Table of Contents
- How to use the Rotisserie on Power Air Fryer?
How to use the Rotisserie on Power Air Fryer?
Rotisserie is a function in the power air fryer that allows you to roast your food — chicken, beef, and so on — in styles. In this article, we will tell you everything about the rotisserie function and some other things.
Some Facts about Power Air Fryer
- The power air fryer comes with seven cooking modes, including the professional dehydrator and rotisserie. Rotisserie chicken is juicy, crispy, super tender, and crunchy.
- Its design is one of a kind, it has eight preset buttons on it, and they respond in a one-touch drip tray that catches extra fat for guilt-free frying with less fat and fewer calories.
- It dehydrates veggies, fruit, and more with no sugar or other ingredients added.
- Airflow racks are made to circulate the food at 360°F to aid crispness.
- It has extra space that allows you to cook a meal for a family at once.
What is Rotisserie?
Rotisserie, also called spit-roasting, is a method of roasting in which meat is gored on a spit placed over a fire in the oven, fireplace, or over a campfire. Spit is a long rod used to hold food. This style is generally used for cooking an entire animal or big joints, such as pigs, chickens, or turkeys. While cooking, the spit rotates, and this helps cook the meat thoroughly and allows you to access continuous basting easily.
What are the Functions of a Power Air Fryer?
- Air fryer trays: The power air fryer comes with two air fryer trays when you buy a new one. These trays look like baking trays, they function as the air fryer basket, and they also have holes in them.
- Rotisserie basket: The best advantage of an air fryer is to use the rotisserie function in the air fryer oven. The basket is like a deep frying basket.
- Roast function: The roast function setting enable the food to cook slower than the air fry setting.
- Rotisserie spit: This is where the roast function comes to full functionality because it works alongside the rotisserie spit. You can roast a leg of lamb, a whole chicken.
- The broiler function: While the machine is set to broil, it has a total set temperature of 400ºF.
- The dehydrate function: The dehydrating role is one of the best functions an air fryer can have. This is because you can make juices using vegetables and fruits easily without adding other necessary ingredients.
- The bake function: The bake function is good too. When you have a product of power air fryer, baking becomes easy as you can bake cakes and other foods in it.
- The reheat function: This is the function that is supposed to put the air fryer in competition with the microwave. This function brings about the idea of you reheating your leftovers at low heat, in a short time, and without using oil, thereby giving you a better result and healthy food.
How to Rotisserie Food (Chicken)
To use rotisserie function in roasting a chicken, you will need 1 Whole chicken blotted dry and cleaned, two tablespoons of olive oil or groundnut out, one tablespoon of favorite seasoning.
- Firstly remove the packet from the chicken and dry it thoroughly. Then rub the oil all over the chicken’s body and season evenly and to your satisfaction.
- After that, place chicken breast side down into the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Turn the chicken over once the first 30 minutes have elapsed and cook for another 30 minutes at the same temperature.
- Allow it to cool and then serve.
- The time needed to rotisserie a chicken is 1 hour 5 minutes ( preparation time takes 5 minutes and cooking time takes 1 hour).
What are the Advantages of Rotisserie Function?
The rotisserie style is achieved when heats food from the bottom and top — the convection style —cooks the food while the spit rotates the chicken. This keeps your food juicy on the inside, evenly cooked, and crispy on the outside.
How to Maintain Rotisserie in an Air Fryer
- The first to do before considering cleaning the appliance is to make sure you remove the air fryer from the electrical outlet like the wall socket and be sure the machine cools off before cleaning.
- Then, wipe the exterior part of the appliance with a warm, damp cloth and a mild detergent.
- To clean the air fryer door, gently rinse both sides with a damp cloth and warm soapy water. Remember not to soak or thrust the heating unit into water or wash in a dishwasher.
- Clean the interior side of the unit with hot water, a no abrasive sponge, and a mild detergent.
- Do not rinse the heating coils; this is because they may break and also they are fragile. After that, rinse the unit thoroughly with a clean, moist cloth. Do not leave traces of water inside the unit.
- If you have the time, use a no abrasive brush to clean the food residue in the basket. If food particle is still stuck in the accessories, soak it in warm water containing mild detergent for some minutes or until it starts to fall off, as it will help to remove food particles easily and then wash by hand.
- You can store the appliance if you feel you won’t be needing it for a long time. And to do that, unplug the air fryer and let it cool. Also, make sure all parts are dry and clean. Then, place the appliance in a clean and dry place.
How to Reheat food using Rotisserie Function
For an extra crunchy chicken skin, try to reheat your chicken in an air fryer. You restore the crispy taste when reheating your chicken or any food when you follow the steps below.
Turn the air fryer to 350°F and remove rotisserie chicken from its package and place it in the air fryer. Set cooking time to 4 minutes. After it’s done, remove chicken from the air fryer and enjoy.
When you cook with the air fryer, it gives you a healthier method to prepare some of your homemade foods. It can fit on any countertop, and it’s packed with lots of functionality.