispy exterior, and juicy interior. As if all of that wasn’t enough, they are also extremely easy to whip up in the air fryer. So, go ahead and give the recipes above a go then come on back and leave a comment below to let me know how it went.