How Long To Reheat Onion Rings In Air Fryer
Table of Contents
How Long To Reheat Onion Rings In Air Fryer For A Delicious Treat
You guys have asked us how long to reheat onion rings in air fryer repeatedly. Today we are providing you with the answers you seek. The air fryer will be able to reheat leftover onion rings. Air fryers make the best reheaters for onion rings and calamari rings because they hold their crispness without getting soggy.
When I was in my teens, I developed a love for onion rings. Our vegetarian cousin ordered a tower of onion rings when we went out for dinner. They came with an awesome dipping sauce that paired perfectly with the dish.
This was a definite perk of being a vegetarian as I devoured these beer battered onion rings in one sitting. As a result, I became accustomed to ordering cheese pizza, fries, and onion rings whenever my parents were out. The next day, leftover pizza, fries, and onion rings would be reheated in the microwave even with my teenage appetite.
Now, we use an air fryer to reheat food. Here is where things get exciting. To follow on from how easy it is to heat up pizza in an air fryer and how to heat up air fryer fries, now we’re getting to the onion rings.
Do Onion Rings Reheat Well In The Microwave?
You absolutely can, and much like I mentioned above, I usually do this with leftover pizza and fries.
Despite tasting good, your onion rings will become rather soggy, but it is a good option when you only have access to a microwave.
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Onion Rings?
Air fryers are perfect for reheating onion rings. Your onion rings will become crispy again if you use an air fryer instead of a deep fat fryer.
You can also use the air fryer for leftover pizza and fries.
Is It Possible To Reheat Onion Rings A Day After Coking?
You certainly can. Place your onion rings that remain after you’ve finished eating in your refrigerator on a small plate or in a takeout box. Your cold onion rings can then be placed in the air fryer for reheating the next day.
Does This Work For Calamari Rings?
Calamari rings can also be heated using the same cooking times and tips as onion rings. Squid instead of onion is the only difference. In most cases, the batters and sizes are the same.
There is only one thing to consider: calamari rings must be refrigerated after eating and can only be re-heated once.
How Long To Reheat Onion Rings In Air Fryer
In an air fryer, you can easily reheat onion rings by following these steps:
Fill the air fryer basket with leftover onion rings.
Spritz extra virgin olive oil on the onion rings.
Set the air fryer to 360°F for 4 minutes.
After turning, spray again. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes at 400°F.
Serve if crispy.
This guide also explains how to reheat leftover onion rings that you have made in an air fryer.
Is it Possible To Reheat Onion Rings to Make Them Crispy?
It’s the extra virgin olive oil spray and the high temperature that makes onion rings crispy when they are reheated.
Even if your onion rings are not crispy enough for you, you can add a few more minutes to the time at the end.
Since I have been using the air fryer for nine years, I have learned not all air fryers are the same, and some need additional cooking time.
How To Cook Onion Rings In Air Fryer?
How Long To Cook Bacon-Wrapped Onion Rings In Air Fryer
Cook time: 10 minutes |Serves: 4 | Per serving: Calories 105; Carbs 3.7g; Fat 5.9g; Protein 7.5g
- Large onion – 1, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices
- Sriracha – 1 tbsp.
- Bacon – 8 slices
Brush sriracha over the onion slices. Take two slices of onion and wrap bacon around the rings. Repeat with the remaining onion and bacon. Place into the air fryer basket. Cook at 350F for 10 minutes. Flip the onion rings halfway through the cooking time. Serve warm.
Beery and Crunchy Onion Rings
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 16 minutes | Serves 2 to 4
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ²⁄₃ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- black pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Egg, 1, beaten
- ¾ cup beer
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- olive oil, 1 tablespoons
- Cooking spray
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings (½-inch)
- Preheat the air fryer to 360ºF (182ºC). Spritz the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, paprika, baking soda, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Combine the egg and beer in a separate bowl. Stir to mix well.
- In the center of the flour mixture, make a well, then fill it with the egg mixture. Stir to mix everything well.
- Pour the breadcrumbs and olive oil in a shallow plate. Stir to mix well.
- Dredge the onion rings gently into the flour and egg mixture, then shake the excess off and put into the plate of breadcrumbs. Flip to coat the both sides well.
- Arrange the onion rings in the preheated air fryer. Air fry in batches for 16 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Flip the rings and put the bottom rings to the top halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
You certainly can. Place your onion rings that remain after you’ve finished eating in your refrigerator on a small plate or in a takeout box. Your cold onion rings can then be placed in the air fryer for reheating the next day. Reheating onion rings in the air fryer is easy, Simply:
- Fill the air fryer basket with leftover onion rings.
- Spritz extra virgin olive oil on the onion rings.
- Set the air fryer to 360°F for 4 minutes.
- After turning, spray again. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes at 400°F.
- Serve if crispy.